So Where Does The Chappelle Show Rank On Sketch-Based Comedy Shows?

Reaction score
Show was hilarious. Though it only has 2 real seasons it has produced some classic sketches. So where does it rank with other Sketch shows or even comedy showsperiod?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1 But dude quit so the full potential wasn't there.

I think dude would have become a legend or something... word to South Park

1.) In Living Color (in it's prime)
2.) SNL Early-Mid 90s
3.) Chappelle

I forgot about In Living Color, but since i was still young when it was out i dont remember it much, so i'll say its #1

I watched both In Living Color and Chappelle and it is definitely in a league of its own. Just the fact that if you payed attention to the deeper meaning ofthe sketches it was far beyond its time and it was hilarious. Dude is a legend in my book off of it.

Originally Posted by the north west

living color but all the kids are prob gon say chappelle
Its #1.

I grew up on ILC but it can't touch the way that Dave masterfully addressed social, political and current events through wildly original and insanely funnycomedy. ILC was more cutting edge slapstick sketches with a lot of shock value thrown in.

Chappelle show is really unparalleled.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Its #1.

I grew up on ILC but it can't touch the way that Dave masterfully addressed social, political and current events through wildly original and insanely funny comedy. ILC was more cutting edge slapstick sketches with a lot of shock value thrown in.

QFT. Some of Chappelle's sketches are truly genius. Where he came up with half this stuff who the hell knows. I miss Dave
tired.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Its #1.

I grew up on ILC but it can't touch the way that Dave masterfully addressed social, political and current events through wildly original and insanely funny comedy. ILC was more cutting edge slapstick sketches with a lot of shock value thrown in.

I wouldn't say "can't touch" Chappelle. In Living Color did a lot of social commentary through its sketches as well, especially when it cameto race relations. Sure, a lot of stuff was just for lulz but the show (at that time) was genius in its own right. I'll take the two best seasons of ILCover Chap's two seasons. Not by a huge margin, but I'll still give the edge to ILC.

Back
Top Bottom