Spike Lee's CHIRAQ trailer

Spike been fallen off. Guy drank his own Kool-Aid and now he believes he can do no wrong.

Extremely exploitative.

Not even going even get started on how son uses the same material he uses at High Schools for Colleges at speaking engagements. Guy don't give a **** man he just in it for the bread at this point.

But hey, his classic **** will always be appreciated. At one time he was a genius and a true activist.

Your comments are so absurd from top to bottom I don't know where to begin.

So this is a discussion criticizing it by people who haven't seen the movie? Who pretty much have no idea what it's about beyond the name and a trailer?

:lol:

Your comments are so absurd from top to bottom I don't know where to begin.

Okay have you ever been to a Spike Lee speaking engagement? Have you? Son is outright rude. Dude was talking to a predominately black crowd (it was at ASU but mostly black students showed up) and talking to them like they were freshmen in High School b. You can tell son didn't personalize any of his speech. Soon as he was done he dipped, didn't shake nobodies hands or meet any of the students.

And its true, his films/docs have taken a huge step back. Guy just doesn't have it.

If you're just going to be a stan, fine, but don't talk unless you can disprove me.

That's exactly the type of movie they don't need

Sure they do, folks need to see exactly what life is like out there. It needs to be a sobering reality check for America, that this kind of violence is happening in a major American city.

Okay have you ever been to a Spike Lee speaking engagement? Have you? Son is outright rude. Dude was talking to a predominately black crowd (it was at ASU but mostly black students showed up) and talking to them like they were freshmen in High School b. You can tell son didn't personalize any of his speech. Soon as he was done he dipped, didn't shake nobodies hands or meet any of the students.

And its true, his films/docs have taken a huge step back. Guy just doesn't have it.

If you're just going to be a stan, fine, but don't talk unless you can disprove me.

It's hard for me to take YOU serious, when you don't even know the meaning of the word exploitative.

Sure they do, folks need to see exactly what life is like out there. It needs to be a sobering reality check for America, that this kind of violence is happening in a major American city.

I suggest you see the movie. You'll feel foolish.

It's hard for me to take YOU serious, when you don't even know the meaning of the word exploitative.
I suggest you see the movie. You'll feel foolish.

I wasn't talking about this movie, I'm talking about him b. I haven't seen the movie. Any guy who goes around charging to talk at Universities and doesn't even care to actually make a connection with his fans and supporters is exploitative.

Get out your feels b.

So this is a discussion criticizing it by people who haven't seen the movie? Who pretty much have no idea what it's about beyond the name and a trailer?

No. This was a thread of ppl mostly reacting negatively to the trailer.

I mean look at the thread starter date. Of course no one saw the movie then.

In most movie threads where the trailer is posted before the movie comes out it's filled with posts about the trailer, the actors, and what the movie is about.

That's just how it is.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about this movie, I'm talking about him b. I haven't seen the movie. Any guy who goes around charging to talk at Universities and doesn't even care to actually make a connection with his fans and supporters is exploitative.

Get out your feels b.

Get out of my feels?

You've been whining and crying since you first started posting, upset because he didn't shake your hand. :lol:

Your post don't even have anything to do with the movie.

That's exactly the type of movie they don't need

Which folks though?

I mean it worked in the 90s for sure from west to east coast from rap to movies but with America the way it is today I'm not sure how sobering it'll be.

Sometimes when it comes to Chicago I get the feeling a lot more ppl are aware of what's going on there and just don't care. On some let them figure it out steez.

No. This was a thread of ppl mostly reacting negatively to the trailer.

I mean look at the thread starter date. Of course no one saw the movie then.

In most movie threads where the trailer is posted before the movie comes out it's filled with posts about the trailer, the actors, and what the movie is about.

That's just how it is.

I only read the post from the past two days. None have actually been about the movie.

Son is in his feels something fierce.

Men say the word fierce?

No wonder you're so emotional.

Get out of my feels?

You've been whining and crying since you first started posting, upset because he didn't shake your hand. :lol:

Your post don't even have anything to do with the movie

Something that clearly flew over your head. Folks were talking about how he has been on the decline, I was adding to that and offering my personal experience.

And I was in the nosebleed section, wasn't expecting to meet him anyways Most students were upset with him.

I don't think a lot of NTers have even seen it since it came out.

I'm assuming you did. So that's you, Lucky, and Al's sister :lol: and she thought it sucked.

From what I gathered from the earlier posts, guys don't want to see it cuz of the trailer and w/e first impression they formed about the movie.

Men say the word fierce?

No wonder you're so emotional.

Um yes. You serious? Its been a figure of speech for decades. You insecure or some **** b?

In fact its mostly older folks who use the term. You acting mad hurt b. Grab a snickers bar son.

Which folks though?

I mean it worked in the 90s for sure from west to east coast from rap to movies but with America the way it is today I'm not sure how sobering it'll be.

Sometimes when it comes to Chicago I get the feeling a lot more ppl are aware of what's going on there and just don't care. On some let them figure it out steez.

This movie isn't just limited to Chicago, it applies to most urban cities and speaks on a lot of the why.

A lot of people won't like this movie, because it requires you to think. A lot of people require stuff to be spoon fed to them, like in a documentary. I think that's what a lot of people expected when they saw the trailer.

Still, this movie is pretty weighty and preachy. So it's going to be a lot of either or. Leaving the movie, you'd have to be brain dead not to get the message though, because Spike ran down a check list of points to bring up.

Because leaving that movie people should be discussing the points he brought up, but too many of us are easily distracted.

Um yes. You serious? Its been a figure of speech for decades. You insecure or some **** b?

In fact its mostly older folks who use the term. You acting mad hurt b. Grab a snickers bar son.

I'm one of the older people on NT, and have never ever heard straight men say the word fierce kid. Are these older men on Americas Next Top Model?

Grab a snickers bar? pause?

And are you from New York? I feel like I'm watching a Quentin Tarantino movie.

You're trying too hard.

I don't think a lot of NTers have even seen it since it came out.

I'm assuming you did. So that's you, Lucky, and Al's sister :lol: and she thought it sucked.

From what I gathered from the earlier posts, guys don't want to see it cuz of the trailer and w/e first impression they formed about the movie.

Well the movie even opening in limited theaters just had his best opening in 15 years.

And also has had it's best reviews.

I'm one of the older people on NT, and have never ever heard straight men say the word fierce kid. Are these older men on Americas Next Top Model?

Grab a snickers bar? pause?

And are you from New York? I feel like I'm watching a Quentin Tarantino movie.

You're trying too hard.
Well the movie even opening in limited theaters just had his best opening in 15 years.

And also has had it's best reviews.

Your ignorance is showing.

And I can see how your insecure bigoted mind works

Anytime someone utters fierce YOU associate it with gay people.

But when MOST people use the term "something fierce", they use it to describe something that is happening in an extreme fashion.

"Like damn, it's snowing something fierce outside".

But hey, thanks for this discourse. Gave me some insight on how ignorant and potentially bigoted you are.

And what? You never seen a Snickers commercial? :lol:

You need to grab you a snickers b, you act like a straight ***** when you're hungry.

Last edited:
Your ignorance is showing.

And I can see how your insecure bigoted mind works

Anytime someone utters fierce YOU associate it with gay people.

But when MOST people use the term "something fierce", they use it to describe something that is happening in an extreme fashion.

"Like damn, it's snowing something fierce outside".

But hey, thanks for this discourse. Gave me some insight on how ignorant and potentially bigoted you are.

I'm actually wondering why someone who has been emotional, ranting and raving since he first started posting about some speech he gave which has absolutely nothing to do with the movie can have the gall to say someone else is in their "feels"?

Most people who have interacted with him, know Spike is a dickhead, that has nothing to do with the movie.

and I'm glad you got rid of the Stitches act, son.

Exactly what he's saying. Son needs some Kleenex STAT bruh, who hurt this man b? Spike your god father son? Golly.

Maybe I spoke too soon :smh:

Last edited:
"You said fierce you must be gay"

Exactly what he's saying. Son needs some Kleenex STAT bruh, who hurt this man b? Spike your god father son? Golly.
:lol: I'm laughing at you saying golly though.

Which folks though?

This movie isn't just limited to Chicago, it applies to most urban cities and speaks on a lot of the why.

A lot of people won't like this movie, because it requires you to think. A lot of people require stuff to be spoon fed to them, like in a documentary. I think that's what a lot of people expected when they saw the trailer.

Still, this movie is pretty weighty and preachy. So it's going to be a lot of either or. Leaving the movie, you'd have to be brain dead not to get the message though, because Spike ran down a check list of points to bring up.

Because leaving that movie people should be discussing the points he brought up, but too many of us are easily distracted.
I can agree it's probably Spike's intent to make it a metaphor for any major city with these problems but then what I said can kinda still apply. How many times does a wake up call need to be presented to the masses in this format until something is done about it? or there's change just so that after a decade and some change things degrade back to mass violence and senseless death?

I'm actually wondering why someone who has been emotional, ranting and raving since he first started posting about some speech he gave which has absolutely nothing to do with the movie can have the gall to say someone else is in their "feels"?

Most people who have interacted with him, know Spike is a dickhead, that has nothing to do with the movie.

and I'm glad you got rid of the Stitches act, son.
Maybe I spoke too soon :smh:

Stitches act? Um okay.

Again I was simply adding to what others were saying about Spike based on my own experience.

You clearly on some butthurt ****. IDK why, maybe I said something to you in the past and you've been carrying it since, but since the moment I've entered the thread you've been taking me out of context and acting super hurt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom