Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rocked my Fett costume over the weekend and I can die in peace now because this happened
nthat.gif
My suit needs a few adjustments that I'm taking care of now, but I should be an official 501st member sometime this week too
glasses.gif
That's ridiculous on another level!

My buddy in college had a Stormtrooper suit and it was fascinating to see him put it all together.

How does the Boba one compare?  I guess the grey undersuit plays a bigger role, where as the Stormtrooper one was basically a black leotard. 

And how's the visibility from the helmet?

Sick.

23305360330_12fa77a39f_o.gif

I would, but...my options are to just show up dressed and in that case, I'm not allowed to have a helmet due to the theater rules or, do it with my local 501st group, but Disney's being silly and are "highly suggesting" that no gun weapons of any kind be brought. And by "highly suggesting", they're pretty much saying "don't"

Rocked my Fett costume over the weekend and I can die in peace now because this happened :nthat: My suit needs a few adjustments that I'm taking care of now, but I should be an official 501st member sometime this week too 8)
That's ridiculous on another level!

My buddy in college had a Stormtrooper suit and it was fascinating to see him put it all together.

How does the Boba one compare?  I guess the grey undersuit plays a bigger role, where as the Stormtrooper one was basically a black leotard. 
And how's the visibility from the helmet?

Sick.
23305360330_12fa77a39f_o.gif

Stormtrooper guys can pretty much dress themselves whereas you really need someone to give you a hand with Fett. The suit itself is surprisingly very comfortable. My fist costume build was actually Jango Fett, and since he has thigh/shin armor, I'm really glad Boba doesn't have all that :lol: The biggest pain with Fett though is the jetpack. I have a pretty nice metal harness but still, ~10lbs pulling on your back for a few hours can get pretty grueling.

As far as visibility, it's pretty tough. With so many people running up to you to shake hands/take pics, it's easy to miss people. The 501st actually have "spotters" who help keep you from missing people, especially the 5 yr. old trying to give you a high-five. And they also make sure your costume is always looking on point. Pretty serious stuff.

Last edited:
Finally won a Darth Maul AND Boba Fett on eBay for reasonable prices :smile: Sniped two separate auctions from the same seller last night and he does combined shipping so I got both for $118 shipped :pimp: Those were the last two that I wanted from the older figures and now all I need is the Shocktrooper and I'll be caught up before the next wave drops.

For whatever reason, I thought this released online today.  So I'm sitting and checking the site every 5 or so minutes, hitting F5, just like a sneaker release.  Finally saw the link on the homepage and shows all, with their release dates.  Ugh.

I'm guessing maybe Luke as the final release?

Also, anyone know what time Disney usually puts these on their site?
I called the Disney Store here in Austin, and the manager said the figures released on the website at 2:00 am and whatever is sold out, is sold out for good on the website. No Boba Fett die casts at the store here. She said to call large city's Disney Stores and ask if they ship to you. Damn. Was able to get the Kylo Ren though. 

As far as visibility, it's pretty tough. With so many people running up to you to shake hands/take pics, it's easy to miss people. The 501st actually have "spotters" who help keep you from missing people, especially the 5 yr. old trying to give you a high-five. And they also make sure your costume is always looking on point. Pretty serious stuff.
That's pretty cool that they have spotters... don't want a poor kid disappointed cuz Boba missed him.  

Damn, Daniel Logan's 28 already?!

I called the Disney Store here in Austin, and the manager said the figures released on the website at 2:00 am and whatever is sold out, is sold out for good on the website. No Boba Fett die casts at the store here. She said to call large city's Disney Stores and ask if they ship to you. Damn. Was able to get the Kylo Ren though. 
Got the same answer when I called my local.  Damn.  Why in the hell did they put it on their site at 2am?!?!

Finally won a Darth Maul AND Boba Fett on eBay for reasonable prices :smile: Sniped two separate auctions from the same seller last night and he does combined shipping so I got both for $118 shipped :pimp: Those were the last two that I wanted from the older figures and now all I need is the Shocktrooper and I'll be caught up before the next wave drops.

Congrats! Been looking for Anakin & Maul for a decent price but its hard. I'm in these Facebook groups for the figures and still no luck.

just hit me that this comes out in a week or so. feels like yesterday they first had the teaser with the X wing and the soccerball droid and the black stormtrooper. man time flies

10 more days...

Now may be the time to quit the internet if you don't wanna be spoiled. I just saw a huge spoiler from an upcoming action figure but luckily, I don't care about knowing spoilers :lol:

I won't even post it since you can see recent images on the side.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom