Marvel Video Games Thread :: Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Out Now!

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
Spider-man-ps4-box-art.jpg

Plot:

Peter Parker is 23 years old and interning at a laboratory while about to graduate from college. Peter has been Spider-Man for eight years and has settled into his role as protector of New York City. Early in the story, Spider-Man defeats Wilson Fisk. Afterwards, a new gang emerges known as the Inner Demons who are now taking over Fisk's territory. Spider-Man then arrives at a construction site owned by Kingpin and must defend Kingpin's men who are under attack by the Inner Demons. While fending off the Inner Demons from the construction site, Peter learns that Martin Li, one of New York's most prominent philanthropists leads the Inner Demons under his alter-ego Mister Negative. Martin runs the F.E.A.S.T. shelters located across the city which complicates things for Peter's personal life as his Aunt May works at F.E.A.S.T.

Gameplay:

Spider-Man is an action-adventure game set in an open world modern-day New York City and played from a third-person perspective. The player will be able to use Spider-Man's abilities such as web slinging and wall-crawling as well as new gameplay elements, one of which will be the ability to traverse using parkour, and the crafting and use of gadgets and alternative suits with special powers. Environmental combat, quick time events and stealth will also be featured in the game. Peter Parker (outside of his Spider-Man suit) will be playable in parts of the game and Mary Jane Watson will be playable in "key moments" of the game.

Characters:

In addition to Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson, Miles Morales, Aunt May, Norman Osborn, and Black Cat will appear in the game. Numerous villains originating in Spider-Man and other Marvel comics will also appear including Mister Negative, Kingpin, Shocker, and Taskmaster.

I’ve been obsessing over this game since E3 2016. I NEED this game. Haven’t had my open world Spider-Man fix since Web of Shadows which is INSANELY underrated. The Shattered Dimenstions and Edge of Time were decent. Amazing Spider-Man 1 was ok. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was....less than ok. This is the one. I can feel it.

Just curious but can Spidey 'walk' around the city or is he relegated to web slinging?

Thought about it since I only have the slim, but idk.. the controller is kind of lame but the console is fye

I’m so ready for this game. Pass on the PS4 pro though. That analog and buttons on the controller are gonna look gross after 6 months

Back
Top Bottom