Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by af1pops12

if I was to stop drinking soda and other drinks and just drink water,but not workout,would I lose any weight?
I did this and lost about 20-25 pounds in about 5 months with no exercise and still ate/eat whatever foods I wanted.

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

I am in my beginner stage also as far as weightlifting (Oct).Do any of you guys take N.O. explode?If so what are your opinions with the product.
Im not a fan of it at all and had minimal results after about 2 1/2 months...

Try using Cellucor M5 instead...it is by far the best and you will be beyond satisfied with the results....

I gotta step up my calorie game...i'm not really one to count calories but I think I need to start pulling in 2500 cal a day.

guys, whats the best way for a girl to get rid of love handles? i know with light weights you can do it, but i dont want to risk getting them strong ratherthan losing them. if im doing a lot of cardio (running and biking), will that help?

Originally Posted by DJ bana

guys, whats the best way for a girl to get rid of love handles? i know with light weights you can do it, but i dont want to risk getting them strong rather than losing them. if im doing a lot of cardio (running and biking), will that help?

You can't target the fat on your love handles specifically. You just need to continue with your cardio/diet, and it will come off when the overall fat onyour body comes off.

Just started my serious dieting and exercise plan.. So im jumpin in on this double dutch game. Ill give details later on everything in a sec

Originally Posted by JPioneer

So it does have an impact? How since for example diet coke doesn't even contain calories?

You'll definitely cut out alot of sugar if you're a regular soda drinker, but the artificial sweeteners can have an effect on you. Some people whohave a sensitivity to phenylalinine can develop issues in their liver from taking in too much aspartame which is the sweetener in most if not all diet sodas. It's not as common as some people make it sound but it basically makes it harder for your body to process and absorb nutrients, which leads to an increasein fat storage.

Aside from that, the sweetener used in diet soda is actually alot sweeter than sugar, so you tend to crave sweets more when you drink diet soda on a regularbasis. I find that if I've been drinking alot of diet coke, I'll be at the store and instantly want to get some candy or something and I normallynever crave candy.

guys, whats the best way for a girl to get rid of love handles? i know with light weights you can do it, but i dont want to risk getting them strong rather than losing them. if im doing a lot of cardio (running and biking), will that help?
yeah all that is good, you just gotta make sure you are expending more calories than you consume in order to lose weight.

weights, especially light ones, are not gonna make you more muscular unless you specifically train for that goal.... a lot of girls avoid weights for thatreason but they shouldn't. they're a great way to lose weight.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i dont know much about it but i hear a lot of people talk about the ECA stack, with A being aspirin.....supposedly there's a certain ratio between the three where the synergistic effects are really powerful.

Im not confident in the ephedra being produced anymore.especially the herbal form. Id rather stick with clen.
well it's illegal so the stuff you see being produced now has "ephedrina" or ephedrine extract or some other garbage.

but people just buy it illegally or buy "bronkaid" which is an OTC (although somewhat controlled) asthma medication containing ephedrine and pseudoephedrine which i guess are the two active compounds in ephedra so it's just as good.

i hear clen is pretty toxic while ephedra/ephedrine is pretty safe when used correctly
Nah...It was illegal at one point but now its legal again. The thing is, major supp companies dont make products containing it cause of its bad rep.
I tried the "bornkaid" crap when I was looking for herbal ehphedra and its crap. Mixed that with caffeine pills but it wasnt that good.

Clen it not toxic. Clenbuterol is actually the same as albuterol (asthma meds). But clen has a longer half life (stays in the body longer) than albuterol. So when you see lil kids using the pump, thats what they are using, just a shorter acting version of it.

To me the negative sides of both clen and ephedra are pretty close, but I dont trust how these companies are standardizing their ephedra anymore. The clen, depending on where you get it, is made by major pharms and the doses are more trust worthy.
i'm pretty sure bronkaid is extremely legit, as it contains the two active components of ephedra. maybe you underdosed it?

as for ephedra......apparently a lot of products have come out with ephedra alkaloids in it but i'm pretty sure it's still banned by the fda. i'm confused about it.

what have your experiences been with these two things? i was thinking of running an ec stack for my cut but i don't have all that much to lose so i figured i wouldn't bother.

Im not sayin its not legit, but bronkaid is synthetic ephedra (ephedrine hcl) . And just like synthentic MJ
pimp.gif
...its no where as good as the "herbal" form.

Herbal ephedra (Ma Huang) is not banned anymore. The ban lifted years ago. As for me underdosing, nah....25mg ephedra and 250mg caffeine is standard. Trust me, synthetic ephedra is crap compared to the real ephedra.

Heres where to get real ephedra, like when hydroxycut used to work
laugh.gif

http://www.i-supplements.com/ephedra.html
for any of yall thinking about trying it out, be careful and stay hydrated. I leanred my lesson when I almost passed out at the gym. Had too much carbs in my system and not enough water. Had a really bad panic attack and thought I was gonna die
laugh.gif
.... Dont ever take more than 50mg of ephedra a day for no longer than a month + 1 gal of water.....

oh ok i was totally wrong
laugh.gif

this is kind of outside my area of expertise as you can tlel, thanks for the info.

how much faster does ephedra make you drop weight? i know that's hard to give an exact answer to

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

^^^^

For breakfast, substitute the quick oats for rolled oats and cook it on the stove (same amount of calories but rolled oats are more nutritious). Take out the protein shake, maybe add some eggs. Eggs are dense in calories due to their high fat content. Eating 3-4 whole eggs will give you more protein than a shake as well as more fat and more calories.

For your snack, eat more. Maybe add an apple, or add more nuts, whatever you feel like eating.

For meal 3, eat brown rice instead of white (same amount of calories but brown rice is more nutritious). Maybe you could eat :nerd:z of chicken instead of 4oz.

For meal 4...same advice as meal 3. Brown rice and :nerd:z of chicken.

Just by adding 3-4 eggs instead of a protein shake (+120 calories), eating maybe 100 more calories for meal 2, and doubling your chicken consumption (+400 calories), you can easily hit 2500 calories.
thanks for the response

about breakfast though.. the thing is that i can barely finish the oatmeal and the shake. i have a weak stomach in the morning and i normally dont even eat breakfast ( i wake up at 6 30 and i wouldnt eat until like 2 sometimes)

3-4 eggs with yolk is murder...I would just use 1 yolk, all the cholesterol from 4 eggs at breakfast is wayy too much.

As for your weak stomach problem, I would gradually work your way up to eating more at breakfast. I had the same problem my first year of college so I started out with cereal, then a bit later I added some egg whites, then some toast when I was comfortable with eating that much.

There hasnt been any solid research saying how 3-4 eggs a day will have on your cholesterol levels. Previously they reduced it to 1 egg a day, but now theirnot so sure. I know people who haven eaten 10 eggs a day for about a year or so and have excellent cholesterol levels. I assume they are fairly active andhave a well balanced diet.

Originally Posted by I3

^^^^

For breakfast, substitute the quick oats for rolled oats and cook it on the stove (same amount of calories but rolled oats are more nutritious). Take out the protein shake, maybe add some eggs. Eggs are dense in calories due to their high fat content. Eating 3-4 whole eggs will give you more protein than a shake as well as more fat and more calories.

For your snack, eat more. Maybe add an apple, or add more nuts, whatever you feel like eating.

For meal 3, eat brown rice instead of white (same amount of calories but brown rice is more nutritious). Maybe you could eat :nerd:z of chicken instead of 4oz.

Just by adding 3-4 eggs instead of a protein shake (+120 calories), eating maybe 100 more calories for meal 2, and doubling your chicken consumption (+400 calories), you can easily hit 2500 calories.
thanks for the response

about breakfast though.. the thing is that i can barely finish the oatmeal and the shake. i have a weak stomach in the morning and i normally dont even eat breakfast ( i wake up at 6 30 and i wouldnt eat until like 2 sometimes)

3-4 eggs with yolk is murder...I would just use 1 yolk, all the cholesterol from 4 eggs at breakfast is wayy too much.

As for your weak stomach problem, I would gradually work your way up to eating more at breakfast. I had the same problem my first year of college so I started out with cereal, then a bit later I added some egg whites, then some toast when I was comfortable with eating that much.

There hasnt been any solid research saying how 3-4 eggs a day will have on your cholesterol levels. Previously they reduced it to 1 egg a day, but now their not so sure. I know people who haven eaten 10 eggs a day for about a year or so and have excellent cholesterol levels. I assume they are fairly active and have a well balanced diet.
Co-sign. Whole eggs is the only way to go, at least for me.

yeah all that is good, you just gotta make sure you are expending more calories than you consume in order to lose weight.

weights, especially light ones, are not gonna make you more muscular unless you specifically train for that goal.... a lot of girls avoid weights for that reason but they shouldn't. they're a great way to lose weight.

Exactly, food makes you big/bulky not weights. Don't be afraid to go heavy and work for sets of 10, 15, even 20 reps getting to or very close to failure. Do that for your big groups of muscle every week (legs, back, chest) do cardio consistently (at least 20 minutes at least 3 times a week) and eat right andyou'll get leaner.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Originally Posted by I3

^^^^

thanks for the response

There hasnt been any solid research saying how 3-4 eggs a day will have on your cholesterol levels. Previously they reduced it to 1 egg a day, but now their not so sure. I know people who haven eaten 10 eggs a day for about a year or so and have excellent cholesterol levels. I assume they are fairly active and have a well balanced diet.
Co-sign. Whole eggs is the only way to go, at least for me.
Who's "they"?

1 year is a very short time for a study as well. If you eat a lot of whole eggs every single day, over time it DOES have an impact on your cholesterol level.

The whole egg "danger" is blow out of proportion, but its not something to overlook.

i dont know much about it but i hear a lot of people talk about the ECA stack, with A being aspirin.....supposedly there's a certain ratio between the three where the synergistic effects are really powerful.

Im not confident in the ephedra being produced anymore.especially the herbal form. Id rather stick with clen.
well it's illegal so the stuff you see being produced now has "ephedrina" or ephedrine extract or some other garbage.

but people just buy it illegally or buy "bronkaid" which is an OTC (although somewhat controlled) asthma medication containing ephedrine and pseudoephedrine which i guess are the two active compounds in ephedra so it's just as good.

i hear clen is pretty toxic while ephedra/ephedrine is pretty safe when used correctly
Nah...It was illegal at one point but now its legal again. The thing is, major supp companies dont make products containing it cause of its bad rep.
I tried the "bornkaid" crap when I was looking for herbal ehphedra and its crap. Mixed that with caffeine pills but it wasnt that good.

Clen it not toxic. Clenbuterol is actually the same as albuterol (asthma meds). But clen has a longer half life (stays in the body longer) than albuterol. So when you see lil kids using the pump, thats what they are using, just a shorter acting version of it.

To me the negative sides of both clen and ephedra are pretty close, but I dont trust how these companies are standardizing their ephedra anymore. The clen, depending on where you get it, is made by major pharms and the doses are more trust worthy.
i'm pretty sure bronkaid is extremely legit, as it contains the two active components of ephedra. maybe you underdosed it?

as for ephedra......apparently a lot of products have come out with ephedra alkaloids in it but i'm pretty sure it's still banned by the fda. i'm confused about it.

what have your experiences been with these two things? i was thinking of running an ec stack for my cut but i don't have all that much to lose so i figured i wouldn't bother.

Im not sayin its not legit, but bronkaid is synthetic ephedra (ephedrine hcl) . And just like synthentic MJ
pimp.gif
...its no where as good as the "herbal" form.

Herbal ephedra (Ma Huang) is not banned anymore. The ban lifted years ago. As for me underdosing, nah....25mg ephedra and 250mg caffeine is standard. Trust me, synthetic ephedra is crap compared to the real ephedra.

Heres where to get real ephedra, like when hydroxycut used to work
laugh.gif

http://www.i-supplements.com/ephedra.html
for any of yall thinking about trying it out, be careful and stay hydrated. I leanred my lesson when I almost passed out at the gym. Had too much carbs in my system and not enough water. Had a really bad panic attack and thought I was gonna die
laugh.gif
.... Dont ever take more than 50mg of ephedra a day for no longer than a month + 1 gal of water.....

oh ok i was totally wrong
laugh.gif

this is kind of outside my area of expertise as you can tlel, thanks for the info.

how much faster does ephedra make you drop weight? i know that's hard to give an exact answer to

It all depends on your diet and cardio. Ephedra really curbs your appetite so eating shouldnt be a prob. The energy is really good too, but you'll crash atthe end of the day. Back in the day I used to stack Ripped fuel, Cell tech and Cytoplex ( a discontinued meal replacement) and didnt eat solid foods for aweek,Just the meal replacement, all that with training and what not. Thats how well ephedra will not wanna make you eat lol. That was a bad idea though, but Ilove doin lil tests to see how my body will react.

I still prefer clen though....there is a chart that ill post later comparing clen and ephedra

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

So it does have an impact? How since for example diet coke doesn't even contain calories?

You'll definitely cut out alot of sugar if you're a regular soda drinker, but the artificial sweeteners can have an effect on you. Some people who have a sensitivity to phenylalinine can develop issues in their liver from taking in too much aspartame which is the sweetener in most if not all diet sodas. It's not as common as some people make it sound but it basically makes it harder for your body to process and absorb nutrients, which leads to an increase in fat storage.

Aside from that, the sweetener used in diet soda is actually alot sweeter than sugar, so you tend to crave sweets more when you drink diet soda on a regular basis. I find that if I've been drinking alot of diet coke, I'll be at the store and instantly want to get some candy or something and I normally never crave candy.
I usually always drink diet coke so it's not about cutting calories really.

BTW I've got diabetes and can't really be without eating carbohydrates in the evening... I just hope it won't set me back.

Originally Posted by I3

^^^^

thanks for the response

C'mon man you gotta use some common sense with this. 1 egg yolk contains 71% dv of cholesterol, unless you have a very active lifestyle 3-4 egg yolks willeventually clog and lead to some problems with your health. While there is nutrition in yolks having 3-4 while not being able to burn it off is just stupid.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Does diet soda have any impact on diet?

I need to give myself something to stay motivated
laugh.gif
Just stop drinking anything that has high fructose corn syrup.
This. If you want a sweet drink, look at honest tea.
pimp.gif

Ephedra? ECA stacks...?! I'm getting some ideas here....as you can see, I'm a bit above average when it comes to strength, but my bf% is terrible
<-----

Back
Top Bottom