So what's next for hip hop?

the last big innovation I heard was Death Grips.

What's next? A more accessible Death Grips sounding artist? Well, I guess Kanye did that with Yeezus.

Perhaps something more "warm" sounding, with Avicii or David Guetta? But for the past five years rappers have been doing that...

what's the next evolution bros?

A lot of things. I sense a huge fusion of a lot of R&B-Hip-hop tweeners like Pnd and Ty$ making hits.

Not crazy over him, but your boy IloveMankonnen is ushering in a new feel that will become more pervasive in its own way.

A lot of things. I sense a huge fusion of a lot of R&B-Hip-hop tweeners like Pnd and Ty$ making hits.

Not crazy over him, but your boy IloveMankonnen is ushering in a new feel that will become more pervasive in its own way.
I feel like that Young Thug, PND, Ty$, Future **** is already it's own genre.

Thug doesn't really croon. He's just so effortlessly creative and charismatic that yall try and throw labels at him. 

Future was never really a crooner except for on a couple of popular songs but he hasn't  been on that tip in years. 

Ty$ fits the mold, and he has song making ability, but gets off on putting together **** *** boring projects and he can't sing/croon well. 

That said I could really see the whole PND/Ty$/Thug R&B/whatever you want to call it being the next thing but we'd be talking more what's next for mainstream pop/urban music not hip hop.  Either way Abel birthed it all so all praise be to him. 

Last edited:
Sooooo hip-hop is the new r&b now?
Just got back from the Nas Illmatic 20th anniversary show, here at the Cosmo in Vegas. It was nice to take in some REAL hip-hop for once.

Sooooo hip-hop is the new r&b now?
Just got back from the Nas Illmatic 20th anniversary show, here at the Cosmo in Vegas. It was nice to take in some REAL hip-hop for once.
Goin this Sunday in Oakland. Can't wait. 
pimp.gif

But what's stoping you from taking in "real" hip hop whenever you want? If I wanted to hear Nas everyday, I could.

We all know what dude meant, pop/mainstream rap music. 

See the problem is you guys use the word "classic" loosely. Y'all were crowning GKMC a classic the day it leaked. Give it time before y'all start saying classic

Don't know, it's been a quiet year for rap. I think majority of people are holding out for this last qtr, hopefully some good **** gets birthed.

Hip hop hasn't been around long enough for us to set a timeline of longevity...you know how rock bands been out for like 40-50 years. The only one setting that now is Jay-Z

Back
Top Bottom