Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by I3

Creatine retains water which makes you look inflated correct? IMO i won't touch it till later maybe during a plateau

Basically. I don't like using supplements. I'd rather work my way up with whole food, but I won't knock someone that uses the right ones for their goals.
Not if you take it right, I started using it and it doesn't make me look inflated it just gives me extra strength and endurance in my workouts thats it basically.
It does. If it isnt providing some water retention youre either taking a horrible supplement or not taking it properly.

How you gonna tell this dude if his body looked inflated or not?
laugh.gif
Honestly when I used creatine, I could feel a slight difference in endurance, as I was able to squeeze a few more reps than usual but I didn't really see a marked difference in my physique from the creatine. Some people just don't really respond to it at all

Where did I say anything about him looking inflated?

It's basic scientific principles.

He said it doesn't make him look inflated, you said it does. I'm not gonna argue though, it has different results from person to person. Obviously it provides water retention, but the extent to which it does so differs based on the persons physiology. I had friends who did a complete loading phase and saw no difference at all. I saw a small difference, while some others claim to have seen a big increase in size due to water retention. To just say "it does" isn't completely true. That's all.

You REALLY thought I was talking about the looks of him?
smh.gif
Wow. Check the bolds.

It does though, you cant even claim that if taken properly it wont cause water retention.

"I heard" taking creatine can make you feel bloated? Because of the fillers they have in the ingredients or whatever. Don't quote me on this,just heard it from an employee at my local Vitamin Shoppe.

Originally Posted by I3

Creatine retains water which makes you look inflated correct? IMO i won't touch it till later maybe during a plateau

Basically. I don't like using supplements. I'd rather work my way up with whole food, but I won't knock someone that uses the right ones for their goals.
Not if you take it right, I started using it and it doesn't make me look inflated it just gives me extra strength and endurance in my workouts thats it basically.
It does. If it isnt providing some water retention youre either taking a horrible supplement or not taking it properly.

laugh.gif
Honestly when I used creatine, I could feel a slight difference in endurance, as I was able to squeeze a few more reps than usual but I didn't really see a marked difference in my physique from the creatine. Some people just don't really respond to it at all

He said it doesn't make him look inflated, you said it does. I'm not gonna argue though, it has different results from person to person. Obviously it provides water retention, but the extent to which it does so differs based on the persons physiology. I had friends who did a complete loading phase and saw no difference at all. I saw a small difference, while some others claim to have seen a big increase in size due to water retention. To just say "it does" isn't completely true. That's all.

smh.gif
Wow. Check the bolds.

It does though, you cant even claim that if taken properly it wont cause water retention.
The parts you bolded clearly show they are talking about size, not just water retention. I already agreed with the point that it does cause waterretention, that's the whole point of it. On the contrary, you can't claim that the amount of water retention it causes is the same for every person.Meaning some people see a change in size while others don't.

Originally Posted by I3

laugh.gif

smh.gif
Wow. Check the bolds.

The parts you bolded clearly show they are talking about size, not just water retention. I already agreed with the point that it does cause water retention, that's the whole point of it. On the contrary, you can't claim that the amount of water retention it causes is the same for every person. Meaning some people see a change in size while others don't.

I hope you arent refering to size of muscle. Water retention will also mean an increase in the size of the body so I dont know what youre getting at with thatcomment.

When did I claim its the same for every person?? Please respond to things I type and not what you believe im trying to imply.

A shoulder press is when the lifter is sitting down. A military press is standing. Theres a significant difference between the two actually.
hmmm, could you explain the difference?

Originally Posted by I3

laugh.gif

smh.gif
Wow. Check the bolds.

The parts you bolded clearly show they are talking about size, not just water retention. I already agreed with the point that it does cause water retention, that's the whole point of it. On the contrary, you can't claim that the amount of water retention it causes is the same for every person. Meaning some people see a change in size while others don't.

I hope you arent refering to size of muscle. Water retention will also mean an increase in the size of the body so I dont know what youre getting at with that comment.

When did I claim its the same for every person?? Please respond to things I type and not what you believe im trying to imply.

Look man I'm not gonna argue with you on here and risk getting the thread locked. NOWHERE in my post did I even mention muscles...at all, so let's trynot to imply. Size refers to body, I thought that would be clear. If my BODY doesn't look any bigger after taking creatine, then it would leave me tobelieve that the water retention was not enough to cause my BODY to look inflated, which is what THEY were conversing about. I'm not implying anything. Heasked whether the water retention causes the body to look inflated. Another person responded that in his case it did not. You said IT DOES, which is a blanketstatement. In fact, in some people, creatine supplements cause no water retention AT ALL, as max levels can often be reached through the foods we eat ineveryday life. So again, I'm not implying anything. You said it does, I basically said not neccesarily. End of discussion.

Originally Posted by I3

laugh.gif

smh.gif
Wow. Check the bolds.

I hope you arent refering to size of muscle. Water retention will also mean an increase in the size of the body so I dont know what youre getting at with that comment.

Look man I'm not gonna argue with you on here and risk getting the thread locked. NOWHERE in my post did I even mention muscles...at all, so let's try not to imply. Size refers to body, I thought that would be clear. If my BODY doesn't look any bigger after taking creatine, then it would leave me to believe that the water retention was not enough to cause my BODY to look inflated, which is what THEY were conversing about. I'm not implying anything. He asked whether the water retention causes the body to look inflated. Another person responded that in his case it did not. You said IT DOES, which is a blanket statement. In fact, in some people, creatine supplements cause no water retention AT ALL, as max levels can often be reached through the foods we eat in everyday life. So again, I'm not implying anything. You said it does, I basically said not neccesarily. End of discussion.

This

Look man I'm not gonna argue with you on here and risk getting the thread locked. NOWHERE in my post did I even mention muscles...at all, so let's try not to imply. Size refers to body, I thought that would be clear. If my BODY doesn't look any bigger after taking creatine, then it would leave me to believe that the water retention was not enough to cause my BODY to look inflated, which is what THEY were conversing about. I'm not implying anything. He asked whether the water retention causes the body to look inflated. Another person responded that in his case it did not. You said IT DOES, which is a blanket statement. In fact, in some people, creatine supplements cause no water retention AT ALL, as max levels can often be reached through the foods we eat in everyday life. So again, I'm not implying anything. You said it does, I basically said not neccesarily. End of discussion.

The other thread got locked because it just became a verbal attack. Theres nothing wrong with a civil argument that doesnt involve personal attacks. Im notattacking you.

I know you didnt say muscles, which is why I said I hoped you werent referring to that. You werent, so thats fine.

If your body doesnt look bigger after taking creatine, you would believe that the water retention was not enough tocause your body to look inflated. You might see yourself and not think it caused such a reaction, but it did.

The initial question was a 2 part question. Broken down it asked: 'Does creatine cause water retention" as well as "Will this make me lookinflated?". I was commenting on the first part. Yes, creatine will cause water retention. That part is indisputable. The 2nd part is relative andwould require many observations of the person which no one here has access to so for me to comment on that seems a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure why youinitially assumed that was what I was commenting on.

hmmm, could you explain the difference?
The major difference is that during a military press you have to stabilize your body during the movement. Your abs and lower back will engage(Legs some too) during the exercise which makes it tougher to move the weight. In a shoulder press all the energy is being directed to the shoulders. Yourback is stabilized by the seat.

Do any of you mix your protein powders with anything other than milk or water? I tried vanilla powder with orange juice. Tasted amazing.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Do any of you mix your protein powders with anything other than milk or water? I tried vanilla powder with orange juice. Tasted amazing.
sick.gif
...but if it tastes good to you go ahead I guess lol Iguess it could taste like orange cream which isn't so bad....

I usually just do milk but only because the extra protein it provides, not necessarily for taste.

I've done that before. I was surprised that it doesn't taste horrible.

Strawberry powder with orange juice and a banana is good. Tastes like Orange Julius.

whats the best/healthiest foods to bring for lunch while working? I plan on packing celery,carrots, mixed nuts (pause), bananas, etc for snacks throughout theday, but what should i bring for a whole lunch? Cold Cut Sandwich? PB & J?

Originally Posted by chino905

whats the best/healthiest foods to bring for lunch while working? I plan on packing celery,carrots, mixed nuts (pause), bananas, etc for snacks throughout the day, but what should i bring for a whole lunch? Cold Cut Sandwich? PB & J?

Pistachios, Cashews, and Almonds.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

whats the best/healthiest foods to bring for lunch while working? I plan on packing celery,carrots, mixed nuts (pause), bananas, etc for snacks throughout the day, but what should i bring for a whole lunch? Cold Cut Sandwich? PB & J?

pimp.gif
for lunch? u weak

pimp.gif
for lunch? u weak
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Yea, although Almonds and Cashews are good, I still need to eat lunch.

pimp.gif
for lunch? u weak
Why not?
What do you think is a PB&J sandwich?

If you're eating every 2-3 hours then "lunch" isn't anything special.

I guarantee that I;m not weaker than you.
laugh.gif

^ I just pan fry mine.. add some evoo to the chicken and some spices and im done.

I would like to know how to oven bake as well..

Since I'm really lazy, I bought the George Foreman grill and it can even grill really thick chicken breasts and maintain the juices. Don't gotta cut itup or anything, just season and throw it on. Plus is "grills the fat away"

pimp.gif
for lunch? u weak
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Yea, although Almonds and Cashews are good, I still need to eat lunch.

Forget the whole 3 square meals idea. Just snack during the day when hungry. Nuts keep insulin low, allowing fat burning to continue. I'm not a fan ofeating alot during the day because I lack focus

*Random thought....maybe it's just me, but do yall find it weird to see overweight or REALLY out of shape personal trainers at the gym? They my know their%$#*, but damn...
smh.gif

I'm going to start losing a little weight in january... My problem is that I can't really cut down carbohydrates too much since I have type 1 diabetes.Anyone have any tips that might work for me?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I'm going to start losing a little weight in january... My problem is that I can't really cut down carbohydrates too much since I have type 1 diabetes. Anyone have any tips that might work for me?

Thanks.
You don't need to cut carbs to lose weight. Just cut a few hundred calories, exercise, and have a deficit.

Back
Top Bottom