Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

What do you guys do if you see someone doing an exercise completely wrong in a manner in which they could really hurt themselves?
Do you give em any tips or just let them rock?

You should try sprinting and exercises that work out the whole body.

Taking in 3000-3500 calories a day im currently at 207lbs pretty low body fat ill post some pics later. Been following this thread for while since the first just never really got around to posting much. Been working out since my first year out of hs though so about 4yrs now.

Changed my routine up last week.

Monday: Kettle ball swing warmup/ Romanian deadlift 275 5x5/cable pull through (bend over with rope in between your legs and pull through with your hips) 100lbs 5x10/lat pull down 180lbs 3x10/ bent over row 225lb 5x5/ dumbbell snatch 50lbs 5x5/wide grip pull ups each rep until failure.

Wednesday: Jump rope and body lunges warm up/ squat 245lbs 3x10 (light but effective with amount of reps)/single leg squats on a smith press 155lbs 3x10/ 60lbs dumbbell lunges 3x10/ Seated leg press 400lbs 5x5 (seat as low as possible)/ calve raises until I cant walk haha.

Friday: Bench press 275lbs 5x3 15 push ups in between sets/ Dumbbell bench press 80lbs 3x10(slow reps and a 2 seconds squeeze at the top)/30lb dumbbell flys 3x10/ military press 70lbs 3x8 or 10 reps/ mixed grip pull ups until failure.

I need the weather in ny to get better so I can actually do some sprinting on a real track I hate running in doors, I have'nt done any cardio since november.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

What do you guys do if you see someone doing an exercise completely wrong in a manner in which they could really hurt themselves?

If it's something where they could hurt themselves mid-lift, then I'll go talk to them after their set and just explain why it's unsafe.  If it's just bad form that can cause wear-and-tear over time, or just no results, I usually leave them alone unless they ask me.

I dont bother saying a word. There are hundreds of dudes who lift at the gym and maybe 50% of them lift improperly...you cant go around correcting all of them. The lifts I see people usually doing with horrible form are bent over rows and dead lifts.
i can deadlift 500
No you cant.

i try to help out dead lift is the exercise i see the most with improper form

Yea I was going to ask the same question. I see folks working out WRONG so often. I want to say something but I let people do their own thing.

For my nutrition dudes, I heard eating FAT FREE and LOW FAT versions of foods could actually be worse than eating the real version. Is this true? If so can you explain? I tried finding info on it but my Google skills are lacking today.

I let them go.

just about done rehabbing from a torn wrist ligament, time to start lifting again. it's gonna be pretty embarassing for a while, gotta go in the morning when there's not a lot of ppl around watchin me bench 35

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

i can deadlift 500

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
?
No you cant.
did it in the 11th grade..

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea I was going to ask the same question. I see folks working out WRONG so often. I want to say something but I let people do their own thing.

For my nutrition dudes, I heard eating FAT FREE and LOW FAT versions of foods could actually be worse than eating the real version. Is this true? If so can you explain? I tried finding info on it but my Google skills are lacking today.

In order to compensate for the lack of fat, companies will put artificial products into food that aren't fat but still taste similar to fats.  Its done so that the product still tastes similar to the real thing but is full of man-made artificial chemicals.

Im trying to find some comparison photos from google, but im not having any luck.  Next time youre in a grocery store compare the label/ingredients of a free/reduced fat item and the regular product.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

So you've actually loaded a bar with 5 plates plus a 2.5 on each side of the bar?

I believe him.

He sent me a picture after he did it to prove it....

food_image.jpg

Leaving my mark in this thread. So far I've been in the gym for 2 weeks. I'm on a cutting diet, between 1500-1800 calories a day. Gym 4x a week, basketball after each day. I'm trying to get down to 160 by March and the first week of July have my ideal body. I'm going to take pictures month to month.

January 18th 190 LBS. 20% Body Fat 5'7"
January 26th 188 LBS.

What's the point of even saying something like "I can deadlift 500 pounds".

There are some really strong dudes in here...you dont see them talking about how much they can lift.

And if you do make a claim like that, you better be able to back it up with a video. Other wise, hush up, though.

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

just about done rehabbing from a torn wrist ligament, time to start lifting again. it's gonna be pretty embarassing for a while, gotta go in the morning when there's not a lot of ppl around watchin me bench 35
thats nothing. a girl saw me bench press with 5 pounds on each side and when i was done, i knocked my head on the bar when i was trying to get up. the only time i find a white girl attractive stuff happens

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Leaving my mark in this thread. So far I've been in the gym for 2 weeks. I'm on a cutting diet, between 1500-1800 calories a day. Gym 4x a week, basketball after each day. I'm trying to get down to 160 by March and the first week of July have my ideal body. I'm going to take pictures month to month.

January 26th 188 LBS.

thats way to low on the cals. are you a girl?

why is it too low on the cals if "he" is tryna lose weight? Correct me if Im wrong but he needs to eat around that many calories to see weight loss

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

January 26th 188 LBS.

thats way to low on the cals. are you a girl?

why is it too low on the cals if "he" is tryna lose weight? Correct me if Im wrong but he needs to eat around that many calories to see weight loss

If he wasnt exercising.  Hes exercising often so it is low. 

i am at 188 from 190 last week gotta get to 180 and maintain that till summer. I do the abs weekly workout from mens health mag
and i end each workout with a 30 or 45 minute run, varies on how i feel. Any other good workouts you guys suggest for losing 10 pounds maybe 15
im 6'0 ft btw

also i aiming for no more then 1800 calories each day

nerd.gif

Does anyone recommend fat burners? Ive been eating right about 5-6 times a day and lifting/cardio 3-4 days a week but I believe my metabolism is really slow.

What are some good ephedra free fat burners? Animal Cuts?

Back
Top Bottom