So I'd Like to know. Who would crap their Pants if these came out? Honestly.

i was about to say they looked just like the under armor shoes...
but there is a person posted the pix~ lol

Im liking'em
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I Needs ta see anotha colorway...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Not sure if I'd crap my pants for a shoe, but if I had to choose...

it'd probably be these:

g01hy0.jpg

Those are so dope. Probably as light as Hyperdunks too. I still have the white ones.

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

Originally Posted by RockDeep

BUT if you think UA is using THIS thread or others I have started to spark conversation thats like saying Nike uses Niketalk ALONE to gauge interest in ALL of the buying public. not at all...lol You give me too much credit regardless of who I know or what meeting I have sat in or whatever...

I truely get bored sometimes and actually make topics that get responses good bad or indifferent. Obviously THIS ONE struck a nerve and thats good. Why? Cause you are responding. THATs what I want. Thought Provoking opinions.. not to go to UA and say .> "See.. 5 guys said you should go after Bron DO IT"

I nor anyone else worth their salt in Marketing can use a thread like this for a Focus study.

Its been quite entertaining... but not useful in terms of trying to obtain prudent and vital "Focus Group" info..lol
Two things:

1. "We give you too much credit" - Rock, we just go off of the image you perpetuate! You promote an image of yourself being an "insider" but then sometimes you pull off of it like in the highlighted text above. You've been a great source of info over the years and no one disputes that and everyone appreciates it, but don't try to say we build you up to be something you're not - you've built your own reputation, not us.

2. You misinterpreted what I said about Nike/UA reading this thread/board/NT in general. You yourself have said that Nike is aware of NT and looks in from time to time, and as such as they see the things that are posted here. I, and everyone else, know that they don't come here for a focus group, but it's just like in high school: regardless of what anyone says, EVERYONE wants to hear the latest rumor/gossip/innuendo and see what everyone else is saying about it. NT is a gold mine for that - not data driven or industry insightful information, but for the rumors, gossip, and chatter of what the passionate fanbase is saying.

I've seen MULTITUDES of message boards that get noticed by a wide variety of companies and while they don't have true "marketing" impact on decision making, it's abundantly clear that if something creates a buzz on the internet, it's going to come up in a meeting and might lead to further exploration if it continues to grow and be popular. That's all it is, not focus group stuff, but I bet you more than once a staff member has came into a meeting and said something like "Hey, I'm just throwing this out there, but the message boards really seem to want "Nike Air" on the back of the Jordan retros, have you guys seen that?" Sure, in that case nothing has come of it, but I bet it's gotten a mention, as well as a variety of other topics. While that's the limited extent of the usefulness of NT, it is still a (small) contribution nonetheless.

Thanks Elder
smile.gif

Hey Bro.. You are completely right. Ask anyone years ago I knew NT was a source...and a good one to get a feel.. just like I know NT is used to hype and pushproduct from those on Campus, BUT you will never hear many ADMIT they use NT as a Gauge... and never for in-line stuff.. just Energy stuff....

but I didn't want anyone to misinterpret my cause for starting threads as an agenda to gain information for use in a Boardroom. That was it.

I appreciate your opinions alot as well because you have actually given me much different perspective on several things... which comes to my point of i amNEVER locked into ABSOLUTES llike many folks are such as No one can do it better than Nike. This holds true in many things.. but NB Asics and others wouldrefute that in running.. and UA in training. I think they have good intent on Cleats but have a long way to go. I stopped playing full contact Football twoyears ago, but Id still only play flag in Nikes.. Ask Doci.. lol

Ask those I still request kicks from... I grew up on them and they are all I know... BUT I will wear test UA to see if they have improved and where they stillneed improvement. Some folks wouldnt. Same with Basketball.

Thats all... Open up your options is all I want people to see.. like points you made and Elder... good points... Open your mind to other points of view people. I do and am always a better person for it.

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

BUT if you think UA is using THIS thread or others I have started to spark conversation thats like saying Nike uses Niketalk ALONE to gauge interest in ALL of the buying public. not at all...lol You give me too much credit regardless of who I know or what meeting I have sat in or whatever...

I truely get bored sometimes and actually make topics that get responses good bad or indifferent. Obviously THIS ONE struck a nerve and thats good. Why? Cause you are responding. THATs what I want. Thought Provoking opinions.. not to go to UA and say .> "See.. 5 guys said you should go after Bron DO IT"

I nor anyone else worth their salt in Marketing can use a thread like this for a Focus study.

Its been quite entertaining... but not useful in terms of trying to obtain prudent and vital "Focus Group" info..lol
Two things:

1. "We give you too much credit" - Rock, we just go off of the image you perpetuate! You promote an image of yourself being an "insider" but then sometimes you pull off of it like in the highlighted text above. You've been a great source of info over the years and no one disputes that and everyone appreciates it, but don't try to say we build you up to be something you're not - you've built your own reputation, not us.

2. You misinterpreted what I said about Nike/UA reading this thread/board/NT in general. You yourself have said that Nike is aware of NT and looks in from time to time, and as such as they see the things that are posted here. I, and everyone else, know that they don't come here for a focus group, but it's just like in high school: regardless of what anyone says, EVERYONE wants to hear the latest rumor/gossip/innuendo and see what everyone else is saying about it. NT is a gold mine for that - not data driven or industry insightful information, but for the rumors, gossip, and chatter of what the passionate fanbase is saying.

I've seen MULTITUDES of message boards that get noticed by a wide variety of companies and while they don't have true "marketing" impact on decision making, it's abundantly clear that if something creates a buzz on the internet, it's going to come up in a meeting and might lead to further exploration if it continues to grow and be popular. That's all it is, not focus group stuff, but I bet you more than once a staff member has came into a meeting and said something like "Hey, I'm just throwing this out there, but the message boards really seem to want "Nike Air" on the back of the Jordan retros, have you guys seen that?" Sure, in that case nothing has come of it, but I bet it's gotten a mention, as well as a variety of other topics. While that's the limited extent of the usefulness of NT, it is still a (small) contribution nonetheless.

Thanks Elder
smile.gif

Hey Bro.. You are completely right. Ask anyone years ago I knew NT was a source...and a good one to get a feel.. just like I know NT is used to hype and push product from those on Campus, BUT you will never hear many ADMIT they use NT as a Gauge... and never for in-line stuff.. just Energy stuff....

but I didn't want anyone to misinterpret my cause for starting threads as an agenda to gain information for use in a Boardroom. That was it.

I appreciate your opinions alot as well because you have actually given me much different perspective on several things... which comes to my point of i am NEVER locked into ABSOLUTES llike many folks are such as No one can do it better than Nike. This holds true in many things.. but NB Asics and others would refute that in running.. and UA in training. I think they have good intent on Cleats but have a long way to go. I stopped playing full contact Football two years ago, but Id still only play flag in Nikes.. Ask Doci.. lol

Ask those I still request kicks from... I grew up on them and they are all I know... BUT I will wear test UA to see if they have improved and where they still need improvement. Some folks wouldnt. Same with Basketball.

Thats all... Open up your options is all I want people to see.. like points you made and Elder... good points... Open your mind to other points of view people. I do and am always a better person for it.
Ah, I'm with you. Right, I think you see where I'm coming from on the in-line vs. energy issue and I think I see where you're comingfrom on the Boardroom agenda issue. I think I threw the "agenda" term out there first, and I didn't mean it as fuel for the brainstorming fire,but more along the lines of what was established in the other thread; sort of seeing if you were trying to "lead the witnesses" (how's that fordual meaning) in terms of a certain viewpoint on this specific Nike/Lebron/UA issue.

Sometimes the semantics get lost here on the internet with no voice inflection, but I think I feel where you're coming from overall. I just take a more"business" approach to the topic because I'm not as emotionally attached to the issue as I feel you and a lot of the other posters in here are,as evidenced by the responses that focus on the aesthetics and performance aspects of the actual product.

From a performance and aesthetics perspective, the debate is a LOT more intriguing than from the business perspective - through that lens it's a lot colderoutlook for UA overall, in my opinion.

But yes, bottom line, NT is the "dirty little secret"; it doesn't come up at parties, but everyone in Beaverton knows it exists and plays a role
wink.gif

these are
smokin.gif
but that UA logo kills it. So does that 'young money' and 'bron bron' SMH. I'll take ghetto nicknames for 100 Alex, lol!

first impression:

cheap looking, like a 50-60 dollar shoe AT MOST

midsole looks like a poor attempt to seem 'advanced'

Very Nice Kick.... Instead of throwing that huge UA on it how about designing a new symbol for lebron and sticking a small UA on it or not one at all??? Just athought.

Hot Garbage ... plain and simple ... not feeling these jokers ... not even feeling the brand ... they should have stayed in their lane ... UA speaks toperformance under garments for sport ... not kicks ... sorry UA ... this is as bad as New Balance (and for the record the NB 785 looking joints only got lovebecause of James Worthy
smokin.gif
) trying to make a performance b-ball shoe ...EPIC FAIL UA!

Them things don't look like no sig sneaks. They look like them Tony Parker sneaks which is cool for him but as for sigs no way.

ok i had to read this whole post before i could chip in my $.02.

Rock's sheep comment is duly noted. There are some out there that would only buy what everyone else is buying. How often do we see it on here. We all see ashoe coming out give it the big stone face, next thing you know everyone is on it like gold. People can absolutely be sheep.

All in all that sneaker is not that bad. UA, Nike, whatever. If bron went to UA I'd check out his stuff to see if I like it. Have I always preferred Nikestuff yes. MY gf is sick of all lthe orange and black boxes. She can vouch for this better than anyone. But am I too narrow minded to try something else. NO.It's always been my way of thought that there are people out there that can do something better than you, whether its work or a product. Someone somewherehas got you beat.

Someone said they haven't seen anyone wearing UA shoes casually. I've seen a ton of them at my store. Whether they liked em enough to buy another pairor not I can't say. But they have been bought to begin with.

All said and done I'm a Lebron fan. I don't really care what shoes he wears. I buy his nikes because I like the look, fit, and feel. Would I tryanother brand to see if i like them just as well. Sure would. Doesn't make me any less a fan, just a intersted consumer. If I don't like them Idon't have to buy them anymore.

Thanks Cj..lol

Everyone I see didn't take the Sheep comment so personally...lol

TOWEH.. you can't speak unbiasly on this subject you Bamma!! lol

If UA hired you and you were back home....you'd speak to the Ultimate potential of the Brand and how it will be profitable for years to come!!! lololol

I hate Under Armour, they put a curse on my school Maryland.

The only reason I wear their tactical line is because it meets are rules and regs for department uniforms.

I hate the ******** too.

Thats why I LOVE this

http://www.espnnewstoday.com

Back
Top Bottom