So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

For people saying it's not a dream how do you explain the kids not aging or changing clothes?

For people saying it's not a dream how do you explain the kids not aging or changing clothes?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Question for those who followed the movie closer than me.

Spoiler [+]
Why is it that in Fisher's dream, Leo's wife shows up? I thought only Fisher's subconscious could be in Fisher's dreams.

Also, Why do Leo's last two movies have the EXACT same subplot.

subconciously she (mal) knows everything leo knows which is why adriedne never told him any of the dream layouts, it wasnt until she told him about the heating duct or whatever it was that mal showed up

they all share the dream, any of their subconscious figures can show up in the dream, the only thin special about the dreamer is that they architect the world

mal even showed up when adriedne architected the bridge earlier in the film

I realize they all shared the dream, but I thought the person who's idea you're trying to extract could only have their subconscious present.

any of them can have their subconscious present, its the whole idea ofa subconscious, generating projections without even thinking about it

thereason you see the "victim's" subconscious all the time is because theydont know theyre dreaming, so theyre subconscious is what makes thedream feel real by generating familiar projections, note the idea of itfeeling real

all the while everyone else except leo knows thattheyre dreaming at all times, they know because they dont recognize anyspecifics, only generalities, if they were to recognize specificdetails in the world it would begin to feel real, on top of that theyhave no subconscious thoughts about what goes on within theirdreamworld unlike leo who has this subconscious thought that mal willalways be there with him in familiar locations

the problemwith leo is that mal shows up every time the dream begins to feel real- the bridge, all those rooms connected to the elevator that he himselfarchitect-ed, the safe entrance in level 3, its the little details thatmake the dream feel real to leo and once it begins to feel real - hebegins to subconsciously generate generate familiar projections inorder to keep it feeling real

dont forget that when adriednefirst architect-ed the bridge to her school, there was no victim andleo's subconscious still showed up

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Question for those who followed the movie closer than me.

Spoiler [+]
Why is it that in Fisher's dream, Leo's wife shows up? I thought only Fisher's subconscious could be in Fisher's dreams.

Also, Why do Leo's last two movies have the EXACT same subplot.

subconciously she (mal) knows everything leo knows which is why adriedne never told him any of the dream layouts, it wasnt until she told him about the heating duct or whatever it was that mal showed up

they all share the dream, any of their subconscious figures can show up in the dream, the only thin special about the dreamer is that they architect the world

mal even showed up when adriedne architected the bridge earlier in the film

I realize they all shared the dream, but I thought the person who's idea you're trying to extract could only have their subconscious present.

any of them can have their subconscious present, its the whole idea ofa subconscious, generating projections without even thinking about it

thereason you see the "victim's" subconscious all the time is because theydont know theyre dreaming, so theyre subconscious is what makes thedream feel real by generating familiar projections, note the idea of itfeeling real

all the while everyone else except leo knows thattheyre dreaming at all times, they know because they dont recognize anyspecifics, only generalities, if they were to recognize specificdetails in the world it would begin to feel real, on top of that theyhave no subconscious thoughts about what goes on within theirdreamworld unlike leo who has this subconscious thought that mal willalways be there with him in familiar locations

the problemwith leo is that mal shows up every time the dream begins to feel real- the bridge, all those rooms connected to the elevator that he himselfarchitect-ed, the safe entrance in level 3, its the little details thatmake the dream feel real to leo and once it begins to feel real - hebegins to subconsciously generate generate familiar projections inorder to keep it feeling real

dont forget that when adriednefirst architect-ed the bridge to her school, there was no victim andleo's subconscious still showed up

AG 47 wrote:

We learn that's not the case when Ellen Page alters Leo's dream using her memories, the first time he shows her the dream world.
We also see it again when the train runs down the middle of the street. That's Leo's projection as well, but it wasn't his dream(Unless you subscribe to the theory that the whole movie is his dream).

AG 47 wrote:

We learn that's not the case when Ellen Page alters Leo's dream using her memories, the first time he shows her the dream world.
We also see it again when the train runs down the middle of the street. That's Leo's projection as well, but it wasn't his dream(Unless you subscribe to the theory that the whole movie is his dream).

Originally Posted by JN115

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Dont know if this was asked already or not but,

Why werent they floating/getting tossed around in the third stage, whenever in the second stage, everything was getting tossed around/floating, whenever in the first stage, the car was swerving and tumbling down the hill.

I think once they missed the first kick it just made the second level zero gravity right? So they weren't moving around much at all then.
Or it could of just been one of the few holes in the script actually. Because that third child still doesn't make any sense to me, unless Cobb really was that tweaked out
They were so close to being awaken it caused the dream to collapse/floating
I think the van was falling that's why there seems to be no gravity in the hotel, kinda like when water splashed in Cobb's face in the van all of a sudden it started raining pretty hard in the hotel scene

NO. there is zero gravity in free fall which is why when the van is falling from the bridge in the first level of the dream it looks like they are floating in space in the second level. 
the movie was eh

Originally Posted by JN115

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Dont know if this was asked already or not but,

Why werent they floating/getting tossed around in the third stage, whenever in the second stage, everything was getting tossed around/floating, whenever in the first stage, the car was swerving and tumbling down the hill.

I think once they missed the first kick it just made the second level zero gravity right? So they weren't moving around much at all then.
Or it could of just been one of the few holes in the script actually. Because that third child still doesn't make any sense to me, unless Cobb really was that tweaked out
They were so close to being awaken it caused the dream to collapse/floating
I think the van was falling that's why there seems to be no gravity in the hotel, kinda like when water splashed in Cobb's face in the van all of a sudden it started raining pretty hard in the hotel scene

NO. there is zero gravity in free fall which is why when the van is falling from the bridge in the first level of the dream it looks like they are floating in space in the second level. 
the movie was eh

What i dont get is how after juno kills herself in limbo and Leo stays so he can save saito. How does he end up unconscious on the shore?

and why is saito an old man and leo isnt? is it because he died on level 3 of the dream a few minutes before leo and juno went to limbo so therefore he aged like 40 years?
also, what the !!%# ? they make the movie complex enough they don't need to have even more complex names. mal, cobb, adriande or whatever, eames, saito. really? most of the population is stupid enough as it is. but i digress.

What i dont get is how after juno kills herself in limbo and Leo stays so he can save saito. How does he end up unconscious on the shore?

and why is saito an old man and leo isnt? is it because he died on level 3 of the dream a few minutes before leo and juno went to limbo so therefore he aged like 40 years?
also, what the !!%# ? they make the movie complex enough they don't need to have even more complex names. mal, cobb, adriande or whatever, eames, saito. really? most of the population is stupid enough as it is. but i digress.

Originally Posted by parada45

the kid's didn't age because you're never told how long he's away from them.  for all you know it was a few months to a year.  it was probably less time than more because the kids are clearly young and still wondering when their dad is coming home.

Nolan mind *%%@$ us about this point by having the older daughters voice sound VERY old at some point and then making sure the kids are wearing the sme clothes every time we see them.

While the voice is indeed him screwing with us and something that is somewhat of an "inception" on the movie watcher, it's left to you to resolve that as an important point or just a nonfactor meant to mess with our heads.

The clothes are unimportant and a plot device used to further cause doubt in the viewer but really not something that should be dwelt on.  If you want you can say that they wear the same clothes every time because he's building their projections from memory, but it's also important to note that he says he can't see their faces because he never sees their faces in the real moment but at the end he does see their faces - they turn and look at him.

What they just so happen to be wearing is unimportant.  Every little kid has a favorite outfit that they wear more than others.  I'm sure you even know bummy adult dudes that wear the same clothes every time you see them. 

That said, are you SURE they're wearing the same clothes? Are you certain that if you compared the scenes frame by frame they'd be wearing identical clothing?  Even if you did and can, what they're wearing can be resolved as a coincidence and not something to be dwelt on. 

After all Leo pauses when he sees them until they turn around and this is enough proof for him that they at least do not appear to be a projection.

Originally Posted by parada45

the kid's didn't age because you're never told how long he's away from them.  for all you know it was a few months to a year.  it was probably less time than more because the kids are clearly young and still wondering when their dad is coming home.

Nolan mind *%%@$ us about this point by having the older daughters voice sound VERY old at some point and then making sure the kids are wearing the sme clothes every time we see them.

While the voice is indeed him screwing with us and something that is somewhat of an "inception" on the movie watcher, it's left to you to resolve that as an important point or just a nonfactor meant to mess with our heads.

The clothes are unimportant and a plot device used to further cause doubt in the viewer but really not something that should be dwelt on.  If you want you can say that they wear the same clothes every time because he's building their projections from memory, but it's also important to note that he says he can't see their faces because he never sees their faces in the real moment but at the end he does see their faces - they turn and look at him.

What they just so happen to be wearing is unimportant.  Every little kid has a favorite outfit that they wear more than others.  I'm sure you even know bummy adult dudes that wear the same clothes every time you see them. 

That said, are you SURE they're wearing the same clothes? Are you certain that if you compared the scenes frame by frame they'd be wearing identical clothing?  Even if you did and can, what they're wearing can be resolved as a coincidence and not something to be dwelt on. 

After all Leo pauses when he sees them until they turn around and this is enough proof for him that they at least do not appear to be a projection.

I'm glad I learned about the wedding ring thing. Every single point in the movie where Leo is dreaming, he has his wedding ring on. And every single point when it is supposed to be the real world, he has no wedding ring on.

I'm glad I learned about the wedding ring thing. Every single point in the movie where Leo is dreaming, he has his wedding ring on. And every single point when it is supposed to be the real world, he has no wedding ring on.

another question when cobb and mal were on the ledges and she was saying something i didnt quite catch... i found the letter to lawyer about how... something? help

another question when cobb and mal were on the ledges and she was saying something i didnt quite catch... i found the letter to lawyer about how... something? help

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

she was talking about how she left their lawyer a letter/will saying how she feared for her and her kids safety around cobb. so if/when she killed her self cobb would be the one to blame. so she thought she could lure him into also killing himself.

she was talking about how she left their lawyer a letter/will saying how she feared for her and her kids safety around cobb. so if/when she killed her self cobb would be the one to blame. so she thought she could lure him into also killing himself.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

never noticed that. does he have the wedding ring on during the final scene?

never noticed that. does he have the wedding ring on during the final scene?

just got back. 6 bucks on tuesdays and the theater was packed. thing is always empty but not tonight

the guy i was with saw it for the 3rd time and this was my first. i think im gonna have to see it again
eek.gif
pimp.gif

just got back. 6 bucks on tuesdays and the theater was packed. thing is always empty but not tonight

the guy i was with saw it for the 3rd time and this was my first. i think im gonna have to see it again
eek.gif
pimp.gif

We're supposed to understand that Leo woke up from the kick in limbo (though we never really see it happen) and rode at least that ONE kick with them, we don't know what level he dies on, but we're meant to understand he left limbo with Ariadne then died again.  We know for a fact that he drowns in the van, but since we never see him wake there we're to believe he dies on one of the levels below it, but not limbo since he returns to the starting point -- the shore.

Saito is an old @#@ man because he died several minutes before Leo or anyone else went there to join him.  He'd been waiting for what must have been the equivalent of 60+ years to him.

Some of the names are annoying (I hated Mal's name) but I believe some were chosen for their significance in mythology/literature/dream science i.e. Ariadne

I'm not sure what the exchange about the lawyer letter was, I guess I missed it? *EDIT* Ohhhh you mean when she kills herself.  She left her lawyer a letter saying Leo had threatened hers and her kids' life so when she died he'd be blamed for it and they'd take the kids.  She was trying to convince him to kill her.

not sure if this is true because i'm pretty sure there's a scene early on in the film when he's "awake" and he has the ring on. i'd also need to look at his hand in every confirmed dream sequence.

i'd have to watch the whole movie over, but i'm not sure if this is true...

We're supposed to understand that Leo woke up from the kick in limbo (though we never really see it happen) and rode at least that ONE kick with them, we don't know what level he dies on, but we're meant to understand he left limbo with Ariadne then died again.  We know for a fact that he drowns in the van, but since we never see him wake there we're to believe he dies on one of the levels below it, but not limbo since he returns to the starting point -- the shore.

Saito is an old @#@ man because he died several minutes before Leo or anyone else went there to join him.  He'd been waiting for what must have been the equivalent of 60+ years to him.

Some of the names are annoying (I hated Mal's name) but I believe some were chosen for their significance in mythology/literature/dream science i.e. Ariadne

I'm not sure what the exchange about the lawyer letter was, I guess I missed it? *EDIT* Ohhhh you mean when she kills herself.  She left her lawyer a letter saying Leo had threatened hers and her kids' life so when she died he'd be blamed for it and they'd take the kids.  She was trying to convince him to kill her.

not sure if this is true because i'm pretty sure there's a scene early on in the film when he's "awake" and he has the ring on. i'd also need to look at his hand in every confirmed dream sequence.

i'd have to watch the whole movie over, but i'm not sure if this is true...

Inception was Epic!

My theory on it was maybe inception was done on Cobb into thinking that his world was real?

and the most important part was the end... the top spinning was amisdirection: you were too busy paying attention to the top to realizethat Cobb wasn't paying attention to it, for the first time. hedoesn't care anymore. he is happy. the whole thing was masterfulinception to help Cobb overcome his guilt.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom