So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

Certain boutiques will never loose, such as KITH, RSVP, CONCEPT, and etc. But im very certain alot of mom and pops will be deaded by 2020. Amazon is going to flourish.

Certain boutiques will never loose, such as KITH, RSVP, CONCEPT, and etc. But im very certain alot of mom and pops will be deaded by 2020. Amazon is going to flourish.

Yeah, this actually makes sense because instead of most retros sitting and being sent back to Nike, Nike can send them directly to outlets.

Yup, a great plan by nike. Cut most of the excess fat, and work with companies that have clout.

The only thing is that Nike is going to inherently lose the small “sneaker shop” culture that resonated with the brand for so long. Releases like SB Dunks grew in popularity through skate shops and AF 1s with urban sneaker stores. I suppose that with retail in general hurting, maybe this is a good move but the sneaker culture aspect of seeing shoes on shelves and lining up for releases kind of gets lost if everything, besides big retail store releases, is moved online.

Limited and overall growth don’t go hand and hand. With them(Nike) trying to reach 50 billion in revenue, limiting product does not help that cause. Not many are willing to pay absurd retail prices for most retros these days or resell on the dumb limited joints that they do release. The market is saturated with to many fakes and opportunists trying to come up, it’s too much of gamble going the resell route with limited Jordan’s(or anything else for that matter).

Limited and overall growth don’t go hand and hand. With them(Nike) trying to reach 50 billion in revenue, limiting product does not help that cause. Not many are willing to pay absurd retail prices for most retros these days or resell on the dumb limited joints that they do release. The market is saturated with to many fakes and opportunists trying to come up, it’s too much of gamble going the resell route with limited Jordan’s(or anything else for that matter).

What I don’t understand is that people aren’t going to buy $190 shoes every weekend just because they’re limited. If there was more thought and effort put into EVERY release, retros would be selling out. The flip side is that you can’t really do this with 1 release every week.

What I don’t understand is that people aren’t going to buy $190 shoes every weekend just because they’re limited. If there was more thought and effort put into EVERY release, retros would be selling out. The flip side is that you can’t really do this with 1 release every week.

I think the fact they had so much drop, so often is what hurt them the most. After Space Jams last year, it was about every single week some retro was coming out, not to mention the 31s coming out the exact same week as a retro. It was like they were intentionally trying to flood the market and thinking that people were going to drop $185 - $220 every week or every other. They put consumers in a position where they had to pick and choose what they wanted/could afford. People prioritized and got what they wanted most and let the rest sit. Interesting if "limited" is going to mean less releases or less quantity of each release.

I've certainly bought sneakers I knew were limited to avoid paying resell but I'm a niche example.

I think Nike needs to do a better job at spacing releases. Adidas may drop 7 new NMDs on one day but that usually means they're ONLY dropping NMDs that day. Nike will sometimes have 3-4 different models in a variety of colorways all dropping on a single day and now you're picking and choosing.

I don't expect them to shift to a super limited model next year--their goal is still to sell the most shoes--but they will slow up and space out the releases, for sure.

i hope that the new plan from JB making shoes limited again backfires, that will teach them money hungry fools at JB a good lesson, i am totally oke with how the situation was this year with shoes like AJ4 MS and AJ4 blue cement sitting on shelves collecting dust and then cop them with 25-35% discount 3-5 months after release, back in 2012-2013 that was totally unthinkable, the 2 cws what i just mentioned would maybe last 15 minutes max, and then they are totally cleaned out by resellers and their annoying sneakerbots

Yeah it's the frequency, not the quantity, that's the issue.

You want retro Jordans to be special again? Drop 1 per month, make sure the color way is dope, and leave it at that.

They will, and they can because of this:

1. Buy limited shoes for $190.
2. Take photo / wear once to show everyone you got something limited.
3. Sell the pair to someone who missed out.
4. Buyer repeats steps 2 and 3.

They will, and they can because of this:

1. Buy limited shoes for $190.
2. Take photo / wear once to show everyone you got something limited.
3. Sell the pair to someone who missed out.
4. Buyer repeats steps 2 and 3.
They can all get f--ked then. If your in this for money then get a job. Just my opinion.

Why aren’t they just making more of the ones that sell the most. People in California Texas and Hawai’i sometimes don’t get a chance to buy a pair and only get the pairs on eBay for 100s more. Which is not essentially benefiting Nike or Jordan but independent suppliers that are making more than actually Nike or Jordan brand. Drake left and some players are switching brands because of some issues. I’m buying shoes that decades ago my parents couldn’t afford for me

Why aren’t they just making more of the ones that sell the most. People in California Texas and Hawai’i sometimes don’t get a chance to buy a pair and only get the pairs on eBay for 100s more. Which is not essentially benefiting Nike or Jordan but independent suppliers that are making more than actually Nike or Jordan brand. Drake left and some players are switching brands because of some issues. I’m buying shoes that decades ago my parents couldn’t afford for me
It gets deep

Back
Top Bottom