So i'm going to have SURGERY - Gallstones/Gallbladder Removal

My dad had his removed about 7 years ago (he had the laparoscopic as well). One morning as he was getting ready from work he basically was in the worst pain ofhis life & called 911. I don't think he was drugged up all that much (because damn it, he remembered report cards were coming out that week). When hecame back home, he didn't seem like he was in that much pain. In fact, about a week or 2 later his mom died & he drove 8 hours for the funeral - Idon't remember him complaining about the pain during the car ride.

His scars look like bullet wounds though & he still eats junk food. Drinks a lot of water though. Anyway, good luck - you'll be fine!

Originally Posted by oh come on 120

Wow thanks for all the support you guys...

Yeah i know it's suppose to be a 'simple' surgery and all... i guess it's just any time somebody is going to take part of your body out for good, you get a little nervous
laugh.gif

Hellz yes i'll make an update when this is over with... and since it's NT, i'll try and get pics!

Just don't go as low on the pics as the illustration.
tongue.gif

By saying it was simple, I wasn't trying to trivialize the surgery. I just meant that it's commonly done. Surgery always involves some risk,discomfort, and pain.... Since it involves your GI tract, it'll take a few days or weeks for your body to fully acclimate, but the pain post-op will beless than the pain you've already had.

Originally Posted by oh come on 120

Wow thanks for all the support you guys...

Yeah i know it's suppose to be a 'simple' surgery and all... i guess it's just any time somebody is going to take part of your body out for good, you get a little nervous
laugh.gif

I'm surprised to see other here have had it done, too! Econman, thanks man that makes me feel better knowning what a quick recovery you had... hopefully i get those same results.. and j2o, that sucks you had Gallstone AND Kidney stones... someone up above must really not like you
laugh.gif
JP! But great to hear you've had no side effects or complications as well (besides the stinky farts)... and everyone else who mentioned their family members, thanks.
Anyways, good luck and make sure to update us afterwards!
Hellz yes i'll make an update when this is over with... and since it's NT, i'll try and get pics! But hey Killers of Comedy Jan 5, early show or late show?

Late show - that'll give us time to hit up the bar first.
smokin.gif

My girl had this done earlier this year. It took her a little about a month or 2 to recover, but she's real sensitive to pain, and has had many surgeriesthroughout the years. She couldn't drive for like a week or 2.

It is a pretty minor surgery tho. The had to cut into her a little bit more than usual because of scar tissue.

She's been a lot better with it taken out tho. We really don't have any use for a gallbladder.

My mother had her gallbladder when I was like 7 years old...brings back very bad memories, remember my mom collapsing in pain at my house and me having to call911 scared as hell, and that was right when I first got to start living with her...she wound up having to go back in too for something because of a mishap Idont remember. She was in the hospital for a good while.

she now has a huge scar around her stomach (the nurse made a comment saying "well, you know there is no more beach for you" or somethingdisrespectful to that nature...if I wasnt 7 I woulda caught charges for that one)...

hope you make it through w/o problems

Back
Top Bottom