So I'm planning a trip to San Diego and would like some help.

At Mission Beach, if you are on the the street that is to the right of the roller coaster, i believe there's this pizza joint that has Huge-A** slices

^im not 21 so i dont know for sure, but from what i've heard, the gaslamp district (downtown) is pretty legit

^im not 21 so i dont know for sure, but from what i've heard, the gaslamp district (downtown) is pretty legit

laugh.gif
at imperial beach. I dont consider that a beach anymore haha. But all of the above post are good. Sunset cliffs if anyone forgot to mention that.

laugh.gif
at imperial beach. I dont consider that a beach anymore haha. But all of the above post are good. Sunset cliffs if anyone forgot to mention that.

there is a water park down here as well called knotts soaked city its pretty fun place,,

but evryone already said what has to be said,, walk around gaslamp and walk around seaport village

there is a water park down here as well called knotts soaked city its pretty fun place,,

but evryone already said what has to be said,, walk around gaslamp and walk around seaport village

Im on the way back home from san diego today. Didnt get to do alot cause i was at a fam reunion but...some things I did that have been mentioned.

hella went to the beach. mission valley beach was dope! also had that belmont park next to it with the roller coaster in front. and there are some cool shops around it too. I went to old town that was kinda weak but we wasnt there long so there might have been more to do there.i also went to mission vallay mall and fashion valley mall. oh and we took the trolly to the border outlet mall. its dope cause its right by Mexico and you can see the borderline and everything to Mexico.

Im on the way back home from san diego today. Didnt get to do alot cause i was at a fam reunion but...some things I did that have been mentioned.

hella went to the beach. mission valley beach was dope! also had that belmont park next to it with the roller coaster in front. and there are some cool shops around it too. I went to old town that was kinda weak but we wasnt there long so there might have been more to do there.i also went to mission vallay mall and fashion valley mall. oh and we took the trolly to the border outlet mall. its dope cause its right by Mexico and you can see the borderline and everything to Mexico.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Family trip to Cali this las spring break. Went to SD for a day. Checked out the beach near out hotel, went to the SD Zoo- Wild Animal Park (not the zoo) and experienced the epic Flower Fields.

I can't tell if you're joking about the Flower Fields. They're right by my house and have always seemed like the biggest joke of a tourist attraction to me.

Family trip to Cali this las spring break. Went to SD for a day. Checked out the beach near out hotel, went to the SD Zoo- Wild Animal Park (not the zoo) and experienced the epic Flower Fields.

I can't tell if you're joking about the Flower Fields. They're right by my house and have always seemed like the biggest joke of a tourist attraction to me.

Try and make a trip out to Coronado Island.
You can do some shopping, walk around, and look at the beautiful homes you'll never be able to afford.
laugh.gif

And hit up Hash House for breakfast/brunch. Just be prepared to wait.

Try and make a trip out to Coronado Island.
You can do some shopping, walk around, and look at the beautiful homes you'll never be able to afford.
laugh.gif

And hit up Hash House for breakfast/brunch. Just be prepared to wait.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I mean I'm from Chicago. I've never seen anything like that. True, when my mom told me where we were going I wasn't overjoyed but it ended up being kind of cool. They put a lot of work into that and the pictures we took came out amazing. It's not a bad way to spend an hour or two. Again, it was a family trip.

I mean I'm from Chicago. I've never seen anything like that. True, when my mom told me where we were going I wasn't overjoyed but it ended up being kind of cool. They put a lot of work into that and the pictures we took came out amazing. It's not a bad way to spend an hour or two. Again, it was a family trip.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

what about for the 21 and over? which spots do you guys recommend?

Downtown San Diego/Gaslamp
Most of these clubs gets pretty packed and the crowd can depend on which club promoter is throwing the event. 
 - On Broadway
 - Hard Rock Hotel (207)
 - Stingaree
 - The Ivy Hotel (Envy)
 - Yard House
 - Sin Nightclub
 -  Altitude Lounge (No cover)
 - Cafe Sevillas
 - The Side Bar
 - Sway

Old town
 - Bar Dynamite (Good music - hip hop, old school, underground - and cheap drinks)

Pacific Beach (PB)/Mission Bay
 - Just take a walk down Garnett Ave.  There are a bunch of local/dive bars here.
 - Lots of girls, cheaper drinks compared to downtown, No cover and you down have to get all dressed up.  You can show up in shorts and flip flops.

North Park
Same thing with PB.  Avoid the gay bars...though.  Unless you're in to that thing.
 - U31
 - True North
 - The Office

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

what about for the 21 and over? which spots do you guys recommend?

Downtown San Diego/Gaslamp
Most of these clubs gets pretty packed and the crowd can depend on which club promoter is throwing the event. 
 - On Broadway
 - Hard Rock Hotel (207)
 - Stingaree
 - The Ivy Hotel (Envy)
 - Yard House
 - Sin Nightclub
 -  Altitude Lounge (No cover)
 - Cafe Sevillas
 - The Side Bar
 - Sway

Old town
 - Bar Dynamite (Good music - hip hop, old school, underground - and cheap drinks)

Pacific Beach (PB)/Mission Bay
 - Just take a walk down Garnett Ave.  There are a bunch of local/dive bars here.
 - Lots of girls, cheaper drinks compared to downtown, No cover and you down have to get all dressed up.  You can show up in shorts and flip flops.

North Park
Same thing with PB.  Avoid the gay bars...though.  Unless you're in to that thing.
 - U31
 - True North
 - The Office

Originally Posted by acidicality

Best beach: Black's Beach is pretty good, it's a naked beach too

Places to eat:
Phil's BBQ (you're gonna have to wait, but it's WELL worth it. hands down the best ribs i've ever had)
Lolita's Taco Shop (great carne asada fries and California burrito, not too expensive...those are must tries as it's a San Diego thing)
phil's bbq is good.......don't get me wrong i eat there a lot, bbq broham is my joint

but this is just >$10 food, hardly sd's best.

just sayin. try downtown or the gaslamp if you want higher end food......or hit up mille fluers in rancho santa fe if you wanna do it up 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you want to go the cheap food route phil's is good but bbq isnt really an sd thing so as a tourist try something else,  hodad's is good, on newport in PB. original bacon cheeseburger and it's delicious....just get it to go and eat it by the beach since the wait for a table is too long

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

AtMission Beach, if you are on the the street that is to the right of theroller coaster, i believe there's this pizza joint that has Huge-A**slices

luigi's........that pizza is god-awful though. only go if youre drunk or want to be, its got a lot of good beer there too. and a bunch of tv's all tuned to diff sports etc.

most of the main clubs etc. have been named just make sure you check out PB as well....garnet like someone mentioned, and really anywhere during the day, PB is a whole different scene than most of SD it's def a place you gotta spend a little time in

also if you surf....black's is a graeat surf spot in SD, not just a topless beach

Originally Posted by acidicality

Best beach: Black's Beach is pretty good, it's a naked beach too

Places to eat:
Phil's BBQ (you're gonna have to wait, but it's WELL worth it. hands down the best ribs i've ever had)
Lolita's Taco Shop (great carne asada fries and California burrito, not too expensive...those are must tries as it's a San Diego thing)
phil's bbq is good.......don't get me wrong i eat there a lot, bbq broham is my joint

but this is just >$10 food, hardly sd's best.

just sayin. try downtown or the gaslamp if you want higher end food......or hit up mille fluers in rancho santa fe if you wanna do it up 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you want to go the cheap food route phil's is good but bbq isnt really an sd thing so as a tourist try something else,  hodad's is good, on newport in PB. original bacon cheeseburger and it's delicious....just get it to go and eat it by the beach since the wait for a table is too long

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

AtMission Beach, if you are on the the street that is to the right of theroller coaster, i believe there's this pizza joint that has Huge-A**slices

luigi's........that pizza is god-awful though. only go if youre drunk or want to be, its got a lot of good beer there too. and a bunch of tv's all tuned to diff sports etc.

most of the main clubs etc. have been named just make sure you check out PB as well....garnet like someone mentioned, and really anywhere during the day, PB is a whole different scene than most of SD it's def a place you gotta spend a little time in

also if you surf....black's is a graeat surf spot in SD, not just a topless beach

I never thought of it from that perspective. It's always just been down the street, and 80% of the year it's just a huge dirt hill. I know I have a bunch of home videos set there from when I was younger, I might have to dig those up.

I never thought of it from that perspective. It's always just been down the street, and 80% of the year it's just a huge dirt hill. I know I have a bunch of home videos set there from when I was younger, I might have to dig those up.

Back
Top Bottom