songs that The Dream wrote

Didn't know this was an english class
laugh.gif

You knew what I ment so...
eyes.gif

He has said that he writes his lyrics that way because it's catchy & it sticks in your head.
Case and point, it's obviously working.

heard his album, certified trash.
i can't help but laugh when i see/hear this guy sing
laugh.gif

Dream > Ne-Yo
Dream's Album > Ne-Yo
Time's beats > You
"Touch My Body Remix", "I love your Girl" >"All Because of You" and that other crap Ne-Yo puts out

Granted it's not the deep R&B that ya momma and Daddy listen to but its good nonetheless

I saw him do a video interview/feature on defjam.com and he expained his writing process. He writes most of his songs in about 10-15 minutes (such as he didwith Umbrella), so he more or less freestyles the song. He just does a good job communicating the feeling of the song (pause) in catchy ways, he's goodwith harmonies.... you just have to give credit where credit is due.

Obviously it doesn't look great when it is written out, but he writes hits when it comes down to it.

If Mary J Blige and her staff give him almost her entire album to write, then he has to be decent at the least.

Originally Posted by duckfan35

I saw him do a video interview/feature on defjam.com and he expained his writing process. He writes most of his songs in about 10-15 minutes (such as he did with Umbrella), so he more or less freestyles the song. He just does a good job communicating the feeling of the song (pause) in catchy ways, he's good with harmonies.... you just have to give credit where credit is due.

Obviously it doesn't look great when it is written out, but he writes hits when it comes down to it.

If Mary J Blige and her staff give him almost her entire album to write, then he has to be decent at the least.

basically summed it up
i used to hate this dude but i love "I Love Your Girl"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

If you don't like Falsetto, I Love Your Girl, Purple Kisses, and Shawty is the %!%%...you're wrong.
add NIKKI to that list also. His CD +%$!#*$ knocks he may not have the best voice but has hits on there.

Other then Moving Mountains and Mary J CD the songs on that list are kind of EH

Dream > Ne-Yo
Dream's Album > Ne-Yo
Time's beats > You
"Touch My Body Remix", "I love your Girl" >"All Because of You" and that other crap Ne-Yo puts out
loved dreams album and everything, but lets not go overboard.

In my own words > Dream's album

Originally Posted by zona0924

His lyrics could be as simple as they want but it's no way I'm saying Dream CD was any less than piffery..
i agree i lister to this album all the time since i got it more then any rap album released rhis year

Back
Top Bottom