[:: SPURS (4) vs. LAKERS (0) 1st Round Thread | Spurs Win, Congrats ::]

What Will Be The Outcome of This Series?

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Lakers in 4

• Lakers in 5

• Lakers in 6

• Lakers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to be clear , I am also a proponent of the team>player mindset. Players come and go. but the team is forever. I've always thought this and have said it several times on here. If Tim Duncan left back in 2001 I would still want him to do well but best believe that I wouldnt be rooting for him over Los Spurs. When Tim Duncan retires and Steph Curry takes the reigns as my favorite player in the league, he still will not become a priority over the Spurs winning.
No one is going to take the Spurs' achievements over the Lakers from '99 to present day, that's just a joke. Spurs' case is indefensible.
Obviously, 5 championships outweighs 4. No one can deny this.

The way I look at it, Spurs did a better job with what they were given. Small market team winning 4 championships in the span they did is unheard of in the NBA. They never land any superstars in trades, never acquire any big names in free agency, have good management, best coach in the NBA, and have a great system overall. The Lakers have always been in a much better situation to succeed since 99, and have done that. But the Spurs have overachieved big time and are still doing that to this day.
You guys really think that this 50 win season thing is that unimportant? That can be enough to sway a person IMO. Consistency is something to marvel at especially since we did it in a small market. Merton is right on the money with his assessment of the two teams since 99.

Today is the big day, cant wait Bart Scott gif.

Last edited:
do they hand out rings and championship banners for 50 win seasons now?
naw... they hand them out whrn you win the finals...

People still have this thing of Kobe winning 5 rings as the leader. :lol:

As if when the first three came, hr wasn't replaceable, and how when shaq left, he was right along the likes of tmac, Paul pierce, Carmelo early in his career, etc:

Scored a ton of points while the team barely made the playoffs and got bounced in the first round.

I guess y'all give Tim tebow 3 national championships and Steve young that extra super bowl when he was behind Joe Montana.

:rolleyes :lol:

People still have this thing of Kobe winning 5 rings as the leader. :lol:

As if when the first three came, hr wasn't replaceable, and how when shaq left, he was right along the likes of tmac, Paul pierce, Carmelo early in his career, etc:

Scored a ton of points while the team barely made the playoffs and got bounced in the first round.

I guess y'all give Tim tebow 3 national championships and Steve young that extra super bowl when he was behind Joe Montana.

:rolleyes :lol:

stay in the General.

50 win seasons are not that impressive. I think 60+ are worth mentioning, but even then no one cares that you won 60 games or more if you didn't make a deep push in the playoffs.

People still have this thing of Kobe winning 5 rings as the leader.
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
why do you keep talking about kobe, he isnt even playing in this series. as i have said before kobe's career with the lakers has resulted in more championships than the history of the spurs. you can replace "kobe" with "derick fisher" or "phil jackson" and its the same thing, bottom line is the LAKERS TEAM has won more than the SPURS TEAM.

the only way i see lakers losing is due to injury and/or mda lack of coaching ability poor rotation etc....

This spurs team is superior in terms of coaching, team chemistry etc. But I don't find them intimidating, like they look very vulnerable compared to the other higher seed teams. :rolleyes

LOL :smh: at them not calling the foul on the other end, Dwight held Parker's arm the entire time :lol:

The refs have swallowed the whistles. Steve Blake out there playing that there prison ball. That was a clean block though.

Back
Top Bottom