SO.....I have knee surgery this afternoon

didn't get surgery but almost. I stretched all my tendons,acl,mcl, dislocated kneecap and had a hairline fracture inside the knee. Didn't even have to do rehab for it. But whatever you do make sure you don't put any pressure on it for like 2 days. %+*# will hurt like hell.

Had a disc removed about 2 months and the worst part was definately the recovery..It was my 4th spine surgery and while I can't speak on knee surgery specifically, I can say that you should follow what your dr. say for recovery to the letter..People always try to do too much too soon and end up with more severe problems down the road..Good luck OP..

Good luck bro.

I had Shoulder surgery (laterjet) in September 1 last year.

The waiting period feels like forever...then they inject you with the anaesthisia, then in a couple of minutes, you're gone...the last thing i remember before knocking out was looking at the clock and it read 5:07

Woke up and i was disoriented, dazed, drowsy...felt like i been run over by a truck...they put me in my room, got to see my fam and my girl, then passed out again.

I had nights when the pain was damn near unbearable...endone was my best friend.

Rehab took about 6.5 months...dunno how long it is with ACLs but for a certain time period, i was rehabbing with a guy who did his ACL playing soccer. It's gonna be tough and sometimes, you feel like there are no gains...but you just gotta keep pushing and working. Eventually you'll get back.

Played my 1st official game back from surgery on March 23 this year...it'll take some time to get back your confidence and everything, but now, i feel like im back 100%
pimp.gif

If you have the right mindset and you have a good physiotherapist and follow the rehab regimen properly, you'll be alright bro. Just stay positive.

261441_762264783364_5005417_n.jpg

most painful thing ive ever been through. couldnt use my left arm for like 5 months. its been a year and just now i am able to do push-ups and bench presses again. Good luck. surgery is "easy" recovery and rehab is the hard part.

PM me if you need rehab tips... I was able to get back to the court a month faster than doctors anticipated (granted my game went from a Paul Pierce to a Brian Scalibrine)

Originally Posted by jdi23

I had surgery on my patella tendon like 2 months ago and the days after are def the worst part. Hope you recover fast.
I'm trying to avoid that surgery now when did you feel to the point where you could not avoid it also how's the recovery going and how long does it 
take more or less to fully recover.

Back
Top Bottom