Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2018

Was just coming in here to post that vid. Love it... Nike makes the best footy long form commercials bar none.

Almost as good as the boot itself. The Phantom Vision is the one.

The touch and feel on the ball is simply incredible.

This question is for anybody that has played in any recent top end Nike boot. Did the insole break down after just a few wears? I know Nike changed the material for the insole on the Hypervenoms from foam to ortholite when the 3 came out. I had a game this morning where I was sweating my *** off due to the heat combined with the humidity. So the inside of my boots got wet due to all the sweat running down my legs. I get home and leave out my boots to dry, I go to take out the insoles and I notice the foam starting to separate from the liner. I've never had that problem before and I've worn multiple pairs of Hypervenom Phantom 1, Mercurial Vapor 8 & 9, Tiempo Legend 5, and CTR 360 Maestri III.

IMG_20180811_142539.jpg

This question is for anybody that has played in any recent top end Nike boot. Did the insole break down after just a few wears? I know Nike changed the material for the insole on the Hypervenoms from foam to ortholite when the 3 came out. I had a game this morning where I was sweating my *** off due to the heat combined with the humidity. So the inside of my boots got wet due to all the sweat running down my legs. I get home and leave out my boots to dry, I go to take out the insoles and I notice the foam starting to separate from the liner. I've never had that problem before and I've worn multiple pairs of Hypervenom Phantom 1, Mercurial Vapor 8 & 9, Tiempo Legend 5, and CTR 360 Maestri III.

IMG_20180811_142539.jpg

I haven’t had any insole problems, but I just noticed this on my HV3 today... probably going to send em back and get a voucher, then grab the new Phantoms.

9246B8D9-1849-4D52-BE1E-541715D02017.jpeg

I haven’t had any insole problems, but I just noticed this on my HV3 today... probably going to send em back and get a voucher, then grab the new Phantoms.

9246B8D9-1849-4D52-BE1E-541715D02017.jpeg
Well damn, do you play on natural grass only? I didn't really like the Rising Fast colorway, but the holographic shine on the swoosh is hella nice.

I have no clue why my insoles broke down like that, all they did was get my sweat on them.

Well damn, do you play on natural grass only? I didn't really like the Rising Fast colorway, but the holographic shine on the swoosh is hella nice.

I have no clue why my insoles broke down like that, all they did was get my sweat on them.

Yeah only natural grass, I play in a league on some really nice fields one night a week and we play pickup on a pretty crappy field on Sundays, I wonder if it was something today that split it open.

I’m neutral on this colorway, found em at an outlet and just wanted to try the HV3 coming off playing in Mercurials previously. I’m a big fan of your blackout pair, gonna need the blackout Phantoms.

Last edited:
Yeah only natural grass, I play in a league on some really nice fields one night a week and we play pickup on a pretty crappy field on Sundays, I wonder if it was something today that split it open.

I’m neutral on this colorway, found em at an outlet and just wanted to try the HV3 coming off playing in Mercurials previously. I’m a big fan of your blackout pair, gonna need the blackout Phantoms.
Looking at my pair right now, the soleplate seems to be made out of 2 separate pieces bonded together. The bottom piece looks to be the thinnest and the glue on your pair might have broken down. One thing I try to avoid is walking on concrete or thru rocks with my boots on. I'm very grateful to have multiple pairs, and looking back at my purchase history, I haven't paid more than $80 for any of them. I use my older beater pairs for training and playing on terrible fields, then I use my newer pairs on the more premium fields.

I feel you on that colorway, I'm not a huge fan of that diagonal color split to be honest. My Nike outlet had the tech craft color for like $80 last year, but I passed cause I had my eyes on the 'strike nights' for a while on eBay. Then once that $15 off $75 coupon went live, I didn't even think twice about it :pimp:

hvblkred4.jpg

hvblkred1.jpg

Dope. Sane must not think the newest color way of the Mercs dont stand out enough for him lol

My superfly v insoles disintegrated due water intake about after two to three months. I think you literally need to take them out and dry them. If your within one month nike may send you replacement boots/give a voucher but they dont do spare insoles

Dope. Sane must not think the newest color way of the Mercs dont stand out enough for him lol
the newest pack colorway from nike is trash, the hypervenom got it the worst and the mercurial looks the best.....
but that's not saying much

My superfly v insoles disintegrated due water intake about after two to three months. I think you literally need to take them out and dry them. If your within one month nike may send you replacement boots/give a voucher but they dont do spare insoles
You might be onto something, these new ortholite insoles can't be exposed to any type of moisture. But that defeats the whole purpose of having them inside of footwear meant to be worn for athletic purposes.

And I don't want a replacement, this colorway is hard to find since it was limited.

I'm thinking about investing in a shoe dryer, since I sweat so damn much from being physically active. I remember watching a YouTube video a while back about cleaning and taking care of your football boots and the kid in the video had one. Does anyone here have any experience with that?

*EDIT-found the video, at the 6:20 mark

Last edited:
Mods please delete if this is not the right place to post this.

So today I found a pair of Mercurial Vapor Ks from 2001. Really nice cleat, but I foolishly decided to try them on.

The painted sock liner was already starting to chip, but when I pulled my foot out a few big chunks of the paint came out. Does anyone have any experience with restoring old cleats, and if so what would be the best way to go about repainting the sock liner on these?

I don’t know if I’ll ever wear them (or if they’re even wearable), but it’d still be nice to have them as a collectible/ display piece.
B66CC4E6-7521-4896-B6B5-8EF81EEA887D.jpeg 1231F1D4-410C-4A39-BD1D-E3468CE8B7BE.jpeg 1BEC61F5-08CD-4DC6-9741-94C6D4F09E72.jpeg 36A74E9F-EDC4-4FF1-BCAA-767A87E1C7F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom