Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While great sounding and dope fan service it just doesn't sound like the kind of movie George would make to conclude the trilogy. No poetry, it doesn't rhyme. Seems like 2 hours of the end of Rogue One :lol: or some Vader comic of him hunting down remaining Jedi with inquisitors, killing the growing rebellion, etc.

Looking back its clear what George was trying to do with the prequels. Story wise TPM was just an intro, it largely was a cash grab which worked. AOTC was his version of a Star Wars war movie (where it isnt some underdog vs. a giant juggernaut) but he made the cspan version for some odd reason. ROTS was him getting to the point and telling the story.

But we and many others have gone over how to fix the prequels.

Plenty unearned moments in the movie. Just gotta accept and roll with it.

In a movie with more time they'd hit harder like they're suppose to.
They had 3 movies to better handle the conflict he had within himself. This one felt like "oh this is the last movie so we have to do this now".

I still hope for a film that gives us an entire film of the glimpse that we seen of Vader in Rogue One. Vader mowing down Jedi and such. But after the last two films, I’m starting to think that not having it would be ok.

If anything an animated series might be in the cards...I’m also still hopeful that we get a series for Luke and his exploits post RotJ as well...

Who knows what’s going to happen at this point...

If anything an animated series might be in the cards...I’m also still hopeful that we get a series for Luke and his exploits post RotJ as well...

Who knows what’s going to happen at this point...

This is all that's being planned

1. According to a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has a film waiting in the wings for 2022, with a director set to be announced in January. After the ending of The Rise of Skywalker
  2. Kevin Feige’s Star Wars movie
  3. Announced in the lead up to (and before the controversy over) The Last Jedi, Lucasfilm rehired Rian Johnson to direct an entirely new trilogy set in the Star Wars universe. It will feature new characters and possibly take place in an entirely different era, a sharp departure from the insular Skywalker saga.​
  4. The Mandalorian season 2
  5. The Rogue One prequel TV show
  6. The Obi-Wan TV show

Nah ya'll gotta stop, there's just too much wrong with the prequels to be better than anything. Acting, characters dialogue, pace, direction, etc., not ticky tack debatable "my version of the story is the right version" complaints, like actual technical **** that affected the story.

George Lucas a sith lord. Had disney do their own diarrhea trilogy to make his crappy prequel ones look better in comparison. Only part of his plan that fell apart was those fraud game of throne showrunners quitting instead of making an even worse group of movies.
they was bout to have jedis walking with their dongs hanging. disney wasnt with it

Rogue One doesn't need a prequel show. Disney needs to embrace the EU and use the lore from the books and comics to flesh out their film IPs smh.

Sidenote: Just finished Season 5 of Clone Wars. Ahsoka left the Jedi Order. Betrayed and heartbroken :emoji_cry:

Imagine how different the reception of this film is with Hayden Christensen talking to Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren to return him to redemption instead of seeing that cringey nonsensical Han Solo talk. This was the Skywalker saga after all. And it’s that lack of simple but necessary things that’s the problem with the ST. They didn’t do the things that the trilogy NEEDED all in the name of subverting expectation.
because what you say makes sense lol disney not about making sense. kylo worshipped vader. imagine his idol telling him “this is not the way to go. i made a mistake. palpatine tricked me”

because what you say makes sense lol disney not about making sense. kylo worshipped vader. imagine his idol telling him “this is not the way to go. i made a mistake. palpatine tricked me”
Then Kylo would be like “This is the bum I looked up to? Vader you a P” and proceeds to further delve into the dark side

Just got out the movie. Pretty underwhelmed.
So many things in this trilogy felt forced. And for how interesting the new characters backstories are, they did a terrible job of giving them depth and making me care about them.

Bantha Fodder

Zero expectations. Lets go!
DldrvcJhPy7rq.gif

Got out about an hour ago debating on if I should give my full review other than to say that this wasn't just a bad Star Wars movie, but just fundamentally a bad movie in general.

So many things just done because it was convenient.
I agree wholeheartedly with this opinion, but for some odd reason I still liked the damn movie :lol:

I will say this - I think corners were cut mostly to try and right the wrongs of the Last Jedi, and it had to do these things to expedite the storyline because we couldn’t get from A to Z without hitting some of these key points:
  • Rey actually gettin trained by a Skywalker
  • Luke actually acting like Luke from the OG trilogy
  • Palpetine should have been hinted at in Last Jedi instead of rushing through this critical storyline in Rise of Skywalker
And I think these are points JJ wanted set in the last jedi, but because they weren’t he had to go back and tell that story.

Back
Top Bottom