Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ Fam, I shed a tear when that music hit around the 1 minute mark in the final trailer.

The music in the trailer is perfect for a victory montage.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
^ Fam, I shed a tear when that music hit around the 1 minute mark in the final trailer.

The music in the trailer is perfect for a victory montage.

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin  

I'm convinced tears will be shed when the movie rolls in the theater. I'm so friggin' ready for this thing to drop

^ Repped

Let's hope the updated version is in the score / soundtrack

Last edited:
[h1]John Boyega has dealt a final and decisive blow to the racist outbursts over his casting in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’.[/h1]
3ab8fe06f737354d1c1d59c2ffe2391a

The ugly side of the internet was bared when it was announced that the British star of 'Attack The Block’ was to play a lead role in the reinvigorated sci-fi series, and that there would be a black stormtrooper

0112_boyega_sp.ashx

In a searing take down during an interview with the New York Times, he said: “‘I’m grounded in who I am, and I am a confident black man. A confident, Nigerian, black, chocolate man.

“I’m proud of my heritage, and no man can take that away from me. I wasn’t raised to fear people with a difference of opinion.

“They are merely victims of a disease in their mind. To get into a serious dialogue with people who judge a person based on the melanin in their skin? They’re stupid, and I’m not going to lose sleep over people.

He added that the imminent success of the movie – it’s thought it could break the record for the biggest movie of all time – is proof that the bigots are wrong.

“The presale tickets have gone through the roof – their agenda has failed. Miserably,” he added.

“You guys got every single alien in this movie imaginable to man. With tentacles, five eyes. Aliens that, if they existed, we’d definitely have an issue.

“We’d have to get them to the government and be, like, ‘What are you?’ Yet what you want to do is fixate on another human being’s colour.

“You need to go back to school and unlearn what you have learned. I think Yoda said that, or Obi-Wan.

He also broached the subject of tokenism during the interview.

“It’s Hollywood’s fault, for letting this get so far, that when a black person or a female, or someone from a different cultural group is cast in a movie, we have to have debates as to whether they’re placed there just to meet a [quota],” he went on.

“I also understand, on the flip side, where these other mentalities will arise. 'He’s just placed there for political correctness’. I don’t hear you guys saying that when Brad Pitt is there. When Tom Cruise is there. Hell, when Shia LaBeouf is there, you guys ain’t saying that. That is just blatant racism.”

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ is out in the UK next Thursday.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/2...alactic-fame.html?partner=IFTTT&referer=&_r=0

Anyone who were able to cop 72-10s today going to be UNDSing next weekend for the premier?

If I see you I'll do a tap tap pull.

Man, don't listen to that garbage, Boyega :pimp:

Glad to have him added to the Star Wars fambs

Why is Boyega even responding to the hate?

He's about to be the biggest star in the world next week. Let the haters drown in their salt.

@JayPesoz

Which Kylo Ren helmet is the one you have in this pic?
View media item 1825587

It was molded by a guy on theRPF boards, Sabrebay and painted by the guys at ArtisanFX.

View media item 1825581
View media item 1825582
And it's funny you mentioned it because some guy asked me on IG to buy it and I couldn't refuse the offer, so it's going out to him on Monday. This helmet was made for taller people anyway, as it's a rather large helmet. I have another prop maker's version coming in next week, so I'm curious how that'll compare.

Anovos's is the version I really want because it'll be the most authentic one, but the ETA isn't scheduled until next spring, so I've got quite the wait for his.

Last edited:
What if Kylo Ren ends up being a garbage *** character and ya'll bought all this merchandise?

Judging by how JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy are taking the SW universe serious, how can anyone be worried about that? I haven't seen one thing to make me think Kylo Ren will not be treated "better" than Darth Maul or Boba Fett ever were in the movies they were in.

Worst case scenario, it's a cool character in the Star Wars universe. I'm pretty sure he'll be as popular as the two characters I just mentioned, no matter what he does in the movies.

Last edited:
Given how he's been invisible during the lead up,anyone else get the sneaking feeling that Luke's gonna be the villain in this one? Kind of expecting him to be revealed as Kylo Ren's master

^ Won't happen.

Luke's not getting the reveal just yet for a very specific reason and it'll be
smokin.gif
when we find out next week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom