Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Line a cake pan with aluminum foil. Insert chicken breast(s). Cover with more foil. Voila, juicy DRY #%# chicken.

Fixed
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Line a cake pan with aluminum foil. Insert chicken breast(s). Cover with more foil. Voila, juicy DRY #%# chicken.

Fixed
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
You just dont know what chicken tastes like.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by gberdin

Serious Question: I'm thinkin of taking steroids someone school me on them.

Long term harm. Not worth it... no matter what some idiot tells you "it's OK man, just cycle it...blahblahblah"
only he can decide if it's "worth it" or not. that's a personal choice.

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this discussion but i got really curious and have been doing a ton of research on the subject over the pastmonths.

what are your stats and goals?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Long term harm. Not worth it... no matter what some idiot tells you "it's OK man, just cycle it...blahblahblah"

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this discussion but i got really curious and have been doing a ton of research on the subject over the past months.

So youre thinking of trying something?

Originally Posted by Durden7

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this discussion but i got really curious and have been doing a ton of research on the subject over the past months.

Yeah, first off, I'd say this prolly isn't the greatest place to get info on something that serious. Personally, I'm not opposed toit. I have close friends who have done it seemingly safely and had great results IMO but I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination. Do you feel likeyou can't get any bigger by conventional means? That's the only time I'd personally ever consider taking them.

Just copped a pair of Nike Free 5.0 v4. I couldn't wait because my current pair of gym shoes are so busted
sick.gif
Needed a new pair bad, can't wait to try them on tomorrow
happy.gif

If you're not taking steroids with a goal in mind of competing at a professional level in bodybuilding, it's not worth it IMO. I knew a guy who was acustomer service sales rep for AT&T and would hire me on occasion to train him. I noticed he was blowing up mad quick (just in the upper body though) andthen he finally told me about all the steroids he was taking. He said he was thinking of maybe doing an amateur show but he really wanted to be bigger.That's it. All that money and the health risks, just to be a really big customer service sales rep.

If it's something you want to do with the intention of trying to go pro, then approach very slowly. I'd say build yourself up natural as long as youcan and do tons of research. It's not for everybody, and some people, even on steroids, just don't have the genetics to do well enough that it'sworth their while.

I forget to do barefoot squats today.. oh well maybe next week.

Is it ok to always pyramid up in weight when doing exercises? Or is it essentially dependent on the type of exercise? I like this way of training, as its notas boring as a 3x8/4x8 with the same weight.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Just copped a pair of Nike Free 5.0 v4. I couldn't wait because my current pair of gym shoes are so busted
sick.gif
happy.gif

Sick shoe. I have 2 pairs of those in addition to my 7.0's
laugh.gif
. Onefor running, one for walking/casual wear. I don't like "training" in them though (i.e. doing explosive/lateral/functional movements).

Originally Posted by Durden7

i was. now i'm not, but its still interesting stuff.......i like to research all kinds of bodybuilding/supplement stuff, and health/fitnessstuff in general.

Did an ab workout for the hell of it today. I was surprised at how much I've improved. No direct ab work aside from planks for atleast 5-6 months andI've definitely gotten stronger.

Question, how come my chest workouts are much weaker then my others? I lift more for arms, shoulders and back. But for chest, with dumbbells I can only go 8-12reps for 35 lbs, 40 lbs. How should I strengthen my chest more? Thanks guys, I lost a lot of weight and lift heavy but when I was heavier I rarely could do anypush ups or anything.

I stick to Asics when I workout cuz their very comfortable and light. I currently have the Kayano 14's and they are great. Bout to buy 2 different models.

I can't wait for January for that month off of college to finally do a 3 day split workout at the gym.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Question, how come my chest workouts are much weaker then my others? I lift more for arms, shoulders and back. But for chest, with dumbbells I can only go 8-12 reps for 35 lbs, 40 lbs. How should I strengthen my chest more? Thanks guys, I lost a lot of weight and lift heavy but when I was heavier I rarely could do any push ups or anything.
Just keep at it, that's all you can really do. Also you could try to work on your anterior delts a bit more, which would help with your benchpressing movement. Then again technically that's not making your chest directly stronger, but it should enable you to lift more. Do pushups with one handon a small medicine ball and one hand on the ground.

How much do you lift for your other body parts?

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Question, how come my chest workouts are much weaker then my others? I lift more for arms, shoulders and back. But for chest, with dumbbells I can only go 8-12 reps for 35 lbs, 40 lbs. How should I strengthen my chest more? Thanks guys, I lost a lot of weight and lift heavy but when I was heavier I rarely could do any push ups or anything.
Just keep at it, that's all you can really do. Also you could try to work on your anterior delts a bit more, which would help with your bench pressing movement. Then again technically that's not making your chest directly stronger, but it should enable you to lift more. Do push-ups with one hand on a small medicine ball and one hand on the ground.

How much do you lift for your other body parts?
For arms for example I go 40-50 lbs on dumbbells 35 for triceps, for preachers I go 120-150 lbs. For back I go 100-120 on lat pull downs and rows.For shoulders as well I go about 35-40 with dumbells. it sux my gym doesnt have barbells. But I rarely do push ups cause I never was able to do them before.

sick.gif
happy.gif

laugh.gif
. One for running, one for walking/casual wear. I don't like "training" in them though (i.e. doing explosive/lateral/functional movements).
Chewtoy, what kind of shoes do you wear for functional training?

The issue of shoes has been bothering me for a while. I have flat feet so running in Nike Frees is not an option. I usually wear Brooks Beasts when running.

The problem is that I cant run and do leg lifts on the same day unless I take 2 pairs of shoes with me to the gym (not happening). So right now I just wear theBrooks when running and some flat sole Pumas for lifting.

I bought some Chucks for lifting and used them 3 times but I didn't like them.

Try lifting heavier weights for lower reps and have someone spot you. Try 50 lbs (maybe you can do it 4-5 times). If you can 50 lbs 4-5 times,keep working up until you're only able to lift a weight 1-2 times.

I find that people get comfortable with the weight and stick to a certain amount of reps which limit their progress. I used to lift the same amount for chest(60 pound dumbells) for 8-reps for 6-months until I realized that it was ridiculous my strength did not improve. I started lifting heavier for lower reps and Ibroke out of my plateau maybe 2 weeks later.

Also try lifting heavier on your back and shoulders. A stronger back and stronger shoulders will make chest exercises a little bit easier.

I deadlift and squat in socks, the rest in generic trainers. Works like a charm. I can get so much more drive in squats as opposed to wearing a gel-heeledshoe.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

sick.gif
happy.gif

laugh.gif
. One for running, one for walking/casual wear. I don't like "training" in them though (i.e. doing explosive/lateral/functional movements).
Chewtoy, what kind of shoes do you wear for functional training?

The issue of shoes has been bothering me for a while. I have flat feet so running in Nike Frees is not an option. I usually wear Brooks Beasts when running.

The problem is that I cant run and do leg lifts on the same day unless I take 2 pairs of shoes with me to the gym (not happening). So right now I just wear the Brooks when running and some flat sole Pumas for lifting.

I bought some Chucks for lifting and used them 3 times but I didn't like them.
I wear the aforementioned Nike Free 7.0's when I train functionally. I pretty much wear them any time I go to the gym now, unless I'mrunning. I have flat feet, too, but the Free 5.0's don't bother me at all when I run. I'm pretty sure the newer SPARQ trainers would be a goodshoe.

Back
Top Bottom