Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My biggest problem with this new trilogy...

...is nothing changed...The original characters never progressed beyond where they were at the end of ROTJ...Han was still a smuggler, Leia was still leader of the resistance / rebel forces, and Luke was still conflicted about what he should be doing with his powers...The Empire re-branded and carried on all business as usual and such...

I can understand wanting a new generation of films to appeal to this new generations audience...But why not just set the story 200 years in the future if all your going to do is kill off the original cast to help prop up the new cast...Especially if your showing that they’ve had literally no growth in the past 30 years...It’s basically saying these characters succeeded at nothing...Kind of cheapens the original trilogy if you ask me...

Han was bout that life. For decades.

TFA was always some warmed up reheated rehash by JJ. That's what he does.

Expect the same for IX.

Seems a lot of yall got sold a bridge in Brooklyn.

kylo and rey? I don't mess with that. If it was Finn and rey there would be an outrage but her and the villain is cool

01128290-87D5-4332-9389-E744F6797072.jpeg

Somehow my friend got drunk and ordered us all tickets for 8 AM on Sunday instead of 8 PM :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

And of course the rest of the shows are sold out now :stoneface:

We're making sure he pays for lunch for this bull @#$@

Just had a friend over seas record the film in its entirety and send it to me. I still have my ticket for tomorrow night for IMAX but I’m already having second thoughts on seeing it again...

The crazy thing is, I understand what Rian was TRYING to do. Visually, this film is somewhat of a masterpiece. There are certain scenes that are breathtaking. Snoke’s whole throne room scene is like something out of an LSD-trip while watching an anime. The divisiveness of the film comes from Rian Johnson’s direction that you’ll either understand immediately or your won’t. He makes the film EXTREMELY meta. Almost like a Saturday morning cartoon that’s aware of itself. Adam Driver delivers probably the most meta and poignant speech of the series that brings you to a realization as a fan that this isn’t the Star Wars you thought you knew nor you expected. It’s brilliant in a sense yet immensely depressing when you realize that this film is making you let go of anything you expected. It’s why Rian Johnson chose to amp up this gritty take for the OT3 after RotJ. Rian made a grave error in thinking that the emotional attachment these characters create could be curtailed. Combine that with lazy writing and edginess for the sake of being edgy and you have the most disappointing Star Wars film thus far. Not in its execution mind you, but because of pointless liberties at the expense of squandered potential. I’m still speechless.

That's what they calling torrents or streaming services these days? :lol:

:lol: I tried to find the movie online but could only get snippets. I now have a pretty decent quality sent to my phone that I played off my Apple TV. I feel sneaky.

Somehow my friend got drunk and ordered us all tickets for 8 AM on Sunday instead of 8 PM :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

And of course the rest of the shows are sold out now :stoneface:

We're making sure he pays for lunch for this bull @#$@
I rather go to the movie in the morning. I usually attending the 8:30-9:30 showing. But I feel you on your boy ****ing up

I rather go to the movie in the morning. I usually attending the 8:30-9:30 showing. But I feel you on your boy ****ing up

Are there long lines for Star Wars movies at that time? I normally wake up at 6 during weekdays, so having to do so on a weekend is torture :lol:

Just had a friend over seas record the film in its entirety and send it to me. I still have my ticket for tomorrow night for IMAX but I’m already having second thoughts on seeing it again...

The crazy thing is, I understand what Rian was TRYING to do. Visually, this film is somewhat of a masterpiece. There are certain scenes that are breathtaking. Snoke’s whole throne room scene is like something out of an LSD-trip while watching an anime. The divisiveness of the film comes from Rian Johnson’s direction that you’ll either understand immediately or your won’t. He makes the film EXTREMELY meta. Almost like a Saturday morning cartoon that’s aware of itself. Adam Driver delivers probably the most meta and poignant speech of the series that brings you to a realization as a fan that this isn’t the Star Wars you thought you knew nor you expected. It’s brilliant in a sense yet immensely depressing when you realize that this film is making you let go of anything you expected. It’s why Rian Johnson chose to amp up this gritty take for the OT3 after RotJ. Rian made a grave error in thinking that the emotional attachment these characters create could be curtailed. Combine that with lazy writing and edginess for the sake of being edgy and you have the most disappointing Star Wars film thus far. Not in its execution mind you, but because of pointless liberties at the expense of squandered potential. I’m still speechless.
EXACTLY!

To put it blankly...On the surface it looks like a masterpiece...But once you really start watching and paying attention you realize that they’ve literally taken away everything Star Wars about the movie...

On the Kylo thing...Short of turning to face the camera and winking at the audience, He says a couple things that are directly aimed at the viewer...

“Laser sword”...Snoke’s rant to Rey...A certain item (Arguably the macguffin from Episode 7) being broken in half...etc...etc...etc...

Meta indeed

I’m convinced Rian wrote this movie with the intent on changing Star Wars for no other reason than to, well, CHANGE Star Wars...It’s like they took those complaints that TFA got about being a carbon copy of Episode 4 and said “well we’ll show them”...This movie was made in spite of Star Wars fans, not for them...

I saw an article where Rian Johnson said he was a mega fan of Star Wars in his youth...I say he’s a liar...

Just came home from seeing it. I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but I thought it was average at best. Visuals are truly spectacular but aside from that it was just kind of forgettable to me and some sequences annoyed me quite a bit. I thought it started off really well and then just gradually declined. Didn't like the execution of much of the late parts involving the main characters. I went to see it with 3 of my friends, 1 of them being a huge Star Wars fan, but all of us had the same conclusion at the end.

Last edited:
the thing why i am so angry with this film....it looks awesome....it has some really awesome moments....but aside from that there is much more stupid bull**** than good stuff, and you kinda just wonder why....just why?

Back
Top Bottom