Soooo The Recession is it Jeezy's best?

Beats, wordplay, lyrics yes lyrics, flow...the album goes hard.

It has the classic buzz around it, not many features, and it was just something different about it than the other Jeezy albums.

When it camed out I said it's no way Jeezy can do better than this album, he can only equal it or under it.

I know this probably has been discussed already, butI want to know, what yall think...Is Recessin Jeezy's best?

Ironic that it's his lowest selling album.

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Have you listened to TM101?

If thug motivation 101 is a classic, then why is the recession not a classic

I agree OP, The Recession is his best work.

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Recession isn't even his 2nd best album.

1.Recession

2.TM101

3.The Inspiration

wink.gif

Originally Posted by retrowear23

Beats, wordplay, lyrics yes lyrics, flow...the album goes hard.

It has the classic buzz around it, not many features, and it was just something different about it than the other Jeezy albums.

When it camed out I said it's no way Jeezy can do better than this album, he can only equal it or under it.

I know this probably has been discussed already, butI want to know, what yall think...Is Recessin Jeezy's worst?

Ironic that it's his lowest selling album.
Fixed.

I'm not putting Thug Motivation down or anything, but look at his lyrics on Recession.

All his rhymes made sense and he had a point to what he was spittin about. On Motivation he was reaching out to street dudes, on Recession he kept it hood andproved the critics wrong.

It's my favorite Jeezy album. A grip of people weren't !@%!%$ with it though. My +#%!% did his thing though.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

It's my favorite Jeezy album. A grip of people weren't !@%!%$ with it though. My +#%!% did his thing though.
Didnt he?

Put that pad and pencil down and went inn on that project.

Absolutely not... The Inspiration IMO is his best work

best production.. Other than his first effort it's the most cohesive

Recession is his best lyrically, TM101 is his best overall because of the impact it made and sound it brought to the masses. Recession while still a greatalbum seemed like he was trying to duplicate TM101.

All 3 of his albums get constant play from me though
pimp.gif
(Inspiration is highly slept on)

Originally Posted by Jules300

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Recession isn't even his 2nd best album.

1.Recession

2.TM101

3.The Inspiration

wink.gif
Lyrically

1.Recession

2.The Inspiration

3.TM101

4.Trap or Die

Overall

1.Trap or Die

2.TM101

3.The Inspiration

4.Recession

The Recession is a damn good album, but it's not touchin TM 101 imo.

While the lyrics and wordplay improved by this album, it just didn't have the feel or presence that TM 101 had to me.

The production on both albums were excellent also btw

Back
Top Bottom