Speaking Of Purses: Would You Buy Your Woman A $600+ Purse?

I bought my ex a $850 LV for Christmas.  She left me at the end of January
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by RKO2004

If I had it like that, and at the point of engagement or marriage with my girl would be the only situation I'd do that in. A purse is something I wouldn't want to buy anyway. They suck and they just hold stuff. Put it towards a 3D TV.

smh.gif

What?

I would buy these things for my wife only because she doesn't expect/demand them.

Thank god she isn't insecure to the point that she needs these things to feel good about herself.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I would buy these things for my wife only because she doesn't expect/demand them.

Thank god she isn't insecure to the point that she needs these things to feel good about herself.
why do they have to be insecure to want luxury items?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Throw out a few things and I will tell you if I would. I can't think of what I would/wouldn't do.

The only thing off of the top of my head is a trip. That is one of the only things that I can justify the high price tag.

Super expensive clothes, shoes, jewelry, purses, if she wants it she can buy it on her own. Even if it is a birthday or any other occasion.

Maybe that is why gift giving has been such a headache for me and why I usually resort to non-material things as gifts. (Like events).
Doesn't that basically eliminate most of the things that you can buy a woman?

What about electronics.  Like an expensive phone. 

How about a piece of art?

Concert tickets?  (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc)

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by HOVKid

My wife has multiple pairs of shoes that cost over $600/pair - Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik and Christian Leboutin

As far as pocketbooks go, I don't think my wife has any that cost less than $800.  I once bought her a bag from a company called Bellenciaga that cost $1,800.  She also just got some Louis Vitton (sp?) bag that cost $1,600.

Actually, I think she bought some vintage Gucci clutch thing (no handles, you just hold it) from the 70's for like $600.

smh.gif

dude make it sound like..."yeah i bought some car i'd never heard of...its a myback?"
roll.gif
If dude can drop $1.800 on a PURSE for his WIFE, you think he cares what the name of the designer is?
You only nitpick the spelling because you broke.

thats the damn truth, most people on here can't afford it and just hate and pass judgement on others

to answer your question, yes.

just think about it like this. imagine you have something you want to buy that caters to your hobby, whether it be fashion, music, cars, sports, whatever. now imagine coming home and seeing that on your bed with a red bow on it because your girl got it for you.

isn't that a great feeling? wouldn't you be extremely happy at that very moment? isn't that what it's all about? the answer is yes to all three questions.

hopefully you can now understand why buying a purse for a woman makes her happy, because almost everyone is materialistic. there are people out there who claim they don't care of materialistic desires and some of them are right, but those people are RARE. everyone has something they want to get their hands on to get their material fix. this is innate in humans.

laugh.gif
That's one hell of a blanket statement there sir.  Sure, some people may buy trendy items to feel like they belong, or to fit in but I'd bet the vast majority of people base their purchases on.. liking it.  Go figure.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

If by "woman" you mean would I buy myself one? Hell yes. I love handbags. TPF woot.

Would I buy my husband an equally $$ gift? Yep.

laugh.gif
I'm on TPF too (no mo), but they always come through with solid info.To answer OP's question, Yes I will and have. Not a big deal. She would spend $600+ on golf stuff for me if she knew I really wanted it.

I wouldn't be with a girl who was that materialistic.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Throw out a few things and I will tell you if I would. I can't think of what I would/wouldn't do.

The only thing off of the top of my head is a trip. That is one of the only things that I can justify the high price tag.

Super expensive clothes, shoes, jewelry, purses, if she wants it she can buy it on her own. Even if it is a birthday or any other occasion.

Maybe that is why gift giving has been such a headache for me and why I usually resort to non-material things as gifts. (Like events).
Doesn't that basically eliminate most of the things that you can buy a woman?

What about electronics.  Like an expensive phone. 

How about a piece of art?

Concert tickets?  (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc)

Yea it does eliminate most things that you can buy a female. Add the fact that we are speaking of LUXURY items, it makes it even more of a non-buy for me. If she wants those things, she will buy them.

I hold events in a higher regard than designer clothes. So concert tickets I would do.

Electronics, I could do because of the direct entertainment value that comes with them.

Expensive Art? I am not of that level to understand the importance in expensive art. Maybe I will never get to that level but to me art is art. Again, something of little to no value to me

Why does DC always come up with a predicament he will probably NEVER be in since he spends all his time drafting them on NT anyway?

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

why do they have to be insecure to want luxury items?
Maybe it's just ppl that I've noticed.  Seems like they go outtta their way to let you know who made it and how much it cost.  Sure not everyone is like that,  but it seems like mosst ppl I've encountered that are into that "high" fashion type stuff are.

Back
Top Bottom