-somalis talk about when ppl say their not black etc

Alotta them east africans (somali, ethipioa, & the country nippsey hussle peoples is from eritrea or however u spell it) these people dont identify with us at all & gladly will help an arab over us anyday of the week ...Alotta them ethiopians in dc metro (silver spring moco) believe in sticking to their own & look down on them dating brothers as well

On the the block of Lenox avenue between 125th and 126th streets, Red Rooster the restaurant sits. It is owned by none other than one Marcus Samuelsson, a Black man that I am proud to know. He does not abide by such foolishness. I have learned to accept those who do not claim Blackness as their identity, because it simply lets me know that when the time comes? Who to avoid.

"Dated" a girl from Eritrea and can attest to the fact that, while being super attractive, she made it clear that none of her folks / parents could know we were dating, so it was a drag and I ended it.

Actually had to drop her off around the corner / sneak in when her Mom was at work.

Started to feel like I was an experiment.

Had to check her when she started talking reckless about black women.

She tried to see how far she could go "play fighting" while I was driving and politely pulled over to let her out of the ride. Course correction was immediate.

Felt she wouldn't have carried things the same with one of her own.

Realize this inst all Eritreans - people are just people. Maybe she thought she was attractive enough for me to go for it. Who knows.

Case by case basis.

DMV has tons of them around, especially U Street / Adams Morgan back in the day. BAD.

...always seems the Eritrean men can mess with (not marry) American women but American men messing with their women is a no no apparently.

Side note:

I personally feel that the only true Black (with a capital B) people on Earth are the ones here in the United States, who are descendants of slaves.

We are unique.

History itself shows us this.

Are Africans black in skin color? Yes of course.

Have they lived the Black experience in America? Nope.

Last edited:
On the the block of Lenox avenue between 125th and 126th streets, Red Rooster the restaurant sits. It is owned by none other than one Marcus Samuelsson, a Black man that I am proud to know. He does not abide by such foolishness. I have learned to accept those who do not claim Blackness as their identity, because it simply lets me know that when the time comes? Who to avoid.
I seen a documentary about him a few years ago ...he got a few business deals going on from the lil bit i remember with watching that ...i interact with a few somalis(all work at gas stations ,as well as ethiopians) when things is cool they cool...when things hit the fan i highly doubt 99% of them will be around for us ,like its cool to be cool with people but its a line that people aint crossing...like im
Cordial & cool with some white people at the end of the day i look at it as being cordial/ or business related ...when things go down i dont expect them to hold me down...thats life period though (can apply to family as well..when things going good or things is cool life appears one way but when it get rocky its a completely different story & people get ghost)

"Dated" a girl from Eritrea and can attest to the fact that, while being super attractive, she made it clear that none of her folks / parents could know we were dating, so it was a drag and I ended it.

Actually had to drop her off around the corner / sneak in when her Mom was at work.

Started to feel like I was an experiment.

Had to check her when she started talking reckless about black women.

She tried to see how far she could go "play fighting" while I was driving and politely pulled over to let her out of the ride. Course correction was immediate.

Felt she wouldn't have carried things the same with one of her own.

Realize this inst all Eritreans - people are just people. Maybe she thought she was attractive enough for me to go for it. Who knows.

Case by case basis.

DMV has tons of them around, especially U street back in the day. BAD.

...always seems the Eritrean men can mess with (not marry) American women but American men messing with their women is a no no apparently.

Don't think it's just an American thing.

I've dated East African women (mainly Somali) before but it never gets more than that because the family is mad traditional. They want their daughters with Somali men, and I'm a Muslim guy and have very similar culture.

Side note:

I personally feel that the only true Black (with a capital B) people on Earth are the ones here in the United States, who are descendants of slaves.

We are unique.

History itself shows us this.

Are Africans black in skin color? Yes of course.

Have they lived the Black experience in America? Nope.

Idk about all that fam but I see what you mean. Its with both Africans and Black's here.

I def see the "sticking to their own" which I why i primarily only hang & talk with West Africans coincidentally and I have a few Sudanese homies.

Thats why i was surprised with mad people calling nippsey a black king etc...i know he mixed & not straight eritrean but overall them people dont f—— with us like that if it dont involve messing with our money ,being cordial & cool is a different story from identifying with us /fighting for our rights in america..ive had several debates with dudes over this (im not in a holding hands lovey dovey mood with all foreign blacks that come here ...they here to make a buck not hold hands & get intuned with us)

Thats why i was surprised with mad people calling nippsey a black king etc...i know he mixed & not straight eritrean but overall them people dont f—— with us like that if it dont involve messing with our money ,being cordial & cool is a different story from identifying with us /fighting for our rights in america..ive had several debates with dudes over this (im not in a holding hands lovey dovey mood with all foreign blacks that come here ...they here to make a buck not hold hands & get intuned with us)

Why would you be surprised? :lol:

Bro im almost positive Nipsey Hussle was born in LA and grew up in LA. He can identify directly with Black people born and raised here and he can identify with the struggle out there in the country when he went to visit. He went to his country to know his roots like a lot of folks out here should do wherever they are from. He is a Black King for that very reason and he talked for everyone as one. No dividing...

Idk about all that fam but I see what you mean. Its with both Africans and Black's here.

I def see the "sticking to their own" which I why i primarily only hang & talk with West Africans coincidentally and I have a few Sudanese homies.

West africans is overall more cooler than east africans But some of them can be on they best b.s as well

Why would you be surprised? :lol:

Bro im almost positive Nipsey Hussle was born in LA and grew up in LA. He can identify directly with Black people born and raised here and he can identify with the struggle out there in the country when he went to visit. He went to his country to know his roots like a lot of folks out here should do wherever they are from. He is a Black King for that very reason and he talked for everyone as one. No dividing...

I grew up with alotta born & raised blacks that had foreign parents who would still tell u they not “black” but rather “country their moms,pops from”

Some of the for mentioned east africans like ethiopians & somalians that i ran into was born & raised in america but will tel u with the quickness they not black ..i catch your drift though

This works both ways. There are alot of East/West Africans who come over here and get ****ted on by "African-Americans".

Somewhat related...I just watched a VladTV interview with Paula Jai Parker where she referred to Lupita as "not being black" since she hadn't lived the "african-american" experience.

There's a whole movement of people ****ting on the Black Brits that are "stealing" roles to play "African-Americans" in Hollywood films.

I only saw the first few minutes of the vid but aren't they in the UK or something in that vid? I would be interested to hear what an East African from the U.S. feels.
This works both ways. There are alot of East/West Africans who come over here and get ****ted on by "African-Americans".

Somewhat related...I just watched a VladTV interview with Paula Jai Parker where she referred to Lupita as "not being black" since she hadn't lived the "african-american" experience.

There's a whole movement of people ****ting on the Black Brits that are "stealing" roles to play "African-Americans" in Hollywood films.
This
I was actually looking for the thread or the post where there are videos, one women in particular but I can't think of her name said that anyone that cannot trace there ancestors back to the tribes there were original taken in the transatlantic slave trade are not black. Also calls them "culture vultures" and say things that they're "not with us" and are "stealing from us". Comment section was full of people that co-sign so it's not an uncommon thought.

Well, there are actually only about 3 families in the United States that can actually trace their ancestry back to where they were stolen from. That would be the family of Alex Haley, my family, and then one other. It was the main contention for reparations long ago.

That said there is a lot of hate in the African diaspora, period. This is what Marcus Garvey was trying to solve in trying to unify us under the guise of skin color, as opposed to being separated through cultural differences. The problem is exacerbated by the rules of a society, and how it will treat immigrants, versus the descendants of slaves. The immigrant mindset does not understand the anger and resentment of the descendant of former slaves. They see the descendants as complaining about their situation, in a land that is supposedly free, filled with opportunity. This creates resentment among all parties. The history of this nation is never truthfully told in schools, with some parts of the Caribbean and US Private schools being the exceptions. So those immigrants do not know of the struggle for civil rights, they know nothing of the civil war, they know nothing about the slave trade, nor how racism came to be.
The united states will never come to admit that racism as we know it was created right here by white men, those of whom were afraid of being extinct. Racism never existed in a legal form, until it began in the United States. White people created it. White supremacy had existed in many forms, but racism is America's very own creation.

Immigrants do not know this, and then do not know to acknowledge it, until a cop calls them the Nword while pulling a gun on them.

Right Amadou?

Black is Black.

Aspiring toward white supremacy acceptance is a joke.

Stop making white people comfortable.

Well, there are actually only about 3 families in the United States that can actually trace their ancestry back to where they were stolen from. That would be the family of Alex Haley, my family, and then one other. It was the main contention for reparations long ago.

That said there is a lot of hate in the African diaspora, period. This is what Marcus Garvey was trying to solve in trying to unify us under the guise of skin color, as opposed to being separated through cultural differences. The problem is exacerbated by the rules of a society, and how it will treat immigrants, versus the descendants of slaves. The immigrant mindset does not understand the anger and resentment of the descendant of former slaves. They see the descendants as complaining about their situation, in a land that is supposedly free, filled with opportunity. This creates resentment among all parties. The history of this nation is never truthfully told in schools, with some parts of the Caribbean and US Private schools being the exceptions. So those immigrants do not know of the struggle for civil rights, they know nothing of the civil war, they know nothing about the slave trade, nor how racism came to be.
The united states will never come to admit that racism as we know it was created right here by white men, those of whom were afraid of being extinct. Racism never existed in a legal form, until it began in the United States. White people created it. White supremacy had existed in many forms, but racism is America's very own creation.

Immigrants do not know this, and then do not know to acknowledge it, until a cop calls them the Nword while pulling a gun on them.

Right Amadou?

Black is Black.

Aspiring toward white supremacy acceptance is a joke.

Stop making white people comfortable.
You just said a lot (in a good way). There are some parts I don't want to touch, but I do want to underscore how important it is that ALL people of African descent band together and fight for the rights of one another. Black is Black is powerful. It also gets us one step closer to Human is Human - which I believe is the ultimate goal that cannot be achieved until people of all races and creeds are no longer discriminated against.

Don't think it's just an American thing.

I've dated East African women (mainly Somali) before but it never gets more than that because the family is mad traditional. They want their daughters with Somali men, and I'm a Muslim guy and have very similar culture.
This.

The same attitude prevails in many parts of Africa, especially in countries with a high ethnic or religious diversity. Where I'm from, Muslim chicks' families were best avoided unless you were serious about the relationship (and ready to convert). Some immigrants don't just let go of such attitudes when they move abroad.

This.

The same attitude prevails in many parts of Africa, especially in countries with a high ethnic or religious diversity. Where I'm from, Muslim chicks' families were best avoided unless you were serious about the relationship (and ready to convert). Some immigrants don't just let go of such attitudes when they move abroad.

The daughters are more open minded if they were born in Canada or the US or even just raised there but the parents are old school. It is what it is.

Last Somali chick told me she likes me but her parents would disown her if they found out she was dating a non Somali even though I'm Muslim. Tried being just friends but she told me she still had feelings for me and she couldn't just be friends. Sucked cuz shes a good woman but what can you do right?

One of my best female friends is Somali, her mom thought we were dating and would give me the dirtiest looks :lol:

Even in the middle East there's that same mentality and I'm sure other parts of the world as well.

My family open minded though. Pops always told me make sure she a good woman from a good family (used to think this meant a family that has money when I was younger til he told me he means good, genuine people), doesnt matter if she's black, brown, white or purple.

You just said a lot (in a good way). There are some parts I don't want to touch, but I do want to underscore how important it is that ALL people of African descent band together and fight for the rights of one another. Black is Black is powerful. It also gets us one step closer to Human is Human - which I believe is the ultimate goal that cannot be achieved until people of all races and creeds are no longer discriminated against.
I do not care what happens to those that have chosen white over right. Free will. They chose that path. They've made their bed. Deal with it.

What y'all African Americans fail to realize is that most Africans don't have the same experience as their American counterparts.

You have to remember that these classifications are the white man's classifications and are fairly new to the world as a whole.

Africans don't feel anything when it comes to slavery as they never experienced it. They don't have that chip on their shoulder that alot of descendants of slavery carry. Most Africans are prideful and rightfully so.

Being black by law is a person who comes from Africa... if most descendants of slaves aren't African why would they define them selves as the same ?

The daughters are more open minded if they were born in Canada or the US or even just raised there but the parents are old school. It is what it is.

Last Somali chick told me she likes me but her parents would disown her if they found out she was dating a non Somali even though I'm Muslim. Tried being just friends but she told me she still had feelings for me and she couldn't just be friends. Sucked cuz shes a good woman but what can you do right?

One of my best female friends is Somali, her mom thought we were dating and would give me the dirtiest looks :lol:

Even in the middle East there's that same mentality and I'm sure other parts of the world as well.

My family open minded though. Pops always told me make sure she a good woman from a good family (used to think this meant a family that has money when I was younger til he told me he means good, genuine people), doesnt matter if she's black, brown, white or purple.
This is where a women with a back bone needs to tell her parents she’s a grown women and will date who she likes and the parents better get with or kick rocks. Most American women ain’t letting their parents dictate who they date or sleep with. That’s some weak ish.

What y'all African Americans fail to realize is that most Africans don't have the same experience as their American counterparts.

You have to remember that these classifications are the white man's classifications and are fairly new to the world as a whole.

Africans don't feel anything when it comes to slavery as they never experienced it. They don't have that chip on their shoulder that alot of descendants of slavery carry. Most Africans are prideful and rightfully so.

Being black by law is a person who comes from Africa... if most descendants of slaves aren't African why would they define them selves as the same ?
Africa wasn’t colonized??

Back
Top Bottom