Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

How many exercises do you guys do on each day? I think I may be overdoing it. On arms day I do like 8. On chest and shoulders like 9 combined just for example is that too many ?

Try not to do over 20 sets and you will be fine.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Yea I say just try each body part with fewer excercises because I think that although with more excercises your able to probably hit each group from different angles and stimulate growth, maybe your later excercises like from your 5-8th are suffering because the muscle group is already tired. Maybe if you do less excercises your able to increase the intensity in some way because you won't have to worry about doing another 3-4 excercises.

If my way isn't doing good for you go back to your normal routine if your seeing gains. No need to fix what ain't broken.
Yeah true, but another thing. How do you know when you should move up in weights? For examples for preacher curls I go 110 at 10 reps, 120 at 8 and 140 at 6. Should I try to do more reps at 140 or cut out the 110 and do more at 120 and 140?
Yes in bold.

Fam..

Whats your take on Chocolate Milk regularly as a post-workout drink?

Being in school, its harder to focus my time in the gym and still be wired to study lol

I only ask because I'm thinking that an over abundance of lactose content might not be great for you in the long run.

I regularly already eat cheese with most of my sandwiches and I rarely have crereal in the morning so I should be alright no?

I know its all about moderation but just looking for a second opinion.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Fam..

Being in school, its harder to focus my time in the gym and still be wired to study lol

I only ask because I'm thinking that an over abundance of lactose content might not be great for you in the long run.

I regularly already eat cheese with most of my sandwiches and I rarely have crereal in the morning so I should be alright no?

Unless you're sensitive to lactose, it's not much of an issue, but I don't know what your training goals are, what you're eatingfor (i.e. gaining muscle vs. losing bodyfat) or how you work out, so I can't offer much help without a few specifics. As far as chocolate milk as apost-workout... let's put it this way, it's better than nothing, but you're better off with a clean meal of like.... chicken and white rice or leanfish (tilapia, cod, flounder) and a plain baked potato, or having a whey protein shake with some gatorade or something after a workout if you're doingsome serious strength training.

Im not sore today! haha.. seems like doing an extra 12 reps really has an effect on me.

I can finally do some cardio

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Yea I say just try each body part with fewer excercises because I think that although with more excercises your able to probably hit each group from different angles and stimulate growth, maybe your later excercises like from your 5-8th are suffering because the muscle group is already tired. Maybe if you do less excercises your able to increase the intensity in some way because you won't have to worry about doing another 3-4 excercises.

If my way isn't doing good for you go back to your normal routine if your seeing gains. No need to fix what ain't broken.
Yeah true, but another thing. How do you know when you should move up in weights? For examples for preacher curls I go 110 at 10 reps, 120 at 8 and 140 at 6. Should I try to do more reps at 140 or cut out the 110 and do more at 120 and 140?
Yes in bold.

how u coming in here for advice and you throwin up those kind of numbers?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Fam..

Unless you're sensitive to lactose, it's not much of an issue, but I don't know what your training goals are, what you're eating for (i.e. gaining muscle vs. losing bodyfat) or how you work out, so I can't offer much help without a few specifics. As far as chocolate milk as a post-workout... let's put it this way, it's better than nothing, but you're better off with a clean meal of like.... chicken and white rice or lean fish (tilapia, cod, flounder) and a plain baked potato, or having a whey protein shake with some gatorade or something after a workout if you're doing some serious strength training.

I noticed you mentioned a meal before a PWO shake. Is a meal really better PWO because i've been taking the shake and then eating 1-2 hours later.

Originally Posted by I3

Yeah my carbs are usually just pre and post workout.. im probably around 100g a day.. my diet is like 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs..

i'll have a carb up day maybe 1x a week or a cheat meal such as mcd's or pizza.

Carlos Tevez cheers for the info, im sort of getting bored of a 5day a week programme, id like to try that 3 day split focusing on complete body workouts.
Thats a bad ratio of macronutrients.

Fam..

Unless you're sensitive to lactose, it's not much of an issue, but I don't know what your training goals are, what you're eating for (i.e. gaining muscle vs. losing bodyfat) or how you work out, so I can't offer much help without a few specifics. As far as chocolate milk as a post-workout... let's put it this way, it's better than nothing, but you're better off with a clean meal of like.... chicken and white rice or lean fish (tilapia, cod, flounder) and a plain baked potato, or having a whey protein shake with some gatorade or something after a workout if you're doing some serious strength training.
I knew that specifics would somehow get tied in haha. But yeah, just trying stay lean thats all. Not trying to get overly big, just corestrengthening.

But good looks about the chocolate milk. Thanks.

At 5'7, I play basketball specifically so I try to keep my agility and speed up to point than massive for a linebacker position.

Originally Posted by WarMachine

Fam..

I noticed you mentioned a meal before a PWO shake. Is a meal really better PWO because i've been taking the shake and then eating 1-2 hours later.
Again, that depends on your goals. If you're trying to put on as much muscle as possible, then you want that shake at the gym when you'redone training, and then you want a meal about 1 hour later. For someone trying to stay lean, and just wanting to get stronger, you're probably better offwith just whole food, so get a clean meal of lean protein and lean, fast-digesting carbs and little or no fat.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by I3

Yeah my carbs are usually just pre and post workout.. im probably around 100g a day.. my diet is like 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs..

i'll have a carb up day maybe 1x a week or a cheat meal such as mcd's or pizza.

Carlos Tevez cheers for the info, im sort of getting bored of a 5day a week programme, id like to try that 3 day split focusing on complete body workouts.
Thats a bad ratio of macronutrients.

In what way?

All my fats are from oils, nuts and nut butters, at around 100g, my protein is around 150-70g and the rest is carbs. its worked for me so far, I feel rippedand dont feel pudgy.

^ I was basically doing that for 2 weeks, it was so hard to keep it up, especially after I went back home and had those awesome carbs.

hey audi I just got those EFX kre-alks, how are they? no bloating or anything right?
i believe its part of the reason I AM

Natural%20Freak%20logo.jpg

Originally Posted by Al Audi

http://vimeo.com/pt/videos
He posts regularly at another forum I frequent at. He doesn't do cardio and he has pics of him downing whole pizzas with a big $%$ box ofcookies then goes to the gym munching on mcgriddles. Its not fair.

He also does two full workouts in one day pretty much everyday. (newbs don't do this unless your diet is on point)

He posts regularly at another forum I frequent at. He doesn't do cardio and he has pics of him downing whole pizzas with a big $%$ box of cookies then goes to the gym munching on mcgriddles. Its not fair.

He also does two full workouts in one day pretty much everyday. (newbs don't do this unless your diet is on point)
I can't even keep off weight unless I'm dieting hardcore AND doing HIIT and you're telling me this?!

dawson_crying.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

He posts regularly at another forum I frequent at. He doesn't do cardio and he has pics of him downing whole pizzas with a big $%$ box of cookies then goes to the gym munching on mcgriddles. Its not fair.

I can't even keep off weight unless I'm dieting hardcore AND doing HIIT and you're telling me this?!

dawson_crying.gif

roll.gif

That Kane fella.. his physique is insane..

I'll never get to that level lol if I spent my whole life training even.

Back
Top Bottom