Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

man i just started up monday and im soooooo @#$%& soar. sad thing is i only did 20 mins of cardio
roll.gif
. i actually feel good but again soar. cameljoetoe or whatever hit me up withsome good stuff to lean up and build muscle. i was at 200 two years ago and now im 225
sick.gif
. so thats why i started again.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

blood cholesterol levels are much more connected to saturated fat intake rather than dietary cholesterol.

eggs are fine.
Cholesterol is still cholesterol though.

Eggs are fine...... in moderation. Just like anything else.

Do any of you guys use/have recipes or website you look at for new healthy ideas? This entire week I've been cooking myself and looking for new ideas

Originally Posted by DJ bana

guys, whats the best way for a girl to get rid of love handles? i know with light weights you can do it, but i dont want to risk getting them strong rather than losing them. if im doing a lot of cardio (running and biking), will that help?
You're gonna have to post pics of your love handles if you want good advice...

And more pics of your friend Ricky
nerd.gif

No one answered my earlier question about doing partial reps of bench press to bust out of a plateau. I always do full reps of bench but I've been stuck onthe same weight for 2 months now. DJ Bana, I usually do 5 sets of 645 pounds bench press as a warm-up, followed by my actual routine
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

blood cholesterol levels are much more connected to saturated fat intake rather than dietary cholesterol.

eggs are fine.

so lets say i eat 3 whole eggs for breakfast every morning, is that considered in moderation?

Assuming the rest of the meals throughout the deal are nutritious and arent high in cholesterol its fine.

I personally think 3 whole eggs is a lot, but thats me. I dont like how heavy my eggs get when I use only whole eggs. I dont like adding more cholesterol tomy body than is needed, but again its all personal preference.

eggs are fine.

ehhh there's LDL and HDL, and only some of the LDL is actualy harmful......and like i said, it's saturated fat intake that's gonnaraise blood cholesterol levels, not so much the cholesterol in your food.

i wouldn't trip about cholesterol intake. worry about high levels of saturated fat in your diet if cholesterol is a concern.

not to use anecdotal evidence as proof of anything, but for the record i regularly eat 5 eggs as part of my breakfast and i have never had high cholesterol oranything. then again, i'm young so that wouldn't be expected anyway.

eggs are fine.

ehhh there's LDL and HDL, and only some of the LDL is actualy harmful......and like i said, it's saturated fat intake that's gonna raise blood cholesterol levels, not so much the cholesterol in your food.

i wouldn't trip about cholesterol intake. worry about high levels of saturated fat in your diet if cholesterol is a concern.

not to use anecdotal evidence as proof of anything, but for the record i regularly eat 5 eggs as part of my breakfast and i have never had high cholesterol or anything. then again, i'm young so that wouldn't be expected anyway.
Yeah I know all about LDL/HDL but the point is that eating food high in cholesterol is still consuming food thats high in cholesterol. Eggs arentreally the best source of HDL, but thats not the point.

Youre young, youre active, and you dont know if itll cause problems down the road.

Its nothing to freak out about, but it is something to keep an eye on. (Im referring to everyone here, not just you)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

guys, whats the best way for a girl to get rid of love handles? i know with light weights you can do it, but i dont want to risk getting them strong rather than losing them. if im doing a lot of cardio (running and biking), will that help?

nerd.gif

No one answered my earlier question about doing partial reps of bench press to bust out of a plateau. I always do full reps of bench but I've been stuck on the same weight for 2 months now. DJ Bana, I usually do 5 sets of 645 pounds bench press as a warm-up, followed by my actual routine
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, partial reps on the bench could help, but it's also relevent to where you typically get stuck. If you're getting stuck at the very bottom, inthe stretch position, you just need more power and explosive strength. Try doing speed reps at a lighter weight, and work in plyo pushups and drop sets intoregular pushups on one off day from your bench day. If you're stuck more at the midrange of the rep, doing partials could help, just do them in a rackand lift a weight 5-10 lbs heavier than your 1 rep max for 3 sets of 3-5 reps.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

nerd.gif

No one answered my earlier question about doing partial reps of bench press to bust out of a plateau. I always do full reps of bench but I've been stuck on the same weight for 2 months now. DJ Bana, I usually do 5 sets of 645 pounds bench press as a warm-up, followed by my actual routine
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, partial reps on the bench could help, but it's also relevent to where you typically get stuck. If you're getting stuck at the very bottom, in the stretch position, you just need more power and explosive strength. Try doing speed reps at a lighter weight, and work in plyo pushups and drop sets into regular pushups on one off day from your bench day. If you're stuck more at the midrange of the rep, doing partials could help, just do them in a rack and lift a weight 5-10 lbs heavier than your 1 rep max for 3 sets of 3-5 reps.
Thanks a lot for the advice. Before your reply I never considered where I was getting stuck. When I'm lifting heavy and doing less than 5reps, I usually get stuck at the bottom when the bar touches my chest. I'll definitely try out pylo pushups.

been a while since I last checked in.... been running 2-3 miles a day since October and I've dropped 18 pounds.

but now I'm gonna stop running so much and focus more on lifting. I don't need to lose any more weight, I actually lost more than I needed to.

Oct 5 2009 - 204 lbs.
380780037.jpg

Jan 6 2010 - 174 lbs. I actually have a chin in this picture
380780038.jpg

I lost roughly 30 lbs. in just 3 months. All I did was run everyday / stop drinking alcohol / limit amount of Soda/ eat only when I was hungry / play sportslike volleyball << I suck at volleyball but I noticed it made me sweat a lot.

For people that need to lose weight, all I have to say is that all those stories on TV about it being easy are real, the weight just seems to fall off. Andafter a while everyone you know is complimenting you!!! Plus SPRING BREAK / SUMMER are coming up so I want to be in shape for that.

airmaxwun, good job man i know the feeling when dropping weight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. That's whats up though keep it man.

So my friend who was showing me a funny video on youtube actually has the guy showing his workout routine. The funny video isn't related, but if you want:"you're a nerd" (parody of You're a jerk).

Guy has a pretty good build though, I think I might start doing some of the things he does consistently. For me it's hard to fathom having a body like thatJUST by doing those 5 workouts though.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

So my friend who was showing me a funny video on youtube actually has the guy showing his workout routine. The funny video isn't related, but if you want: "you're a nerd" (parody of You're a jerk).

Guy has a pretty good build though, I think I might start doing some of the things he does consistently. For me it's hard to fathom having a body like that JUST by doing those 5 workouts though.
good vid

So my friend who was showing me a funny video on youtube actually has the guy showing his workout routine. The funny video isn't related, but if you want: "you're a nerd" (parody of You're a jerk).

Guy has a pretty good build though, I think I might start doing some of the things he does consistently. For me it's hard to fathom having a body like that JUST by doing those 5 workouts though.

What dude said is on point though.

This dude is the man.

-Squats
-Deadlifts
-Bench press
-pull-ups
-military press
-power cleans
-Barbell rows

Those are some of the most exercises that everyone should incorporate in their workouts. Isolation exercises are boring as he.ll and they are pretty muchpointless to 90% of the gym crowd. If you want to lose weight, compound exercises will burn the most calories. If you want to get stronger, compound exerciseswill increase your strength in no time. If you want to gain muscle, compound exercises work all your major muscles and will help you can mass quickly. I reallydont care about how other people spend their time in the gym but I dont understand how some people can dedicate an entire 1.5 hour workout exclusively tobiceps. I dont mind seeing this at all because it just means the benches and squat racks will be free to use.
pimp.gif

You can easily get a physique like that by doing those 5 exercises.

-Bench press works out your chest/back/shoulders/triceps
-Pull ups work your back and biceps
-Deadlifts work your entire lower body as well as upper back. It burns a ton of calories, speeds up your metabolism, increases testesterone levels in the bodyand makes your body overall much stronger
-Squats work almost your entire body including your stomach. Same benefits as deadlifts.
-Power cleans work your entire body and same benefits as squats and DLs

You can get strong and chiseled just by focusing on those exercises. If you look at a lot of sports training workout plans such as Joe DeFranco's workouts,you'll notice that they stick to mostly a limited amount of compound exercises and all they do is change the reps to keep your body guessing.

Those are the worst power cleans I have ever seen in my life. Well not the worst, but those are pretty f'n embarrassing.

keepzdasneakz wrote:

man im going to start using those 5 things he said. all the paisas at the gym i go just hit chest, and arms. all�the fools there have some pigeon style bodies.you know huge top and skinny bare legs.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Those are the worst power cleans I have ever seen in my life. Well not the worst, but those are pretty f'n embarrassing.
Those looked pretty solid to me, i don't know what yours look like.

But anyway, can i get some help on making shin splints go away? They came on about a month ago and i've been icing and whatnot but they've continuednonetheless.

Is there something i should be doing?

those power cleans looked really robotic, like he had no range of motion or leg drive.

i'm no expert on those types of lifts, but it seems like if he used his legs more he could throw up a lot more weight.

Back
Top Bottom