so I got laid off today

and honestly I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I mean it still got me feeling pretty bad about it but I know ill be ok. I'm only 19 and I havea bright future ahead of me. Bit when I think about all the people I work with that are middle to old aged and don't know anything else it makes me wannacry on some real #!+$. My moms has been at jc Penney since 93' her best friends there have been there for 25 years and so many other people there have beenwith the company for 10+ years and they were all DEVASTATED when we got the news this morning. It really hurt my soul to see all these people crying and souncertain about their futures man. It felt like somebody died today at work. They gave us 60 days notice but I know some of these people won't be able tofind anything in such a turrible economy

Things have got to get better y'all. It has to
smh.gif

/rant *searches for blog site*

yeah man, when I was 19 & working at Macy's, I didn't give a damn about being about anything, especially being fired. I'd be devastated if Ilost the job I had now though

My brother got laid off about a month or so ago...he wasn't really sweating it either, and had pretty much the same sort of saddness for other peoplerather then himself...he was telling me this lady that was about 55 got laid off the same time he was, she was with the company for about 15+ years and shedidn't really save any money in those years (learn from others mistakes....). I mean it isn't the end of the world for all the people, but being thatage and looking for a job full of new technology and younger people knowing just as much as you do if not more and making less money has got to be a scaryfeeling.

welcome to the club..hopefully unemployment won't fight you as much as they are me. Imma get my money though..i hope

Originally Posted by LB510

keep your head up your 19 and you will have a job in no time.
Its not that simple. I've been searching, actively, for 6 months now
smh.gif
I've hit every retail store in my city and a couple more stores aroundmy city.The damn economy has EVERYONE panicked.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by LB510

keep your head up your 19 and you will have a job in no time.
Its not that simple. I've been searching, actively, for 6 months now
smh.gif
The damn economy has EVERYONE panicked.

What sectors of employment have you been searching in?

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

and honestly I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I mean it still got me feeling pretty bad about it but I know ill be ok. I'm only 19 and I have a bright future ahead of me. Bit when I think about all the people I work with that are middle to old aged and don't know anything else it makes me wanna cry on some real #!+$. My moms has been at jc Penney since 93' her best friends there have been there for 25 years and so many other people there have been with the company for 10+ years and they were all DEVASTATED when we got the news this morning. It really hurt my soul to see all these people crying and so uncertain about their futures man. It felt like somebody died today at work. They gave us 60 days notice but I know some of these people won't be able to find anything in such a turrible economy

Things have got to get better y'all. It has to
smh.gif

/rant *searches for blog site*
In arden mall?

I feel your pain, i've been unemployed since November
frown.gif

It aint easy finding a job in sac..
eyes.gif

^nah I worked at the catalog department on fair oaks blvd. I was thinking about trying to get on in Arden mall though

my company have been doing mad layoff's... 73 people went 2 weeks ago and my boss had another list with him yesterday.... i dont know the head count rightnow... i am the bread winner for my family... and if i had to get unemployment that would not be enough.. 2 kids are expensive...

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

I am sorry to hear that man...I advise everyone to hug their money a bit tighter....I am...esp my taxes

Oh yeah I feel you on that bro. I got a lil money saved up and I still got 60 days left plus some unemployment so I'm not defeated yet...just gotta behella frugal lol

You should hit up Roseville Galleria, I'm sure that mall has more jobs open / availible. Everyone I know is tryna get a damn job at Arden.
laugh.gif

Wow! My homegirl just lost her job today too! Man it's real out here. Lucky your so young. But that is messed up man. I got laid off when I worked for MCIa few years ago....it's the worst feeling...but like you said it's hard to see the people that's been there before you were born get laid off.It's sad man. You will bounce back. I hope everyone does. It really sucks right now man. I'm sorry to hear that. Stay up my man!!!!

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

But being that age and looking for a job full of new technology and younger people knowing just as much as you do if not more and making less money has got to be a scary feeling.
That has got to the worst feeling ever. That's why buying a house is always a great idea even if your broke.

Back
Top Bottom