Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everything in this sentence is wrong. George destroyed the OT with his edits. He changed things like Han shooting first. He is sacreligious on his own art. Created Jar Jar, killed off Maul without even knowing anything about him. Horribly paced AoTC and shoehorned the conception and birth of the twins etc etc.

I can kinda see now what types of fans/people hate TLJ. Rian just gave us a masterclass in filmmaking and creating something new from an already existing myth. Screenshot this post because years from now you'll know it to be true.

What you mean types of people? You defended the shirtless emo ben solo scene. Your opinion doesn’t have value after that.

As time passes everyone will see how much of a joke this movie was. It still has that “shiny new object” feel to it but everyone will eventually open there eyes.

why are you offended by Kylo shirtless? don't worry, there's nothing wrong with that. or are you just... uhm "intrigued"? I honestly think that that's
a nitpick bro. Nut up boys, it's a guy without a shirt. TADA! Did you cover your eyes too?

I am being critical of shogun WANTING FREAKING george lucas to "save" Star Wars. Anyone disagrees with me on that?
Bro where you been all these decades?
Let me clarify because all ya'll are getting TOO riled up.
Hating the choices made in this film just makes your efforts FUTILE. THERE.
Because until now it's still been a preference thing and no one has raised any
substantial, juicy rebuttal. I've debunked a lot of the "cases" on this thread and
THAT clearly shows that you guys are FINDING things to complain about.

Not only are you resisting the new cannon, you're also stuck in the past. I've been made fun of on this thread for DAYS now just by stating my love for the film
and I tried to keep it chill. So I'm sorry if saying George Lucas saving the franchise made you look insane. Because he's the one that crashed it into a pond years ago.

Masterclass in filmmaking :rofl:

Yet the critics are a certain type :lol:
I think you're contradicting yourself. Might wanna backread bro. it's ok.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/12/the-last-jedi-is-a-daring-high-octane-masterpiece/
http://time.com/5061707/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review/
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...star-wars-epic-youve-been-looking-for-w513450
http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/star...urce=nym&utm_medium=f1&utm_campaign=feed-full

Some of you are clearly on the weaker side of this "debate". Yes, your opinion(AND MINE) is a little less valuable than the guy the writes for
Rolling Stone or Time. Sadly, that's just a fact. It's valid, sure, the same way McDonald's is a proper meal.

I think you're contradicting yourself. Might wanna backread bro. it's ok.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/12/the-last-jedi-is-a-daring-high-octane-masterpiece/
http://time.com/5061707/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review/
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...star-wars-epic-youve-been-looking-for-w513450
http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/star...urce=nym&utm_medium=f1&utm_campaign=feed-full

Some of you are clearly on the weaker side of this "debate". Yes, your opinion(AND MINE) is a little less valuable than the guy the writes for
Rolling Stone or Time. Sadly, that's just a fact. It's valid, sure, the same way McDonald's is a proper meal.

No offense man but piggybacking the opinions of others to support yours is a weak move
Their opinion is more valid to those who value their opinion, I like to decide what I think is good and bad for myself.
If forced one liners and things happening with no explanation is considered "Masterclass" then we value different things in film.
When I hear the word "Masterclass" I think of films like my avy, not shiny eyecandy.
You wrote how Kevin Smith's opinion validates yours and that says about enough.

Yeah, you’re trying too hard to defend this movie while worshipping movie critics and the director. Movie was a disappointment and has me liking that rehash tfa more.

I’m a serious Star Wars fan. I absolutely hated this movie when I watched it the first time. I’ve ranted and raved about it. I watched it again a second time and somehow enjoyed it 100x more. The pressure of it being an exceptional movie was gone. It actually had a lot of surprisingly high quality filmograph. I really let myself fall into the movie this time since I already knew what was happening and it was an overall enjoyable experience. Not to say anything that’s wrong with it got fixed or that this is the direction that I want. I’m just glad that I was able to still feel like I was somehow in the Star Wars experience.

Big edit: The one thing I didn’t like is that I more than ever realized how much they made this into a mashup of Twilight and some old women’s network movie. Literally all of the leaders of the resistance are grandmas lol. Also there was way more sexual chemistry between Rey and Kylo than I realized the first time around. I guess that’s what the modern generation wants and not something amazing like a battle being the Army of the Light and the Legions of the Sith

"Twilight and Grandmas"-one of the better reactions yet.

tumblr_o0p4okEez11tpri36o1_500.gif

LOLLLLL what right did Luke actually have to go "where's Han.....???!?" Like that

***** you the one abandoned the Galaxy while the Dark Side just popped ****** left and right, their only opposition being a desperate and dwindling semi-military force of which HAN AND YOUR SISTER WERE MEMBERS

LOL **** LUKE MEAN WHERES HAN LOL

Han went back to smuggling b4 he linked up with Rey in tfa tho.

He prolly asked wheres han cuz he saw chewie

I saw it again.

It's a good movie marred by some unfortunate and unnecessary complications.

but the highs are really high, I think ill move it ahead of the force awakens, force awakens has a high baseline, but doesn't have sequence that touches the red room, the bombing run or the suicide run or the battle on the salt planet.

LOLLLLL what right did Luke actually have to go "where's Han.....???!?" Like that

***** you the one abandoned the Galaxy while the Dark Side just popped *****s left and right, their only opposition being a desperate and dwindling semi-military force of which HAN AND YOUR SISTER WERE MEMBERS

LOL **** LUKE MEAN WHERES HAN LOL

It’s all nonsense man. How people can actually take this disrespectful *** film seriously is beyond me at this point. Star Wars is dead. These dudes in here are on some Weekend at Bernie’s type ****

Why can't someone have an opinion lol?

Im not the biggest fan of this film but I'm not gonna question someone if they like it.

People like different things lol

Lol I was just asking a question to spark discussion. There’s no malice toward anyone liking the film or not liking the film. Everyone wants to discuss this film but no one wants to DISCUSS this film.

also upon re watch, i don't have a problem with lucs arc. I don't even get the outrage surrounding it.

You like seeing Luke contemplate murdering his angry teen nephew after having proven the fallacy of such behavior during the redemption of his father?

You like seeing Luke say **** it and run away, letting the First Order mouth-**** the galaxy, while he still has living family fighting the good fight or just plain trying to not get murdered by their psyhotic children?

You like seeing Luke's only major contribution to this decade-long conflict be an (admittedly wicked) instance of astral projection?

You like seeing Luke not lead the life and play the role that the prequels and OT explicitly established for him? It's a lazy dismissal of Luke Skywalker's essence and character to just deflate and throw him away for dramatic PTSD reasons.

You like when Luke, seeing his students murdered or traitors, tell his remaining friends and family to go **** themselves as they get stabbed by their children or blasted into space (even if they have the Kryptonian ability to fly and survive unaided in the vacuum of space)

You think Luke sneaking into a kids room at night and contemplating doing something to him is characteristic of OT Luke?
I understand all of your previous issues with the movie..., but implying that Luke was contemplating doing anything other than killing Kylo for a brief second, you're kinda reaching no?(assuming your referring back to the molestation thing).

Back
Top Bottom