So NT my parents surprised me and got me a Range Rover

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Exactly

You dudes up here talking like you would make you kids ride public transportation, even if you had money to cop em something nice.

I hope to be in the position where I could but I won't. They'd get a new Camry, Accord, Corolla, Civic, etc. No luxury cars.
that's your choice to make, but i'm guessing it comes from the fear that it will "spoil" your kids, etc. etc.

that doesn't really make sense though. i say get your kid a car that you can comfortably afford. a family with a combined income in the millions is not"spoiling" their kid by buying him an $80,000 car. a middle-class family who does the same thing might be.

laugh.gif
OP is obviously bragging..cant knockhim, though

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

keep it.
you're too inexperienced to drive those other smaller and faster cars... that's just begging for an accident
Dirty, you have to be joking? A supercharged Rover sport?!?!?! That has more horsepower than any other vehicle he posted. While I don't think either one is a better choice telling him to keep the Rover isn't wise in my opinion at all.
as far as I could find...the hp for each car is --
300 for the Range
300 for the 335
330 for the G

the G is way too much car for a novice driver..so is the 335.
at least with the Range... he can make a mistake with the car and possibly live.
RIP to the other driver

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

SIZE TENS wrote:

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

KayCurrency wrote:

I hope im in the position to buy my Children luxury cars when they're ready to Drive
pimp.gif
Exactly
smh.gif

You dudes up here talking like you would make you kids ride public transportation, even if you had money to cop em something nice.
smh.gif
smh.gif

If I could I probably wouldn't.

Why? Aslong as they're trouble free Kids with good grades...I dont see anything wrong with buying them a Luxury Car if you can afford it...I mean, you work to put your family in a good financial state and to live comfortably, right? ....The wife and I arent gonna be pushing German cars, leaving our Children in cheap compact cars....

What you think we work for...to put our kids in Rav-4's?

Buy them a BMW at 16 just so they can go crazy with it? No, thanks.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

SIZE TENS wrote:

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

KayCurrency wrote:

I hope im in the position to buy my Children luxury cars when they're ready to Drive
pimp.gif
Exactly
smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif

Why? Aslong as they're trouble free Kids with good grades...I dont see anything wrong with buying them a Luxury Car if you can afford it...I mean, you work to put your family in a good financial state and to live comfortably, right? ....The wife and I arent gonna be pushing German cars, leaving our Children in cheap compact cars....

Civics can hit 100+mph too...only with less safety features
wink.gif

Originally Posted by HJDM

way to teach your kids how to appreciate money in a recession. smh.

This makes no sense at all... For all you know, buddys parents are millionairs or make atleast 6 figures a year...so a used $35k-$45k Range Rover is nothing.

kay i'd give it up, people are super opinionated on this issue

probably due to jealously or bitterness

i've never heard one kid driving a nice car say he wouldn't get his kids one. food for tought.

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

KayCurrency wrote:

SIZE TENS wrote:

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

KayCurrency wrote:

pimp.gif
Exactly
smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif

Civics can hit 100+mph too...only with less safety features
wink.gif

Oh, my bad. I meant pay 30K for them to %#@* it up.

This makes no sense at all... For all you know, buddys parents are millionairs or make atleast 6 figures a year...so a used $35k-$45k Range Rover is nothing.

Seriously.

Dudes is getting jealous cause the kid has a Range. Good for him, only thing is that he could appreciate it alot more. I'd be happy with a Range, 335,G37...hell. Why is OP complaining?

But there is nothing wrong with buying your kid a nice luxury car if you can afford it. He'll most likely take care of it alot more than if you bought aCivic or something.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Seriously.

Dudes is getting jealous cause the kid has a Range. Good for him, only thing is that he could appreciate it alot more. I'd be happy with a Range, 335, G37...hell. Why is OP complaining?

But there is nothing wrong with buying your kid a nice luxury car if you can afford it. He'll most likely take care of it alot more than if you bought a Civic or something.

not even close to jealous... suv's aren't my thing
laugh.gif
if it wasa 335/G37, now..
devil.gif

but seriously though, i knew dudes back in high school with millionaire parents and mansions driving around in camry's, because their parents figured theyshould earn nice things instead of being just given them.

then again, to each family their own. guess i shouldn't be knocking parents for spoiling their offspring, but all the same...

It might've been said already, but congrats. Just don't walk around acting like you bought it yourself like some people on here.

Keep the Range - it's just that great ...

if it was a SC it would be that much better - but the sport is just
pimp.gif

what color?

I don't think a parent would get there kid a nice whip if they didn't believe their kid was responsible.
If money was no object and your daughter was GOOD kid/responsible/honor roll student etc and said she wanted a newer C class benz
you REALLY gonna be like naw, here s Kia instead? Sorry but I'm not buying that at all

Originally Posted by AmazingMRFox

Originally Posted by GTEK

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If this isn't the definition of spoiled, then I don't know what is.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]His behavior is testament to the undeniable fact that his parents failed miserably in raising him, at least in those arenas pertaining to modesty and humbleness.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Disgusting.[/color]

smh.gif
At the same time his parents had a jacked up truck, hummer and challenger in the driveway.�

He handled himself terribly, but come on, that truck isn't even safe.

I'd never drive a luxury car, they seem boring to me, and everyone that I see looks exactly the same...nothing stands out.

I'd rather take an average car [Tiburon, Sentra, Buick...] and customize it to my liking.

Originally Posted by AIRjuhst

yuku is buggin right now, but I'm not even trying to brag. Something I could brag about is getting accepted into NYU with half scholarship.. so it's not like I got the car for no reason. Didn't get anything for the past 2 birthdays/christmas' but dinner. My parents told me from day 1, get through highschool and accepted to a good college, and that's what i did
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

#+!% the haters man, enjoy the Range.

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

I'd never drive a luxury car, they seem boring to me, and everyone that I see looks exactly the same...nothing stands out.

I'd rather take an average car [Tiburon, Sentra, Buick...] and customize it to my liking.
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]luxury = useless features....[/color]

Back
Top Bottom