Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s all nonsense man. How people can actually take this disrespectful *** film seriously is beyond me at this point. Star Wars is dead. These dudes in here are on some Weekend at Bernie’s type ****

Just out of sheer curiousity cause you have really strong set opinions and I'm sure you've thought about it: how did you see the story of Luke Skywalker play out in the Sequels all three Episodes? Do you firmly believe that Luke specifically and Jedi/Light Side generally are straight up infallible without flaws? Any other character depth?
Serious. No joke.

A Jedi contemplating murdering a sleeping child was a lil un Jedi ish to me.
The rest of the arc I can work with...understand the like or dislike.

And the milk....luke likes milk. A new hope first scene hes drinking bantha milk.
Prolly the only animal that produces good milk on that island was that walrus hybrid.

Let that man drink his milk

No Lucas would not come back after they said they didn’t want his ideas or input. The whole Luke thing. I have no problem with him disappearing after Kylo went dark and slaughtered his Padawans. No problem with him being broken. Only issues I have with him was the him even thinking about killing his nephew. Sorry Luke would never do that. Especially cause he wasn’t even dark yet. It would be a last resort after all options and Leia probably would of done it

I understand all of your previous issues with the movie..., but implying that Luke was contemplating doing anything other than killing Kylo for a brief second, you're kinda reaching no?(assuming your referring back to the molestation thing).

The movie clearly tells you what Luke was trying to do but I personally feel like there’s an overarching tongue in cheek type of deal. In the realm of Star Wars/Disney child molestation is gonna be sneaking into a kids room with thoughts of killing him. In the real world however, there aren’t lightsabers or reading someone’s heart and sensing another person corrupting them. Look at the movie as a whole. You have an uncle, that outlasted himself from his family because he did something REALLY bad and Kylo is made a sympathetic figure because of that. Thoughts of killing Kylo isn’t bad since he’s the villain. Luke is a hero, no? Yeah Kylo is a kid but we don’t know enough about him to automatically assume Luke’s judgement about someone that is a darkside Re as wrong. But the way the film emphasizes that you see Kylo as a victim. If you watch the film under that guise, you’ll understand what I’m saying.

Either way, the whole thing is so uncharacteristic of Luke.

Reactions: ARK
Just out of sheer curiousity cause you have really strong set opinions and I'm sure you've thought about it: how did you see the story of Luke Skywalker play out in the Sequels all three Episodes? Do you firmly believe that Luke specifically and Jedi/Light Side generally are straight up infallible without flaws? Any other character depth?
Serious. No joke.

I wanted Luke to be seriously troubled with personal demons that came from him losing a family (a wife and child) not him being depressed because he failed some Jedi cult that was defunct before he was even born. Luke should’ve molded the new Jedi order with ease. I agree with the student that turns to the darkside however. I even like the fact that it’s Kylo his nephew. The movie however demanded that Luke have a more legit reason for sulking while the world is in turmoil. Instead hack Rian Johnson gave us a baby hitler analogy and tries to pass it as complex. FOH

A Jedi contemplating murdering a sleeping child was a lil un Jedi ish to me.
The rest of the arc I can work with...understand the like or dislike.

And the milk....luke likes milk. A new hope first scene hes drinking bantha milk.
Prolly the only animal that produces good milk on that island was that walrus hybrid.

Let that man drink his milk

EXTREMELY unjedi like. Which is how I KNOW Rian didn’t study the previous material. Luke’s father was damn near the embodiment of the darkside. Surely you could have gave him a more concrete way of Luke growing older and possibly giving into darkside urges. Same with weak *** Kylo too. The darkside is in his blood. Weak *** snoke can corrupt a child since it’s conception yet still be betrayed by him?? Lazy *** ****in movie.

And I get it. Farm boy in space. He’s gonna mil some weird ****. Luke can get it out the mud. But they put the milk in his beard fam. In his beard. So this Luke Skywalker is devoid of motor skills too? The disrespect just never stopped

saw the movie again tonight. enjoyed it even more. whoever above said the second time around you really can just relax more and immerse yourself in it, spot on. really really enjoyed it.

after the first showing, i did find it weird the rebellion had such a heavy female leadership presence. second time around, i didn't mind it. actually found it kind of interesting how it's direct contrast to the male dominated FO leadership. balance. opposites. recurring theme. that may have not been the intention (although i think it was) but it made sense in that context for me.

picked up on some things i didn't catch in the first viewing. rey took the jedi books (i think). the final scene at the end with the kid sweeping up and looking at the stars...future character in the fight? or just a sign of hope? i dunno. probably reaching :lol:

As an extremely casual viewer, I'm just here for the angry comments/reviews and ridiculous spins. Please continue

I get he's well respected in the Nerdom but I can't take anything this guy says seriously. Has he ever not liked anything? This is the same guy who saw a Batman costume in BvS and started crying:lol: Hell, didn't he see the Falcon while they were filming TFA and went online and started crying too?:lol:

He would never flat out say anything bad. Ever.
Son is one of the more obnoxious and overrated ppl in the nerd community.

Outside of Dogma and Clerks, I don't think highly of him as a creator or his opinion

I just :rolleyes when duse said Smith confirmed his feelings about the movie. Like what he says carries any weight.

Speaking of him liking everything. This is the same dude that loved the prequels and then ran with the sheep and hated them when some time passed. Then later on spoke about his flip flopping like it was okay.

I watched Kevin Smith’s review. What is interesting about it is that he disagrees with a lot of the decisions that were made. Still he’s basically the Michael Kay of Star Wars fandom and he’s not messing up those connections by slamming the movie.

EXTREMELY unjedi like. Which is how I KNOW Rian didn’t study the previous material. Luke’s father was damn near the embodiment of the darkside. Surely you could have gave him a more concrete way of Luke growing older and possibly giving into darkside urges. Same with weak *** Kylo too. The darkside is in his blood. Weak *** snoke can corrupt a child since it’s conception yet still be betrayed by him?? Lazy *** ****in movie.

And I get it. Farm boy in space. He’s gonna mil some weird ****. Luke can get it out the mud. But they put the milk in his beard fam. In his beard. So this Luke Skywalker is devoid of motor skills too? The disrespect just never stopped

Breathe.

Just Breathe.

If we want to really get serious about what we've scene in the Star Wars theatrical saga, we've NEVER seen the Jedi, as an order really be Jedi-like.

We started the saga with two Jedi remaining in the galaxy because of their failures.

Then we watch another trilogy about how they failed in large part due to them NOT being Jedi-like and abandoning what it truly means to be Jedi.

We've never SEEN theatrically how the Jedi order are truly supposed to be. The prequels had a **** load of complaints but one was NEVER "They were not Jedi-like" when which is exactly led to their demise as seen in the films.

Luke thought about doing EXACTLY WHAT MACE WINDU WAS GOING TO DO TO PALPATINE YET PEOPLE NEVER *****ED ABOUT MACE NOT BEING JEDI-LIKE. YET LUKE DIDNT GIVE IN TO HIS DARK SIDE URGES THE WAY MACE WAS CLEARLY GOING TO DO YET LUKE IS THE ONE THAT'S NOT JEDI-LIKE?

LUKE EMBODIED WHAT THE JEDI ARE SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT IN THIS MOVIE.

You guys are LITERALLY ignoring everything Yoda said in this movie.

I swear people just ***** because they refuse to think about anything with any kind of depth. You guys don't know what you ******* want.

after the first showing, i did find it weird the rebellion had such a heavy female leadership presence. second time around, i didn't mind it. actually found it kind of interesting how it's direct contrast to the male dominated FO leadership. balance. opposites. recurring theme. that may have not been the intention (although i think it was) but it made sense in that context for me.

Would've made a more interesting dynamic if Hux were female or Phasma had been a higher ranking FO commander. There are female FO troops so why not have them in higher ranks?

Another you don't know what you want post cuz you think you grasp the depth :stoneface:

No. The difference is that people want to watch this movie like it’s the ******* Fast and the Furoius franchise and dont bother to use their damn heads. These movies are meant for you to think. These movies are rich with religion, politics, mythology, mysticism, which require you to take a step back and think about the characters and the decisions they’re making while taking into consideration the saga as a whole. If somebody comes out of this movie and starts rambling about Luke raping his nephew in that scene shows me they haven’t used ONE GOD DAMN BRAIN CELL in trying to understand anything in this movie. If you truly think Luke wasn’t ultimately being Jedi like then the whole saga has gone over your head.

I’m not saying you have to like this movie or that it’s perfect but it’s pointless to entertain negative reactions to the movie when the arguments are baseless.

Luke was a Jedi not a god. Who ever said Jedi were perfect? Who says Jedi never have dark side temptations? There is a whole damn arc on Clone Wars where Yoda literally fights the manifestation of his dark side.

Breathe.

Just Breathe.

If we want to really get serious about what we've scene in the Star Wars theatrical saga, we've NEVER seen the Jedi, as an order really be Jedi-like.

We started the saga with two Jedi remaining in the galaxy because of their failures.

Then we watch another trilogy about how they failed in large part due to them NOT being Jedi-like and abandoning what it truly means to be Jedi.

We've never SEEN theatrically how the Jedi order are truly supposed to be. The prequels had a **** load of complaints but one was NEVER "They were not Jedi-like" when which is exactly led to their demise as seen in the films.

Luke thought about doing EXACTLY WHAT MACE WINDU WAS GOING TO DO TO PALPATINE YET PEOPLE NEVER *****ED ABOUT MACE NOT BEING JEDI-LIKE. YET LUKE DIDNT GIVE IN TO HIS DARK SIDE URGES THE WAY MACE WAS CLEARLY GOING TO DO YET LUKE IS THE ONE THAT'S NOT JEDI-LIKE?

LUKE EMBODIED WHAT THE JEDI ARE SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT IN THIS MOVIE.

You guys are LITERALLY ignoring everything Yoda said in this movie.

I swear people just ***** because they refuse to think about anything with any kind of depth. You guys don't know what you ****ing want.

Mace was about that lyfe tho.

But my real big issue with Luke is this: Luke is one of the most iconic characters in cinema history. If you're gonna have him do a180 flip on his character from 40 years ago, you gotta give me more context than two flashback scenes from two different points of view to help me understand that better.

I'm good with the decisions they made for his character. I'm good with him "retiring" or whatever. Or being a grey Jedi. Whatever. As one of the OG Star War legends, he deserves a better storyline. Instead of that, we got Finn and Rose going on a ******** mission that led to absolutely nothing.

Mace was about that lyfe tho.

But my real big issue with Luke is this: Luke is one of the most iconic characters in cinema history. If you're gonna have him do a180 flip on his character from 40 years ago, you gotta give me more context than two flashback scenes from two different points of view to help me understand that better.

As one of the OG Star War legends, he deserves a better storyline. Instead of that, we got Finn and Rose going on a bull**** mission that led to absolutely nothing.

So blame JJ for putting him on the island. Rian gave Luke a hero's ending. He gave so much depth to his character. What Luke storyline would have satisfied you? Honestly?

Back
Top Bottom