So Intelligent NTers, Y'all Wanna help me with my homework...............Vol_Calculus Project

For my project, I decided to do "How does age affect the playing performances of NBA players?"

All I could think of so far are: slower reaction time, their bones get weaker, and that they get tired faster. I have to incorporate all of these into mathematical pieces.

Help me think of some more, please.

Thanks NT.
smile.gif

For my project, I decided to do "How does age affect the playing performances of NBA players?"

All I could think of so far are: slower reaction time, their bones get weaker, and that they get tired faster. I have to incorporate all of these into mathematical pieces.

Help me think of some more, please.

Thanks NT.
smile.gif

make a chart of NBA players by age (x-axis) and performance (yaxis-ppg, rebounds) in excel....plot copy equation.

make a chart of NBA players by age (x-axis) and performance (yaxis-ppg, rebounds) in excel....plot copy equation.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

yep, seems straightforward.

OP, not sure how your topic applies to calculus though?

Make sure you mention about hairline - The worse their hairline gets the worse they perform on court.

Make sure you mention about hairline - The worse their hairline gets the worse they perform on court.

Originally Posted by loendradio

It's an internal assessment that my school requires. I choose a topic to research about and use different mathematical processes/skills in it. I don't necessarily have to use calculus.

Originally Posted by loendradio

It's an internal assessment that my school requires. I choose a topic to research about and use different mathematical processes/skills in it. I don't necessarily have to use calculus.

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

running a regression would seem like the best idea

this seems like the only sensible thing you can do...just think of all of the variables that would be correlated with age such as minutes played per game, # of injuries and those correlated with performance which constitutes all of the stats you'll find at nba.com

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

running a regression would seem like the best idea

this seems like the only sensible thing you can do...just think of all of the variables that would be correlated with age such as minutes played per game, # of injuries and those correlated with performance which constitutes all of the stats you'll find at nba.com

And then you can correlate the stats depending on whether they are just in the league, in their peaks, or on their way out and see how much of a % difference it is on average. Seems simple enough to me.

And then you can correlate the stats depending on whether they are just in the league, in their peaks, or on their way out and see how much of a % difference it is on average. Seems simple enough to me.

Back
Top Bottom