Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol: Oh man. I ignored one but with more ppl replying after seeing the movie I feel like I'm in the DCEU thread :lol:

:lol: Oh man. I ignored one but with more ppl replying after seeing the movie I feel like I'm in the DCEU thread :lol:

Ironically, sans the reviews there’s some parallels to BvS. I feel like episode 9 will have a Justice League type reaction to it as well.

Ironically, sans the reviews there’s some parallels to BvS. I feel like episode 9 will have a Justice League type reaction to it as well.

Without any of the OT cast in meaningful roles, Episode 9 is going to be a tough sell anyways...Add an alienated fan base on top of that?

Disney better plan the next installment out very carefully...

Very casual fan here. I liked TFA. Hated Rogue 1. Kinda surprised by the bad worth of mouth in this thread so far

It's a 94 so far on RT

I do want to see this movie but maybe I'll see Coco first.

I been reading somewhat good things, seems like it didn't quite reach the high bar of the franchise more than was a flop. I got a feeling Disney worked their way of getting the major consumers of their product to want, while keeping their parents either distracted or satisfied. And yes, go see coco. It was good.

Loved the movie. Came to the movie without reading any reviews/predictions, no forums, and by only watching the trailer once. I only had one expectation tho..

-When the official poster came out, I read rumors that Luke was gonna be on the dark side so I expected something to go down.
-I really think this was better than TFA, just cause TFA was more of a nostalgic movie
-they killed snoke way too early in the series. we didnt even get to see his full potential
-the fight scene right after snoke died was :pimp:
-i wonder where rey will get her lightsaber on the next ep.
-anybody else notice that kid in the last scene use the force to get the broom :nerd:

this might be my first post in a looooong time. couldn't resist visiting the NT star wars thread

Just got back... reading the older posts now. :lol: folks freaking out a bit.

Ok, first off, I enjoyed it... enjoyed it more than TFA. And the visuals were awesome.
I won't try to dissect too much into it for now cuz I wanna calm down first and watch it again.
Having said that, while I'm sad/disappointed Luke died... it seemed like he was content with it. He had made his peace with one final use of the Force, going all-in with his powers, to help save Leia and the Rebellion. I do have a feeling we'll see him in Episode IX.

Other tidbits...
-That whole bit with Leia using the Force to get back to the ship... Not sure how I felt about that.
-That scene with using the Hyperdrive to destroy the FO fleet was awesome... and the use of silence just added to it.
-Did not expect Snoke to go so doon... as well as Phasma.
-The throne-room fight scene was awesome as well. Cool to see "Royal" Praetorian guards who can actually fight.
-When they destroyed Luke's saber, you could see the Kyber crystal... surely she'll be using that for her saber?
-Rose got a lot of hate when she was cast, but I liked her character...
-Benicio made it out of there, right?
-As for the whole hologram-Luke... I'm willing to accept that it's possible. The Force and it's uses can evolve... Luke read thru the page-turning texts and could have learned a thing or two there. Ben didn't stop to think why Luke had a blue saber?
-Yoda!
-That Falcon run in the salt mines was a cool throwback to ROTJ... complete with the musical theme.
-Gareth Edwards cameo.
-Rey meeting Poe for the first time.
- Rey as a nobody... it was built up so much on her background, but how did Ben know about it? He read her mind? He was messing with her? Is that actually the truth?
-And that kid at the very end just proves that there are many Force-sensitive "nobody's" in the galaxy.
-What happens to Leia in IX?
-Just read this on Reddit... apparently Rey stole the books from the Jedi temple.
-And that "iron spaceship" that, turns out, was an actual iron. :lol:

Last edited:
Without any of the OT cast in meaningful roles, Episode 9 is going to be a tough sell anyways...Add an alienated fan base on top of that?

Disney better plan the next installment out very carefully...

Oh Disney’s goose is cooked regarding Star Wars. I think they’ve done irreparable damage to the property. It was already a little OD with a Star Wars film every year, but with these beyond stupid decisions they’ve made with these ST and Anthology films like a Han Solo film with no Harrison Ford, I know the hard core fans along with the general audience are slowly but surely going to leave the franchise in the past :smh:

...Rian Johnson is going to Hell just off of that stunt he pulled with Leia :lol: :smh: we’re talking about the first 20 mins of the movie :smh: :smh: :smh:

Loved the movie. Came to the movie without reading any reviews/predictions, no forums, and by only watching the trailer once. I only had one expectation tho..

-When the official poster came out, I read rumors that Luke was gonna be on the dark side so I expected something to go down.
-I really think this was better than TFA, just cause TFA was more of a nostalgic movie
-they killed snoke way too early in the series. we didnt even get to see his full potential
-the fight scene right after snoke died was :pimp:
-i wonder where rey will get her lightsaber on the next ep.
-anybody else notice that kid in the last scene use the force to get the broom :nerd:

this might be my first post in a looooong time. couldn't resist visiting the NT star wars thread

Broom boy as he’s being affectionately called by raging fans all over the internet, is probably the most egregious thing if the whole film and the final “**** you” to George Lucas. To reiterate that Rey is random and there’s people like her popping up in the Galaxy is one thing, but to show them casually using the force with no training or anything like that?? :smh:

Just got back... reading the older posts now. :lol: folks freaking out a bit.

Ok, first off, I enjoyed it... enjoyed it more than TFA. And the visuals were awesome.
I won't try to dissect too much into it for now cuz I wanna calm down first and watch it again.
Having said that, while I'm sad/disappointed Luke died... it seemed like he was content with it. He had made his peace with one final use of the Force, going all-in with his powers, to help save Leia and the Rebellion. I do have a feeling we'll see him in Episode IX.

Other tidbits...
-That whole bit with Leia using the Force to get back to the ship... Not sure how I felt about that.
-That scene with using the Hyperdrive to destroy the FO fleet was awesome... and the use of silence just added to it.
-Did not expect Snoke to go so doon... as well as Phasma.
-The throne-room fight scene was awesome as well. Cool to see "Royal" Praetorian guards who can actually fight.
-When they destroyed Luke's saber, you could see the Kyber crystal... surely she'll be using that for her saber?
-Rose got a lot of hate when she was cast, but I liked her character...
-Benicio made it out of there, right?
-As for the whole hologram-Luke... I'm willing to accept that it's possible. The Force and it's uses can evolve... Luke read thru the page-turning texts and could have learned a thing or two there. Ben didn't stop to think why Luke had a blue saber?
-Yoda!
-That Falcon run in the salt mines was a cool throwback to ROTJ... complete with the musical theme.
-Gareth Edwards cameo.
-Rey meeting Poe for the first time.
- Rey as a nobody... it was built up so much on her background, but how did Ben know about it? He read her mind? He was messing with her? Is that actually the truth?
-And that kid at the very end just proves that there are many Force-sensitive "nobody's" in the galaxy.
-What happens to Leia in IX?
-Just read this on Reddit... apparently Rey stole the books from the Jedi temple.
-And that "iron spaceship" that, turns out, was an actual iron. :lol:

Luke, Snoke, Phasma, Benecio’s character, General Ackbar.....all of them die yet.....nothing happens in the story. Kylo is still bad, Rey still needs training, the resistance is fighting a losing war. Mind you this all takes place in a ~2 day period....on top of picking up seconds after TFA ends :smh:. I will say Yoda talking to Luke was my favorite part. It was SO CLASSIC and it’s like I understand what Rian was trying to do. Give us our parents Star Wars but in a way where we cant comprehend it cause it’s “old” which is why scenes like Yoda and Luke just happen so naturally (irregardless of it making any sense. Like a Force Ghost summoning Lightning? Or Yoda appearing to Luke now as opposed to sooner??) and Adam Driver’s speech to Rey to join him is probably my favorite dialogue in all of Star Wars because it’s almost like an “I’m sorry” letter from an ex you still care for. It’s like this movie was specifically made to purge off old fans but give one last hoo-rah for them

Not like what I am reading :frown:

I can't really trust NT on everything with the exception of a few people.

The reviews I watched online from those that have similar opinions of movies all had positive things to say, so I'm optimistic and hype for tonight.

Somehow my friend got drunk and ordered us all tickets for 8 AM on Sunday instead of 8 PM :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

And of course the rest of the shows are sold out now :stoneface:

We're making sure he pays for lunch for this bull @#$@

Bro, you should be paying HIS lunch. He's doing you a favor.

Matinee movies are the best. Then you got the rest of your Sunday ahead of you.

jaypesoz jaypesoz Fam, some of those high RT scores don't necessarily mean that the film is 'good' and will be universally liked.

What does it mean then?:lol:

But seriously, I don't let RT scores sway my opinion but I'm legit curious as to what a high RT score means if not that.

The reviews are off of the 1.) the Star Wars Brand 2.) the movie visually is STUNNING and 3.) a few of the performances primarily Mark Hamill and Adam Driver are captivating as hell

...with that being said, as a film this movie is amazing. As a STAR WARS FILM however? Hell no...hell ****ing no. If you’re a fan of the lore prepare to have your world crushed

The reviews are off of the 1.) the Star Wars Brand 2.) the movie visually is STUNNING and 3.) a few of the performances primarily Mark Hamill and Adam Driver are captivating as hell

...with that being said, as a film this movie is amazing. As a STAR WARS FILM however? Hell no...hell ****ing no. If you’re a fan of the lore prepare to have your world crushed

Interesting....

From what I've read, some people liked the risks and chances that Rian Johnson took here and are interested to see JJ goes from here. Guess I'll find out tonight.

Copped some last minute tickets in the front of the auditorium. There’s no way I can go another day without going through spoilers lol.

Back
Top Bottom