** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2013 **

How do Authentic Adidas jerseys fit?  I want to take advantage of the 20% on WSS, and you can get last year's kits for nearly half off.  I own two replica Nike jerseys in a large and they fit perfect.  I've read that the authentics have a tailored cut designed for the players.  Will a large fit me fine?  Thanks in advance.

authentic adidas? formotion or techfit? if you wear a large climacool, you could fit a large formotion. might look a bit superhero tight. a large techfit would take one or two people to help you actually get it onto your torso. i would suggest sizing up to an XL for both.

How do Authentic Adidas jerseys fit?  I want to take advantage of the 20% on WSS, and you can get last year's kits for nearly half off.  I own two replica Nike jerseys in a large and they fit perfect.  I've read that the authentics have a tailored cut designed for the players.  Will a large fit me fine?  Thanks in advance.
For formotion i would suggest 1 size up

and tech fit 2 size up

this are my opinion because i dont know your body looks like :D

I took the Vapor 8s for a test run today. They were narrow as hell when I first got them, but now I feel like they're breaking I and molding to my foot. The top part of the heel did not rub against my Achilles so that's good.

View media item 526139

can anyone tell me if the current USA replicas fit small or true to size? specifically the 11/12 home (hoops), 11/12 away, and the centennial.

thanks.

man charcoal hypervenom phatoms on back order on soccer.com til october.....not worth getting since that will be more then half way through the season

man charcoal hypervenom phatoms on back order on soccer.com til october.....not worth getting since that will be more then half way through the season

Apparently the Hypervenoms are selling really well. Wanted to get my son the black & green jawns & can't find them anywhere in stores or websites in his size. Oh well...

Apparently the Hypervenoms are selling really well. Wanted to get my son the black & green jawns & can't find them anywhere in stores or websites in his size. Oh well...

I was hesitant and waited for reviews...and they seem to all be pretty favorable. I still have my vapor 8s that are in good shape but who doesn't love new cleats.

I was hesitant and waited for reviews...and they seem to all be pretty favorable. I still have my vapor 8s that are in good shape but who doesn't love new cleats.

A couple of the older kids on my son's club/travel team (the U15 & U16 teams) love their hypervenoms. They all have the various 3 colors.

Zenit away kits just may be the best kits next season...I need that.

My top 3:
Zenit away
Inter Milan Navy blue
Porto white kit

My top 3:
Zenit away
Inter Milan Navy blue
Porto white kit

Porto Home (Herrera)
Ac Milan third (Balotelli)
Psg Home (Ibra)

Waiting to see BVB's champions league kit and If Roma gets that green kit.

A couple of the older kids on my son's club/travel team (the U15 & U16 teams) love their hypervenoms. They all have the various 3 colors.
$$$$$
sounds like silver spoon kids to me :lol:

Like I said before, the NikeSkin upper is really thin. But it does have this grippy texture to it, I wanna try them myself but I don't trust that super thin upper

My top 3:
Zenit away
Inter Milan Navy blue
Porto white kit

Porto Home (Herrera)
Ac Milan third (Balotelli)
Psg Home (Ibra)

Waiting to see BVB's champions league kit and If Roma gets that green kit.
Zenit's kits were much better last season in my opinion, especially their home kit
My top 3

Galatasaray away
PSG away
Montpellier away

Last edited:
I'm really digging Arsenal's European training kits aside from the fact that they're also Fenerbahce's colours.  I just hope they're going to be used to prepare for games on Tuesdays and Wednesdays this season rather than Thursdays...
frown.gif

Don't follow much MLS beyond my woeful TFC, so I saw this Colorado Rapids kit for the first time while browsing SI.  Digging the three primary colours at once.  I always admired the Rapids for never getting a jersey sponsor.

Don't follow much MLS beyond my woeful TFC, so I saw this Colorado Rapids kit for the first time while browsing SI.  Digging the three primary colours at once.  I always admired the Rapids for never getting a jersey sponsor.
Kits based off the Colorado state flag

I'm really digging Arsenal's European training kits aside from the fact that they're also Fenerbahce's colours.  I just hope they're going to be used to prepare for games on Tuesdays and Wednesdays this season rather than Thursdays... :frown:

View media item 546739
what are those Nike socks he's wearing? :nerd:

Also, does somebody here have an official match ball? What's the difference between the official ball and the replica that costs ~$24.99?

Also, does somebody here have an official match ball? What's the difference between the official ball and the replica that costs ~$24.99?

the official match ball is light years ahead of anything in the $25 range, although there are some solid $60-80 training balls that could easily be used as matchballs in most leagues.

i've loved pretty much every nike matchball (the old school geo merlin will always be the best ever because of how sticky/supple it was). i've thought that adidas balls were all gimmicks (especially the jabulani), but the tango is a great ball.

the interesting thing with balls is that you'll never get a consensus as to which is best - as a midfielder, i want something that's softer and has grip.

the official match ball is light years ahead of anything in the $25 range, although there are some solid $60-80 training balls that could easily be used as matchballs in most leagues.

i've loved pretty much every nike matchball (the old school geo merlin will always be the best ever because of how sticky/supple it was). i've thought that adidas balls were all gimmicks (especially the jabulani), but the tango is a great ball.

the interesting thing with balls is that you'll never get a consensus as to which is best - as a midfielder, i want something that's softer and has grip.
I'm a complete noob when it comes balls. Living in the hood, I've only played with $29.99 and cheaper balls since nobody around here can afford the real deal. What should I expect/ be checking for when it comes to the official match ball. The only difference I could tell is that the replicas are shiny as hell and the official ones are "matte" in color. To be honest the $150 price tag has kept me away from them, where can I buy one for lower than retail?

I just got the Nike Strike PL & FC247 Duravel balls not too long ago.
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...white/black/?cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...white/black/?cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

If you don't mind getting last season's match balls, you should be able to find them for up to 50% off.  The Adidas store in downtown Toronto always has a whole pile of last season's Champions League matchballs for $75 whenever I pop in during sale time.  I can't recall ever seeing a Nike EPL, La Liga, or Serie A official match ball in store though...

what are those Nike socks he's wearing?
nerd.gif

If you don't mind getting last season's match balls, you should be able to find them for up to 50% off.  The Adidas store in downtown Toronto always has a whole pile of last season's Champions League matchballs for $75 whenever I pop in during sale time.  I can't recall ever seeing a Nike EPL, La Liga, or Serie A official match ball in store though...

Spot on. Honestly it takes a soccer player to be able to feel and exploit the differences but premium balls are a lot easier to manipulate.

I have four Nike Tracers, two Seitiro's, and a Maxim (I'm pretty sure these are all the exact same ball just different graphics) and several Nike Catalyst. The Catalyst is a great ball in that $60-80 price range, just as responsive as the official match balls but they're A LOT lighter which I sometimes prefer. I have an Adidas CL match ball, similar to it's Nike counterparts and a good ball but I find it doesn't fly quite as true.

I've never paid retail for a match ball, every winter I hit eBay and stock up on one or two. Last year there was a seller who had Tracers for $50 shipped, got all my Catalyst from the same seller the year before for $35 shipped. 

If you've been playing your whole life and have never hit a premium match ball, find one, inflate it properly (God I hate under inflated balls), and go shoot on goal for a little bit. It's gonna feel like you're on roids. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I gotta agree with rip, my Geo Merlin ball that I snagged (
ohwell.gif
) as a youngster over a decade ago. Graphics faded a long time ago but it still flies true. 

The Catalyst is real similar in terms of feel if you want something similar rip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom