So Walmart Will Be Selling The iPhone and Target Doesn't.....

Ja's 2¢

formerly vcshoxj6
oh the irony......
laugh.gif

[h2]http://www.tuaw.com/2008/11/19/walmart-will-sell-iphones-starting-dec-28/[/h2]
[h2]Walmart will sell iPhones starting Dec. 28[/h2]
by Robert Palmer on Nov 19th 2008 at 1:00PM

Walmart will be taking a pass for most of the holiday shopping season with one particular item: the iPhone. It will begin selling the handset December 28, according to Jamie Townsend, of research firm JRPG.

Boy Genius Report also notes that the phone will be sold in some Sam's Club stores as well. The blog broke the news about Walmart's talks with Apple, but originally said the smartphone would hit shelves last Saturday.

Walmart seems to be capitalizing on post-holiday shopping fervor, with BGR's Zach Epstein speculating, "Won't people be happy when they find out Apple's handsets popped up at discount prices three short days after Christmas?" It depends on how meager Christmas is, I suppose.

The handsets will apparently be activated in-store. No pricing details were released.

Apple and their high end attitude. First it was the shuffle, then the ipods, now the iPhone. Whats your thoughts applenters?

Originally Posted by eight2one

i heard wal-marts be poppin in some towns.....my wal-mart is trashy.

I wouldn't be surprised. Its usually smaller/college towns where its like that.

You know what I never understood in Wal*mart's? How come they have like 20 cashier lanes, but only like 4-5 of them are open at any given time?

I have never been to a nice Walmart

I live by ghetto walmarts and my gf's house out in the sticks like an hour outside the city is a lot of hicks but you atleast feel like you arent gonna getrobbed

If you're in AA then I heard its only one in Ypsi. In that case that should tell you all you need to know I love my wal-mart...it's literally in mybackyard, one of those 24 hour super-mega-everythingyoueverneed type wal-marts too
laugh.gif

Target doesnt even sell phones do they?
Prepaids. They also sold the beyonce phone exclusively for a while.
This is great. I plan on getting an iphone for christmas, but now I need to know what to do with my tmobile contract for 8 months.

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

walmarts in atlanta >>>>
Boy you ain't never lie. Regardless of what time you roll through, you will see dudes on the prowl parking lot pimpin

i really don't see how this is ironic... another poor attempt to use the word on NT
but the reason wal-mart will be selling the phone because they have a contract with att which makes them an authorized reseller of att wireless devices, sameas best buy who is currently selling the iphone. and with target not having an official contract with any wireless provider i don't see why they would beselling any high-end phone.

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

walmarts in atlanta >>>>

Winston knows Walmart on Univeristy Parkway is where the Tuners and Ricers hand out
roll.gif
They race from Walmart to Burlington or through Puffown...and the cops let them
laugh.gif

All the trash from the 25th area "The Hill" by Gola be there shopping or Chest Nut, Wycove, and King
roll.gif

I lived across the street from Hanes Mall.....

In NY it's a nice Walmart in Islandia...but out of 20 lanes 5 are open...dude was right
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

If you're in AA then I heard its only one in Ypsi. In that case that should tell you all you need to know I love my wal-mart...it's literally in my backyard, one of those 24 hour super-mega-everythingyoueverneed type wal-marts too
laugh.gif

I used to live across the street from the ypsi wal mart and i would never shop there just because it was so trashy. I also remember how crazy i thought it wasthat they weren't 24 hours. i didnt know untill then that all wal marts werent 24 hours.

Originally Posted by domc03

i really don't see how this is ironic... another poor attempt to use the word on NT
but the reason wal-mart will be selling the phone because they have a contract with att which makes them an authorized reseller of att wireless devices, same as best buy who is currently selling the iphone. and with target not having an official contract with any wireless provider i don't see why they would be selling any high-end phone.

Man check yourself. Its ironic because Walmart is generally considered low end yet they will be selling one of the most high end phones on the market. Andtarget is generally considered higher end yet they do not sell the iPhone. So please keep quiet.

And from reading the blogs of where this news was posted, everyone hates the fact that apple emphasizes such a high end image yet they sell their stuff inWalmart. For example nike would love what apple is doing by getting that extra market share through Walmart, but they know they do not want to devalue thebrand Nike so they bought the brand Starter and now can sell through WallyWorld. Thats all I am saying.

Back
Top Bottom