SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Spurs kit is solid.

Juve's seems to have all the right elements, just don't love the execution like I should. Actually have grown extremely fond of this year's kit.

648C5909-676D-4EA6-BACF-72AE0BF62A0E.jpeg

Madrid, on paper, looked like a great home kit this year w/ the white/gold combo. For whatever reason, just didn’t jive with me like the 10-11 kit (11-12?) from the Mourinho La Liga title year. I actually like the newly released one more.

Nike has been hitting it out of the park with every kit release this year. Even the Liverpool “template” kit for the first season looks amazing in its details and color selection, like unto Nike’s first Chelsea home kit from 16-17.

Barça have an epic home and away combo this year. Just stellar.

Guess neither the Vision or Venom really caught on in popularity. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing either

yeah what nike did was make the vapor/superfly too good.

There used to be a sacrifice in the vapor/superfly that it was light and therefore made with a plastic upper which made it have a worse touch. But the vapor 13 broke that mold. So everyone (for good reason) wore vapors and not the other models.

That being said the new phantom GT looks great. Can't wait for reviews. If the reviews are solid they should add a little of the GT texture to the upper of the next vapors and keep everything else the same.

The unisport review of the GT said its made on the same last as the hypervenom so it is a little wider then the vapor.

i loved the HV 1 but i had durability issues. Sole started separating from the upper real quick. After one season of wear i had a hole in the side by the ball of my foot

I had the WC2014 HV1 and it lasted about a single season for me too.

I've been a longtime Tiempo fan through about 5-6 iterations. Could never get a Vapor to feel comfortable even after break-in.

I tried out the Phantom Vision at launch and enjoyed it to where it became my alternate pair for the last 1.5 years or so, overlapping with the Tiempo7 and 8. Haven't particularly jived with the Tiempo8, although it's not bad by any means - just felt like the TL8 and Vision tried to basically do the same thing w/ the interior quadfit thing.

Tried out a pair of Vapor13s on a whim during quarantine and am completely converted. The Vapor13 is an amazing boot.

My initial reaction to the PhantomGT is more along the lines of "eh." Maybe try a pair on sale one day.

Back
Top Bottom