Starbury Big Ben Wallace Sig Shoe PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8742520e82e0a5e6d03eed2e45d295393948711.pjpg

23035048edbfe2ca53ebd8aeec3bc4bffdca616.pjpg

08f35b02ec31e1205308d503ea7aef1577fcb70.pjpg

They are comfortable for a $14.99 shoe

clean shoe but it just looks like the starburys with a strap....thinkin about coppin a pair or two of the starburys or these for the park

they actually compared these to the lebron 5 in a article...turned out to be really close, even if the Lebron is a better shoe for that price difference thisis a good option for kids that can't afford more then $20 for a basketball shoe.

It's so subjective, how could you legitimately compare them? It was likely just people who were offended and bothered by the fact some shoes cost upward ofa bill and that LeBron said what he said. Short of creating some sort of machine that just pounds and pounds away on either the eva or the zoom and measuresthe level of shock absorption and deterioration, I still believe my name brand shoes are generally better than Starbury's which I have had and still have.I would break my foot of heel coming down from a jump in the Starbury's

doesnt mean you pay $100+ a shoe you get $100+ technology...more than half the price is what you pay to have the brand on your feet. marketing pure and simple.seriously a bag of air under your feet for $100+? nike has reaped the cost of developing zoom air technology ages ago. i still love my nikes and have yet toown any of the starburys but i think they definitely have a great thing going for young kids and its nice to see more and more players joining these otherbrands to help make superstar sponsored kicks for kids. big ups to those guys.

however, i didnt like the feel of the starbury when i tried them, but im diggin the big bens, so if i ever swing by a steve and barry maybe ill get some newoutdoor shoes.

nice pic jordanfan2k7

It doesnt mean you pay $100+ a shoe you get $100+ technology...more than half the price is what you pay to have the brand on your feet. marketing pure andsimple. seriously a bag of air under your feet for $100+? nike has reaped the cost of developing zoom air technology ages ago. i still love my nikes and haveyet to own any of the starburys but i think they definitely have a great thing going for young kids and its nice to see more and more players joining theseother brands to help make superstar sponsored kicks for kids. big ups to those guys.

however, i didnt like the feel of the starbury when i tried them, but im diggin the big bens, so if i ever swing by a steve and barry maybe ill get some newoutdoor shoes.

i dunno, i got 4 pairs of these and i like em. they do look like a little like starbury's with a strap, but they're still dope. for $15, you can'tgo wrong.

they actually compared these to the lebron 5 in a article...turned out to be really close
No -- they aren't remotely close.

I can't believe the way Sean Gregory mis-reported my words and opinions. I spent 4 different occasions by phone being interviewed, and spent 2 hours doingdiagrams for him. He didn't quote me when I clearly said the two were worlds apart SEVERAL times. I couldn'tstress this enough to him.

The Lebron V and Big Ben are MILES away from each other, and because the reporter had no clue what Phyposite, Carbon Fiber, and Zoom Air do from afunctionality standpoint, he ended up comparing leathers, putting words in my mouth regarding the strap functionality, and misconstruing the two and their VASTdifferences.

They aren't close.

One is $140. One is $15.

They both have the shape of an athletic shoe -- that's about it.

In breaking down the shoes -- you'll get what you pay for.

^ I agree with most of that but both these sneaks probably don't cost more than the 15 dollars of the Starburys. In the end though its can you ball or notcause its a dude at my gym that rocks the 1st Starburys and dude is that deal.

that article is pretty misleading then...a lot of people who don't know shoes might think something else...

a lot of haters here, a lil insecurty? people feel their own shoes are diminished by another company releasing a 15 dollar price tag?

this is needed in the industry, competition drives down prices and forces companies to put out better products

its just sad that big ben has is own shoes and he sucks, freakin highway robbery

blackcat23mj is money on it, Steve and Barrys is too far for me, but I wouldnt wear those without an insole cuz i got arthiritic an knee

I think what Starbury and Steve&Barry's are doing is amazing. Its definately needed in the industry and give a great alternative to all the kids andparents who can't afford to buy Jordans and Lebrons. But to compare these shoes performance and technology wise is flat out stupid.

To the general public that doesn't care about technology in their shoes, or that doesn't care about performance benefits, the Starbury and Lebron V mayseem similar. But for anyone who tries them on or spends any time playing in both shoes, the difference should be immediately apparent.

Its true that shoes dont make the player, the player makes the player, but when you get a bit older your knees will thank you for playing in something moreforgiving than a pair of Starburys (at least pop an insole in the starburys)

Now I think if you're going to compare shoes, compare the $70 Pony Quix to the $15 Starbury. That would definately be a closer comparison and I thinkwe'd be surprised by the results.

B1LLY - You have a link to the article? I'm interested to see what this guy had to say.

blackcat23mj wrote:
It doesnt mean you pay $100+ a shoe you get $100+ technology...more than half the price is what you pay to have the brand on your feet. marketing pure and simple. seriously a bag of air under your feet for $100+? nike has reaped the cost of developing zoom air technology ages ago. i still love my nikes and have yet to own any of the starburys but i think they definitely have a great thing going for young kids and its nice to see more and more players joining these other brands to help make superstar sponsored kicks for kids. big ups to those guys.

Agreed!!I love Starbury for this. The actual shoe that he wears... you can go buy. And not in some fancy PE colorway. The colors he wears... areavailable to all (well, all near a Steve and Barry's).

I really wanted to like them and buy them, but trying them on once, I knew they were not even worth the price tag for me. They felt like cement on my feet. Thetoe box was oddly shaped too. The Chuck Taylors I was wearing felt more comfortable, and also did not want to take any risks coming off an injury.

Still a very nice effort and I applaud the whole "movement." I would have bought a pair if they had more cushioning and were not so incredibly stiff.

B1LLY - You have a link to the article? I'm interested to see what this guy had to say.
It's in the Issue w/ the iPhone cover. The web version doesn't have the comparison diagram.

Back
Top Bottom