Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

keithsweatsjordans wrote:
I forgot to ask, is this your post-workout shake?

Or just weight gainer shakes you drink throughout the day?

Just wanted to clarify. 
laugh.gif

Both!!! All of the food is WHOLE and usually organic if I can afford it. Although, supplements such as creatine, beta alanine, whey, etc aren't natural.
I3 wrote:
Damn this bulking business is hard.. im trying to eat clean, but i dont think im actually growing lol.. i need to eat more foood its soo tiring

I gave up that clean bulking business up a while ago. It's not practical. 

Yes, I eat a lot of veggies, whole, natural clean food. 

But if I wasn't able to cook that day due to time restraints, I simple order a pizza and mou down!

Understanding and hitting your caloric and macronutirent numbers everyday is the only thing thats important, unless you are REALLY REALLY concerned with overall health. 500 cals is 500 cals whether its from a big mac or from straight spinach. 

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

I forgot to ask, is this your post-workout shake?

Or just weight gainer shakes you drink throughout the day?

Just wanted to clarify. 
laugh.gif

Both!!! All of the food is WHOLE and usually organic if I can afford it. Although, supplements such as creatine, beta alanine, whey, etc aren't natural.

Alright cool I'm gonna cop me a blender and start taking these shakes, and I think I'm gonna change my routine and start doing 5/3/1 after my spring break as well. 

Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox

anyone have good cottage cheese concoctions?  

Tried it with hot sauce 
sick.gif

My go to power meal is:

Plain Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Sugar free Jam
Mixed Berries
Special K Cereal Protein plus

If all we needed was 2,000+ pushups and situps to be in shape there wouldn't be any gyms.

I like cottage cheese with smashed potatoes, good on bulk

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

is it ok to drink protein shakes as a meal replacement if you're trying to lose...? what about on rest days?

my typical routine is 3 days strength (with weights) and 20 min cardio and 2 days of about 40 min cardio.

a diet will be:

breakfast- oatmeal, banana, flax seed pill and biotin
snack- peanuts and peas or spinach
lunch- spinach salad or turkey burger(no bun) with broccoli, flax seed pill
snack- mandarin oranges, or sweet potato, or tuna, or wheat bread with all natural peanut butter
dinner- (post workout) - 1 - 1 1/2 scoop of whey, 1 scoop or rolled oats, 1 1/2 scoop of berries, 1 tbl peanut butter, fat free milk and a flax seed pill

is that for dinner ok. that is usually filling so i dont get hungry. but is it ok to take the whey on my rest days?
damn with a dinner like that you really are on a diet.....your list looks fine, you'll burn whatever you need to burn in the gym.

don't know what the pills are for though.
lol. thanks. biotin is for healthy skin, hair, and nails. flax seed oil is for a healthy heart, cholesterol, and reduces hunger. also how long does it usually take to see results...i mean i feel it in my pants a little and i think i lost 3 lbs...only been doing this for the second week. but im pretty sure that 3lbs was just water weight anyways.

Good receipe for protein pancakes....1 whole egg 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, tsp vanilla or cinnamon blend it all up and cook add some sug free syrup so good

O ya and a cottage cheese one... i usually use 1 cup cottage cheese 2 spoonfulls of natty peanut butter and then shake in whatever kinda of sugfree pudding mix usually vannilla and run it through the food processor comes out tasting like a cheesecake filling

In regards to cottage cheese...man up and just eat it straight up lol.

Its an acquired taste...I couldn't eat it alone at first..but now I can. =)

You have not discovered the true meaning of life until you mix cottage cheese with almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter and or macadamia nut butter. The stuff is so good I had to stop buying it because it's all I ever wanted to eat all day.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by nighthawk9421

NT what do u think of the product Thermogenic push, and abdominal cuts?

Why take the risk spending money on products that arent as reputable as some of the other well known thermogenics out there? We all know Ephedrine + Caffeine is scientifically proven, and then you have other products like OxyElite Pro (I've never tried it) that are said to be very good.

I3 wrote:
Damn this bulking business is hard.. im trying to eat clean, but i dont think im actually growing lol.. i need to eat more foood its soo tiring
I gave up that clean bulking business up a while ago. It's not practical. 

Yes, I eat a lot of veggies, whole, natural clean food. 

But if I wasn't able to cook that day due to time restraints, I simple order a pizza and mou down!

Understanding and hitting your caloric and macronutirent numbers everyday is the only thing thats important, unless you are REALLY REALLY concerned with overall health. 500 cals is 500 cals whether its from a big mac or from straight spinach. 

agreed, while im still gonna eat clean for the most part im not gonna be as strict. bout to get my first pizza in a long time right now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I3

hard for some yeah, when it comes to stuffing yourself...financially though it can be hard for alot of folks.....eat so much, that you tend to run out of food quick.

tired.gif
 I just picked up a great appetite than I catch a cold, and lose it.  That's the worst because for skinny dudes its tough trying to eat 6 meals a day already ... and yeah, financially it can be a hit to the pockets as well.

Thank BASEDGOD for the 2 for 1 Burritos @ Chipotle #SCHWAG!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by tkthafm

The proof is in the pudding. There's a science behind this. 

Why are neither powerlifters, olympic lifters, strong men, bodybuilders, or the vast majority of pro-athletes, including other MMA fighters not doing thousands of body weight exercises if they are so beneficial ?
laugh.gif
There is your proof.

You realize in doing a pushup you are basically bench pressing 60% of your body weight. In other words you can go to the gym and bench whatever that number is 700 times in a row. Think about how stupid this is.  Let me help you out:

Spoiler [+]
hypertrophyrippetoe.jpg

The titles after 20 reps speak for themselves. 

Without adding weight to the exercises (which is much more awkward especially at high weights compared to a barbell) you are going to be using a % of your 1RM max that is too low for strength gains or hypertrophy gains. It is the equivalent of curling a piece of paper until your arms are too sore to bend upwards anymore. Sure, you can do it, but what in the hell is the point ? 

Please do your research. German and Indian body builders from years ago used ONLY BODY WEIGHT to get big and strong. IT works. Just twice as hard and takes longer. That is my point

Strong retort there sir. 
roll.gif

first off ..no romo ..lol...lost the 40 in 2 months ..now I need to get this stubborn last spots of fat on ..Should I up my cardio or just bulk up ..trying to gain 10 pounds of muscle..
2 months ago..pls dont laugh..lol
laugh.gif
sick.gif

couple days ago....my chest is still pissing me offff!!!!

is it ok to drink protein shakes as a meal replacement if you're trying to lose...? what about on rest days?

my typical routine is 3 days strength (with weights) and 20 min cardio and 2 days of about 40 min cardio.

a diet will be:

breakfast- oatmeal, banana, flax seed pill and biotin
snack- peanuts and peas or spinach
lunch- spinach salad or turkey burger(no bun) with broccoli, flax seed pill
snack- mandarin oranges, or sweet potato, or tuna, or wheat bread with all natural peanut butter
dinner- (post workout) - 1 - 1 1/2 scoop of whey, 1 scoop or rolled oats, 1 1/2 scoop of berries, 1 tbl peanut butter, fat free milk and a flax seed pill

is that for dinner ok. that is usually filling so i dont get hungry. but is it ok to take the whey on my rest days?
damn with a dinner like that you really are on a diet.....your list looks fine, you'll burn whatever you need to burn in the gym.

don't know what the pills are for though.
lol. thanks. biotin is for healthy skin, hair, and nails. flax seed oil is for a healthy heart, cholesterol, and reduces hunger. also how long does it usually take to see results...i mean i feel it in my pants a little and i think i lost 3 lbs...only been doing this for the second week. but im pretty sure that 3lbs was just water weight anyways.

About 3 months, or 2 depending on how much work you"re putting in, but by 3 months you'll definitely feel and see the difference, can't tell within the first month.Working out and eating right is a process.

Back
Top Bottom