• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Low audience ratings you say?

Via Marketwatch,

Alt-Right group claims credit for using bots to lower user ratings for ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’

An alt-right group is claiming credit for ensuring that “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” has a moderate 54% audience rating on influential movie review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes...

But a moderator for “Down With Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys” has claimed to the Huffington Post that his group used bots to lower the Rotten Tomatoes score on the grounds that more female characters now inhabit the Star Wars galaxy, that Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) is on the verge of being “turned gay” and that Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaacs) is “a victim of the anti-mansplaining movement.”

So, how many people legitimately thought the movie sucked again?

It's crazy how upset people are with this movie.

After watching it yesterday I don't get the frustration.
My thoughts exactly. My friend was like "that supposed to be bad?"

Anyway, 1B gonna be light work for this movie. Especially with the controversy. People that don't care will want
to know what the fuss is about.

We went in without checking someones epinion first, and it was enjoyable. Im glad i did, or didnt check, because i probably would have actually looked for the issues other people had, instead of looking for things I enjoyed. Going back tomorrow a little more sober with some friends, so hopefully its as good as I slightly remember.

I thought the scene fit, because it's almost exactly what Poe did in 7 with the do I talk, or do you talk? to Kylo.

It's who Poe is. Daring, brash, stupid, but humorous, just without the natural humor Harrison Ford had. I get that "humor" shouldn't be forefront in Star Wars films, but it always has been there, some of it forced, some of it natural, some of it just blind luck, whatever. Leia asking Han while the Falcon was falling apart, "would it help if I got out and pushed?" Obi Wan telling young Anakin, "you're going to be the death of me" Even Rogue One, which was very serious, had plenty of good humor in it. As long as they don't go too over the top, a joke here or there isn't the worst thing. IMO.
That's what I was thinking. :lol:
Out of the entire movie, that scene didn't even cross my mind as being bad or out of place. I thought maybe I missed a joke that bombed or was inappropriate.

^
lmao. NAILED IT. people do not know what they want. All they know is they MUST complain.
2dOHaRS.jpg

Nah. People wanted a movie without dumb writing. Pretty simple to understand.

We went in without checking someones epinion first, and it was enjoyable. Im glad i did, or didnt check, because i probably would have actually looked for the issues other people had, instead of looking for things I enjoyed. Going back tomorrow a little more sober with some friends, so hopefully its as good as I slightly remember.
same here. I went in the first time knowing people are split but didn't KNOW exactly why.
Nah. People wanted a movie without dumb writing. Pretty simple to understand.
Leia using the force dumb? Luke throwing the saber? Kylo Ren shirtless? Admiral Holdo keeping her plan secret?
Not sure what you guys were REALLY expecting since most of the prequels were poorly written. Even the OT movies were far from perfect and campy at times. At the end of the day, you're entitled to your opinion obviously but what exactly did you expect? This is Star Wars.
It's still at 92% at RottenTomatoes and that's a sampling of different types of critics. You know, people that review movies and watch movies with the intention of dissecting every single thing. 301/328 of these professional moviegoers liked it. Think about that for a second.
Like I said though, movies are subjective and you are entitled to like what you like. But don't look at us like we're crazy when people that get paid to rate films almost unanimously agree it's good.
BRUH.

They acting like the majority just want to complain. They conveniently forget that nt will point out the flaws in all movies.

Also people are allowed to want a movie that’s not a rehash and new stuff being introduced is cool as long as it’s good.

It's still at 92% at RottenTomatoes and that's a sampling of different types of critics. You know, people that review movies and watch movies with the intention of dissecting every single thing. 301/328 of these professional moviegoers liked it.

Star Wars was never made for the critics and the critics didn't make this franchise, think about that for a second.

Yes, that leia scene, shirtless snape, and luke discarding his saber like it was nothing were dumb.

Maybe if you took off your blinders for a second you'd realize that it's never mattered what critics have thought of Star Wars. That's nice that they have enjoyed TLJ, but at the end of the day their opinion doesn't mean **** to this franchise.

^^^
Could've sworn he was drinking some funny coloured 'ish in the OT but I agree that scene in TLJ was 'distasteful'.

Specially when it looked over at ol girl. I dont know what the hell that thing was, but it had a funny look on its face.

I just wanted to know why we had to see Luke getting milk from that creature :sick:
it's the blue milk homage for this film. There's one last movie I believe.
I mean, if you don't like blue milk, you don't like star wars fam.

Well you can't tell me it's poorly written when people smarter than us (yes us) thinks it's a good film.

Did it make the choices WE EXPECTED THEM TO MAKE? No, but think about it this way. If they did what we wanted them to do, people will then yell "PREDICTABLE!". No blinders here fam, I genuinely enjoyed the film. Yoda, Poe, Leia, Luke and Kylo my new favorite character.

It's a good thing they didn't try to do much with those Porgs like they did with the Ewoks. :smh:

The Fathiers (space horses) on the other hand...

idid it make the choices WE EXPECTED THEM TO MAKE? No, but think about it this way. If they did what we wanted them to do, people will then yell "PREDICTABLE!". No blinders here fam, I genuinely enjoyed the film. Yoda, Poe, Leia, Luke and Kylo my new favorite character.
When I see quotes like this I can't help but to think back what someone else said in here. You don't want to give us the movie the fans wanted, then why use the past fans expectations and nostalgia to make a movie.
Why not give us something set 50 years in the future 100 years in the future. throw a little hommage to luke/leia in there. Give us something new instead of saying oh look han and chewie are home. or look luke been on this island..just to find out he been a hermit..

Again Star wars isn't my wheel house. GOT is. But it would be like if Knightfall (good show so far) came out with the promo of whoever the star being is Robert bartheons bastard son rose to power....But then completely crap on the history of GOT . I'd be pissed too. Like yo, how dare you bring me in on my love and nostalgia for GOT to give me this crap show...

Back
Top Bottom