SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I have to wonder what your kids took from this entire encounter?

That's a cornball move in my opinion. And they way you are trying to portray yourself in this thread makes me even more secure in my thoughts.

Cornballism

Who you responding to?

Smooth. For a house call that's not bad either.

I know cat's doing house calls for a hundo

Random, but I peeped Zeke Elliott's barber's IG page...it was linked to his barbershop. He had a "deal" where you can pay $1500 up front and you get one haircut per week and as soon as you walk in the shop, you get seated.

I did the math, and that ain't it chief :lol:

Was at TD Garden for Celtics/Sixers on Christmas. Got in line to get a beer. I'm fourth person in line. It took 20 minutes. People in front of me either ordered beer or coffee. No food. Finally order and pay for my $11.25 Miller Lite and on the screen it comes up as do I want to leave 5%/10%/20%/25%. Horrible, expensive service from miserable people and they want a tip on top of that. :lol:

Random, but I peeped Zeke Elliott's barber's IG page...it was linked to his barbershop. He had a "deal" where you can pay $1500 up front and you get one haircut per week and as soon as you walk in the shop, you get seated.

$1500!!! Mayne this barbers are tryna get paid like doctors!!

Yeah did the math also for what I pay damn that. I don't care how sharp the blades are I ain't paying $1500. Appointment, and cut now cost 30-40 and I go every two weeks.

I used to consider myself cheap or a low topper but after reading this thread and also becoming more mature I think my tips are more than good enough , my barber gets $5 on a $20 cut , delivery guys usually get around $3-$5 , valet get around $3 , def not tipping on carry out !! , and waiters /waitresses well that all depends on the service , decent regular and your getting double the tax , outstanding service gets you a great amount and terrible service / food , I may walk out without tipping or leave like a $1 or 2

So the anti-tipper's problem with tipping is the way they're paying for it? If meal prices in tipping restaurants went up 20% (the tip is added to the total price of the meal) would you pay it?

So the anti-tipper's problem with tipping is the way they're paying for it? If meal prices in tipping restaurants went up 20% (the tip is added to the total price of the meal) would you pay it?

I hate the awkwardness of their paycheck depending on me paying more than what’s on my bill. If my bill comes and it’s X.XX, I’m fine paying that obviously. I saw it on the menu and I’m obliging to pay that.

When I get to the end of my meal I’m reminded that I now have to put another $10-$20 on the check depending on the amount, or I face the awkward scrutiny of poor service when I come back again. Or someone being upset at me on the spot.

Raise the prices on your menu, give them decent pay that requires no tip, let them pay taxes on their paychecks like I do, and let me pay my receipt price.

I have to wonder what your kids took from this entire encounter?

That's a cornball move in my opinion. And they way you are trying to portray yourself in this thread makes me even more secure in my thoughts.

Cornballism
u used the words cornballism
to describe me
but im the cornball
giphy.gif

and i dont give 2 ***** about what u think bout me
cause 1. u aint paying my bills
and 2. i dont even know u enough to care
so go sit yo sucka self down somewhere

Personally I don’t like hidden surprises. I’ll tip decent service just off the strength of me knowing what I signed up for when going to eat at a sit down restaurant. But I’d prefer paying a bottom line total of $50 for a meal rather than getting a bill for $42 and tipping $8. I just don’t like hidden fees and surcharges and surprises. Just be transparent with the bottom line price and if I like it, I’ll pay.

I hate the awkwardness of their paycheck depending on me paying more than what’s on my bill. If my bill comes and it’s X.XX, I’m fine paying that obviously. I saw it on the menu and I’m obliging to pay that.

When I get to the end of my meal I’m reminded that I now have to put another $10-$20 on the check depending on the amount, or I face the awkward scrutiny of poor service when I come back again. Or someone being upset at me on the spot.

Raise the prices on your menu, give them decent pay that requires no tip, let them pay taxes on their paychecks like I do, and let me pay my receipt price.

Personally I don’t like hidden surprises. I’ll tip decent service just off the strength of me knowing what I signed up for when going to eat at a sit down restaurant. But I’d prefer paying a bottom line total of $50 for a meal rather than getting a bill for $42 and tipping $8. I just don’t like hidden fees and surcharges and surprises. Just be transparent with the bottom line price and if I like it, I’ll pay.

These are all very reasonable responses and confirm my prior suspicions........now I'm nawghtyhare nawghtyhare to answer

The employer should not be passing the cost to the consumer.
They can get that extra money from their profits.

You telling the restaurant to pick up where the consumer is currently widely accepting the payment, out of their own pocket, is IMO unrealistic. You’re lowering their profit margin and making them pay for something that so many people now are happy to pay.

In the case suggested, we’d still pay it but it wouldn’t be on us to decide / feel obligated or blindsided by.

Sometimes stuff isn't that deep. Some folks just don't want to spend the extra dollars to tip. Never understood why it bothers folks SO much . Yes, I tip but I only do it because it is a social norm, not becauseI think I should

Yeah I tip if the service is nice, it has to be terrible to get a no tip from me.

But I don’t do it because it’s a social norm. I do it because I enjoy good service when dining and if the service was worth it, I’ll tip.

Yeah I tip if the service is nice, it has to be terrible to get a no tip from me.

But I don’t do it because it’s a social norm. I do it because I enjoy good service when dining and if the service was worth it, I’ll tip.
But you know TO tip, because it IS a social norm.

Sure, it might have become habit (to tip for good service) but we all tip because it is a social norm. (There can be additional reasons as well).

But this idea that tipping makes you somewhat noble/humanitarian is pure BS

But you know TO tip, because it IS a social norm.

Sure, it might have become habit (to tip for good service) but we all tip because it is a social norm. (There can be additional reasons as well).

But this idea that tipping makes you somewhat noble/humanitarian is pure BS

Oh yeah **** all that.

I had a Waiter friend once tell me that tipping $1 says more than tipping nothing, for bad service.

I laughed as if terrible service would even get $1 out of my pocket.

You telling the restaurant to pick up where the consumer is currently widely accepting the payment, out of their own pocket, is IMO unrealistic. You’re lowering their profit margin and making them pay for something that so many people now are happy to pay.

In the case suggested, we’d still pay it but it wouldn’t be on us to decide / feel obligated or blindsided by.

Yes that is what i expect.
Which is why im team no tip

Back
Top Bottom