Started my own business!

Selling shirts during the last World Cup with some logos, I believe adidas was the one who filed against him. Other than that, I have no more details.

Id keep the operation small, you probably wont get hit with anyone but if you do all these profits going right down the drain. Honestly you should have looked into this more before starting. Thinking “these guys do it and they are fine” cant cut it, you dont know if they looked up the legal ramifications and looked into it and found a way to go around it.

Selling shirts during the last World Cup with some logos, I believe adidas was the one who filed against him. Other than that, I have no more details.

Id keep the operation small, you probably wont get hit with anyone but if you do all these profits going right down the drain. Honestly you should have looked into this more before starting. Thinking “these guys do it and they are fine” cant cut it, you dont know if they looked up the legal ramifications and looked into it and found a way to go around it.

Thanks for the info

Multiple people are doing this on Etsy. And other websites. Repurposed liquor bottles is big business. Soap dispensers. Used as lights

did you source your own bottles or scents?

the supplier might not get in trouble. But you sure might.

Kind of iffy territory.

Lol thanks for the feedback.. there are other companies that do the same thing, maybe somebody can inform me more on copyright laws & how some get away with it and some don’t

This is a dope idea, my guy! Also, I'm an attorney (criminal/government relations background), but I don't practice patent or intellectual property law . . .I'll give you my line of reasoning why you may be okay though:

The easiest way to avoid copyright infringement is to classify your candles as, "art," that are exempt due to fair use. Since you're utilizing the bottles for a purpose that differs from its "
original purpose for which it was created,” that will positively affect your argument. Additionally, due to the copyrighted material in question being owned by a large commercial conglomerate, your use is unlikely to have a substantial impact on their market, nor will it substantially dilute their brand. Conversely, you might run into trouble because you didn't alter the original label enough to set apart your art from the original bottle. All things to think about, but all in all, you should definitely consult an attorney who is more versed in IP law.

Tired of the same ol same ol from my 9-5, so invested some money into some power tools and started my candle company.

Follow the Instagram: BuyTheBarCandles

Check out the website AND give me some feedback in the comments! preciate it NT Fam

www.buythebarcandles.squarespace.com

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom