Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Can somebody embed this video for me:

Alot of stuff to think about especially with those of us who want to put on size the right way.

This is rubbish. Keep your diet on point and continue to lift and you will get bigger.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Set a new PR in the gym today...deadlifts, 3x5 @ 225 lbs. 2 plates a side feels good.
pimp.gif

Nice, I love doing DLs.. feels good. I hope to get on your level by Feb at least.

Can someone post up a good video of correct deadlift form?

I feel my form is slowly slipping..

My first time in this thread....I'm not looking to get super big nor am I looking to get skinny.

Simply put, I just wanna feel better. I feel sluggish at my current weight, but I've always been a bit stocky.

Anything you guys suggest?

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

My first time in this thread....I'm not looking to get super big nor am I looking to get skinny.

Simply put, I just wanna feel better. I feel sluggish at my current weight, but I've always been a bit stocky.

Anything you guys suggest?
I feel that alot of the sluggishness come from eating junk food, as well as not going to bed at the right time and getting enough sleep. I wouldtell you to try and get 7-8 hrs sleep each night, and go to bed before 1 a.m. For the food you gotta start just eating whole foods that are unprocessed orminimally processed especially meats, and just stick with it for 2 weeks and you'll def see an improvement. Just eat some whole foods with some fiber likeveggies and what not and that will help aid the cleaning out of your system and let it readjust.

After that I say you start with some body weight excercises for a bit then head to the gym.

besides eating healthy... for some reason after doing like 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical I feel a lot better throughout the day.

I'm currently taking martial arts. Whats the best way to make my hook kicks/side kicks stronger? Since its all in the core and legs, what workouts are bestto work those out besides crunches and running? i dont have access to a gym btw.

I need a good ab workout or plan or somethin....
my six pack has become non-existent within a matter of months
and I have no idea wat I'm doin wrong (well, I kinda do)
Its crazy cuz I'm in the gym at least 4 days a week, and for the last few months I'm seeing no progress
any help?

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Set a new PR in the gym today...deadlifts, 3x5 @ 225 lbs. 2 plates a side feels good.
pimp.gif

Nice, I love doing DLs.. feels good. I hope to get on your level by Feb at least.
It doesn't take long. I mean, I'm not big or strong by any stretch of the imagination.

Originally Posted by I3

Can someone post up a good video of correct deadlift form?

I feel my form is slowly slipping..
I got you.� This is the BEST video by far on how to perform deadlift correctly.� Watch the whole video, this dude knows what he is talking about.

Durden7, can you post this on the front page?� Very good and informational video.� Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/v/8u899wRnwqs&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0http://www.youtube.com/v/8u899wRnwqs&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0 http://www.youtube.com/v/8u899wRnwqs&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0http://www.youtube.com/v/8u899wRnwqs&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0 http://www.youtube.com/v/8u899wRnwqs&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0http://www.youtube.com/v/8u899wRnwqs&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0

Originally Posted by chino905

I'm currently taking martial arts. Whats the best way to make my hook kicks/side kicks stronger? Since its all in the core and legs, what workouts are best to work those out besides crunches and running? i dont have access to a gym btw.

taekwondo? IF you are I might be able to give some advice. Are you looking for pure power? or are you planning to spar.

Regardless, stretch and having the range of motion for your hips is extremely important. I have an injury and it's messed all my right leg kicks up.

I'm currently taking martial arts. Whats the best way to make my hook kicks/side kicks stronger? Since its all in the core and legs, what workouts are best to work those out besides crunches and running? i dont have access to a gym btw.

a lot of power in kicking comes from flexibility. work on stretching

jumping rope is good too and some plyometrics.

I'm trying to get in better shape, I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week but I know my diet is what's killing me. Any one got any good suggestions oneasy meals or a good diet? I work 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday and its hard to find the right thing to eat.

Originally Posted by F3rN7

I'm trying to get in better shape, I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week but I know my diet is what's killing me. Any one got any good suggestions on easy meals or a good diet? I work 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday and its hard to find the right thing to eat.
Personally, I snack every 2 hours. Small proportions, it range anything from low fat tuna, hot cereal, dried fruits & nuts, protein bars,fresh fruit (apples, bananas), anything green I can get my hands on. It varies everyday but that's just a general idea.

Check out this general list of food you should think about when it comes to eating.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/softball21.htm

Originally Posted by nkwu11

taekwondo? IF you are I might be able to give some advice. Are you looking for pure power? or are you planning to spar.

Regardless, stretch and having the range of motion for your hips is extremely important. I have an injury and it's messed all my right leg kicks up.

I'm actually doing Jeet Kune Do right now, but any advice you would like to give me would be great. Yes I am looking for more power in my kicks and I doplan do spar but i have to wait a few more weeks before I'm allowed to since i just stared a month ago. Yea, I've been more flexible now than i'vebeen my entire life.
laugh.gif
i can finally touch my toes when i stretch now
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by dgk3188

hmm I'll start jumping rope as well then if this will help.

I'm starting to cut now. Barely put on any muscle but I hate feeling bloated and heavy all the time.

These shirts are getting a little too tight for me also.

I'm trying to put on any weight that I can. I'm 5'11 about 160-165. Trying to hopefully get to 180-185. Just had a couple of questions hopefullysomeone can help me out.

Is eating every two hours or so in small portions better than eating 2-3 large meals for weight gaining?
Also if I were to do push ups daily increasing the amount would that increase any muscle mass? Obviously doing pushups has a ceiling but anything would help.
Or any other exercises that are beneficial with free weights?

Originally Posted by moundraised23

I need a good ab workout or plan or somethin....
my six pack has become non-existent within a matter of months
and I have no idea wat I'm doin wrong (well, I kinda do)
Its crazy cuz I'm in the gym at least 4 days a week, and for the last few months I'm seeing no progress
any help?
nice avy haha

what's your workout routine and diet like? also, is anything holding you back like sleep, stress, etc?

Verynecessary- same 2 u, lol

I hit da gym (ymca) damn near every mon.-thurs. I started out on just chest and legs.
I just got back into doin cardio. Like 30 min after hitting the weights.

Originally Posted by nkwu11

I'm actually doing Jeet Kune Do right now, but any advice you would like to give me would be great. Yes I am looking for more power in my kicks and I do plan do spar but i have to wait a few more weeks before I'm allowed to since i just stared a month ago. Yea, I've been more flexible now than i've been my entire life.
laugh.gif
i can finally touch my toes when i stretch now
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by dgk3188

hmm I'll start jumping rope as well then if this will help.
i'm glad you went thru with the JKD! how's it going so far?

abs is pretty much on what you eat man...you can do a bazillion crunches and if your eating habit is off its a waste...if anything switch up the absexercise...go to musclefitness.com they got some different routines there...ive been running a lot and even though i lost a lot of body fat i have not done asingle crunches because i know my eating habit it off

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Verynecessary- same 2 u, lol

I hit da gym (ymca) damn near every mon.-thurs. I started out on just chest and legs.
I just got back into doin cardio. Like 30 min after hitting the weights.
the best way to burn off bodyfat is to keep your diet in check. if you're already consistent with what you're eating, try cutting out200-300 calories daily while continuing your workouts and see if that makes any difference after a few weeks. also, try HIIT if you want quicker fat loss.

Back
Top Bottom