Speaking Of Purses: Would You Buy Your Woman A $600+ Purse?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by Nawth21

If by "woman" you mean would I buy myself one? Hell yes. I love handbags. TPF woot.

Would I buy my husband an equally $$ gift? Yep.

laugh.gif
I'm on TPF too (no mo), but they always come through with solid info.To answer OP's question, Yes I will and have. Not a big deal. She would spend $600+ on golf stuff for me if she knew I really wanted it.

how is it a blanket statement he's talking about his girl he hasn't made a eneralization about her either

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Lucky for me my wife is not really into high end super expensive handbags. The most she will typically spend is around $500-600 (I got a keeper). When we were in Italy last month for our honeymoon I wanted to buy her a nice bag so we hit up Gucci, Bottega Venata, and a couple other spots but ultimately she couldn't bring herself to allow me to spend $2K on a bag. She said there was so much other stuff that we could do with that money instead of getting a damn purse.
pimp.gif
Good woman

this makes here a good woman??? DC you're full of %+#%, not sure what type of frugal life you life but how does this equate to a good woman? She's good because she helps you live on a budget?

Hell no. Only thing ill buy for my girl that costs that much or more will be a ring. Before that, not happening.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Hell no. Only thing ill buy for my girl that costs that much or more will be a ring. Before that, not happening.

Truth.

After the ring; yes. Before;
roll.gif

I know everyone got different financial situations, but I hope you plan on spending more than 6 bills for an engagement ring.

If she asked for a $600 purse, I'd do like Cam says. I'd grab her by the neck, tell her to sit her !%! down, read a book and be glad that she friggin knows me!

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Lucky for me my wife is not really into high end super expensive handbags. The most she will typically spend is around $500-600 (I got a keeper). When we were in Italy last month for our honeymoon I wanted to buy her a nice bag so we hit up Gucci, Bottega Venata, and a couple other spots but ultimately she couldn't bring herself to allow me to spend $2K on a bag. She said there was so much other stuff that we could do with that money instead of getting a damn purse.
pimp.gif
Good woman

this makes here a good woman??? DC you're full of %+#%, not sure what type of frugal life you life but how does this equate to a good woman? She's good because she helps you live on a budget?
I think she's a good woman because she was considerate of THEIR needs as opposed to her wants.  DC's reasons may be different from mine or not.

As far as buying a $600 bag, I would even though I don't buy things like that for myself.  I'm not gonna be told I should though.  I'm gonna do it because I want to and she deserves it.

I know everyone got different financial situations, but I hope you plan on spending more than 6 bills for an engagement ring.

Nah I was just saying that I wouldn't spend that much BEFORE the ring.  I plan on spending some G's on a ring.

Not yet though
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

My bf has purchased me $600+ gifts, and I've returned the gesture. I love purses, and he loves baseball collectibles. If we can afford it, why not? As long as we are being responsible financially (i.e. not dropping $600 on something with only $800 in savings...smh), it's all good.

I was taught to appreciate the value of a dollar and $600 on a purse is ridiculous. Luxury items? Whats luxurious about them? I don't by myself things like this and would never buy a girl one. What a waste of money. DC is right that money could go somewhere else. This is all just my opinion> Whatever you guys do with your money is your business.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I was taught to appreciate the value of a dollar and $600 on a purse is ridiculous. Luxury items? Whats luxurious about them? I don't by myself things like this and would never buy a girl one. What a waste of money. DC is right that money could go somewhere else. This is all just my opinion> Whatever you guys do with your money is your business.

Yup, we got starving children and colored people want to go get 600 dollar bags or 1500 man purses

We are all coloreds. Some are white, some are black, some are yellow. I've noticed you guys are thinking when I say coloreds im being racist. To me and people in my urea, colored is another way of saying folk or people.

Back
Top Bottom