Speaking Of Purses: Would You Buy Your Woman A $600+ Purse?

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I was taught to appreciate the value of a dollar and $600 on a purse is ridiculous. Luxury items? Whats luxurious about them? I don't by myself things like this and would never buy a girl one. What a waste of money. DC is right that money could go somewhere else. This is all just my opinion> Whatever you guys do with your money is your business.

Whatever others do with their money, that is their prerogative. 

I am just so simple. I do not like to own brand names or luxury items and shy away from materialism because it is just so vain and vapid to me. I see no interest in a purse that is that much money for me just because of its brand name. Why is it that a brand name all of a sudden brings up your status? Capitalism, greed, wealth, luxury are the root of so much evil in this world.

When we immigrated to Canada, we were quite poor for a while. I did not used to get the nicest clothes or coolest toys, but I seriously never ever felt or even knew we were so poor. My parents with that much little money, gave us so much love and care and worked so hard to give us what is more valuable to the point I never ever felt poverty in my house. That is why to this day I am so careful with how I spend my money and spend on what I think is worth it. I like to keep in touch with that humbleness and simplicity I grew up with. 

As corny as it sounds, if I want to feel "rich", I will just count the things that I have that money cannot buy. 

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I was taught to appreciate the value of a dollar and $600 on a purse is ridiculous. Luxury items? Whats luxurious about them? I don't by myself things like this and would never buy a girl one. What a waste of money. DC is right that money could go somewhere else. This is all just my opinion> Whatever you guys do with your money is your business.

I am just so simple. I do not like to own brand names or luxury items and shy away from materialism because it is just so vain and vapid to me. I see no interest in a purse that is that much money for me just because of its brand name. Why is it that a brand name all of a sudden brings up your status? Capitalism, greed, wealth, luxury are the root of so much evil in this world.

When we immigrated to Canada, we were quite poor for a while. I did not used to get the nicest clothes or coolest toys, but I seriously never ever felt or even knew we were so poor. My parents with that much little money, gave us so much love and care and worked so hard to give us what is more valuable to the point I never ever felt poverty in my house. That is why to this day I am so careful with how I spend my money and spend on what I think is worth it. I like to keep in touch with that humbleness and simplicity I grew up with. 

As corny as it sounds, if I want to feel "rich", I will just count the things that I have that money cannot buy. 

What brand computer u using?

SidLugar, log off or answer my post. Stop discussing this topic; you have nothing substantial to offer. Knew you were talking out of your #%+

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

What brand computer u using?
don't spoil it n'
smh.gif
........she probably posted that from the library
smile.gif

But yeah... i can definitely respect that mindset. Even though i was spoiled stupid as a kid, as i matured i started to see things in a similar light.

I LOVE a woman who is able to put what's important into perspective. Hat's off to you

Why are you colored people picking on Sid Lugar man? I never did anything wrong. I'm just a colored man expressing myself

you need to take your simple !## back to 1950. 

You must not be able to read. I said we are all colored people

Log your broke !** off of life. Your even more inept then i originally thought.

I really feel sad for cats when they start saying this stuff.  Just because you buy luxuries doesn't make you vain or anything else.  If that's not you cool but trying to poo poo on others by saying stuff like people are vain, low self esteem, etc makes it seem like you are a hater/(imo)the person that fits your own example.  It's not just the person who I quoted but people in general and I seriously don't get it.  I never knew that if you had money you wouldn't be humble anymore.

As far as the question I would buy my mom, sister, and girl a gift like that.  I would do it because if that's what they like I would like to get it for them.  My mom isn't into that but sis and girl are and it doesn't hurt my pocket so why not.  They would do the same for me so I have no problem reciprocating.

Back
Top Bottom