Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was looking at a youtube video and someone in the video had this opinion on Star Wars: The Force Awakens composition. . .

"I feel like this film's composition is lazy but pleasurable in the way where your girlfriend's like, "Hey...what If we stay in and drink wine and ****. . ." and you respond with, "Well yea that's cool..."

:lol:

That's really spot on. :lol:

In contrast TLJ was slightly more pleasurable and exciting for me.

Thought I saw somewhere it’s going to revolve around bounty hunters and gangsters...Like Jabba’s palace type stuff...

They have a few novels out, If that's your thing...

A live action Star Wars show for Disney's streaming service is in development... No idea what it will be...

the only thing that really bothered me about the last two installments is that finn and rey can pickup a lightsaber and go toe to toe with someone as powerful and trained as kylo ren?

the only thing that really bothered me about the last two installments is that finn and rey can pickup a lightsaber and go toe to toe with someone as powerful and trained as kylo ren?
Yeah the power is def inconsistent. Kylo defeats the greatest Jedi in his prime and others in his youth but loses to Rey in what should be his prime?

There is no emotional investment in this new trilogy. Least the prequels you felt for anakin and shmi when they were split up or when he saw his mom die in his arms or trying to save his wife from dying in child birth. Why should i be invested in Rey? Cause her junk parents left her on a planet that we saw in a minute flashback? She has had no trouble these two movies and everything has come easy. Or Finn or even Poe. Poe had at least the biggest change in the movie

Rey is one with the force and Finn was a trained stormtrooper? Idk. Just a thought that bounced into my head. Finn caught a mean fade tho, he didn't exactly hold his own. And Kylo got shot in the stomach

Kylo's spirit was still torn from killing Han, which is what Snoke spoke of in the beginning of TLJ. Plus he just got shot by Chewie with the bowcaster. The same bowcaster that was literally launching people off their feet.

One thing I do have a question about. Luke gets mad that Rey “went straight to the dark-side” because it had answers she wants. How was she supposed to know that was the path to the dark side of no one’s ever taught her yet?

Didn’t she go to the place anyway and didn’t still didn’t get any answers she was looking for. So Luke getting upset was was useless, right?

Someone mentioned before but I loved Poe's fighter scene at the beginning. A lot of people have claimed the best pilot in the universe title but we never really get the full effect (prequel/clone wars we're cool). This was good.

Had issues with most other characters, but Poe was done really well. Had a passion, drive and dedication to his cause. Not bad.

One thing I do have a question about. Luke gets mad that Rey “went straight to the dark-side” because it had answers she wants. How was she supposed to know that was the path to the dark side of no one’s ever taught her yet?

Didn’t she go to the place anyway and didn’t still didn’t get any answers she was looking for. So Luke getting upset was was useless, right?

I think he was mad/shocked that she did it so quickly/ soon/ easily.

Maybe even kylo didn't even do it so soon in his training

Thought he was mad because she went to it with no hesitation like "What it has answers? *runs towards*" She didn't fight temptation at all in that scene

Saw this quote on reddit lol

"If the old Star Wars' were vanilla and chocolate ice cream, this one is cookies and cream; it's new, and some people don't like hard stuff in their ice cream."

What makes us invested in Luke in ANH? He doesn't want to farm anymore? Saying the new trilogy doesn't get you invested is, again, a preference thing.
Acting is a big part of it, if you didn't care about Rey living on her own for YEARS in Jakku. Daisy can out act anyone on earth, she's a talented actor.

I feel like some people didn't really follow Star Wars. Emphasis on "some".

Kinda seeing a pattern here. People hating on TLJ seem to just dislike the choices the characters made, that it doesn't align with their vision or their fan theory.
Finn is a great lead character and John plays him really well.

I'll be honest this is getting exhausting. I'm just gonna buy my tickets to watch it the third time and I'll just enjoy every second of the film. Good night fam.

Back
Top Bottom