Started my own business!

AAE89136-36FA-4F37-A4C0-D6440E2E1669.jpeg

But for real tho, good luck OP.

Lol thanks for the feedback.. there are other companies that do the same thing, maybe somebody can inform me more on copyright laws & how some get away with it and some don’t

I’m all for personal enterprise and small business entrepreneurials so if this is what you plan on seriously doing for the near future a piece of advice for you given to me from someone who has started multi million dollar software companies get you a banker, a lawyer and an accountant.
Best of luck, homie! We all rooting for you!

My only question is how are the other companies not being required to cease and desist if they are doing the exact same thing

Dope idea OP and good on you for starting it up but like some mentioned already, smells like a lawsuit. Gonna have to read up on copyright.

That Hennessy one is flames though. Gonna have to cop one from you before the cease and desist.

Great idea. Me and wifey always have candles burning. Aroma therapy is very important to us...for the right price we would be very interested and would be long time consumers

Last edited:
Cool idea, in for a

I wouldn't even worry about them. You might just get unlucky one day and your name gets picked out of a hat.

I understand that, Im just trying to get an idea of what has happened to others and how they are still in business and have 3 brick and mortar stores within the tri state area.

Lol thanks for the feedback.. there are other companies that do the same thing, maybe somebody can inform me more on copyright laws & how some get away with it and some don’t
My only question is how are the other companies not being required to cease and desist if they are doing the exact same thing

krider31 krider31 It's highly possible that those candles are originating outside of the US so it simply is NOT worthwhile for lawyers to go after those people.

In the short term, you should consider making 'aftermarket' labels that look like the labels on the bottle in design ONLY but have entirely different words/phrases/logos. This will probably require more effort from you as you'd have to remove the existing label and spend extra on creating/applying a new one.

I was gifted a henny joint a couple years back as birthday gift :lol:

I'll try to take a pic later

Does the henny candle smell like henny?

Also I wouldn’t worry about a lawsuit. Don C took snap backs, added leather and snake skin to them & resold for $400. Eventually Mitchell & ness cut him a check.

I’m not sure about the laws but using a pre existing item & customizing it is a lil different. You could say the same about sneakers customitzers using nikes as a base.

Back
Top Bottom