Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

My boys just made it to the under 21yo curling world cup and now they're trying to make me drink...

I'm on the verge of breaking down and drinking a little. How bad would it $%$@ up my diet?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

How affective is the ab roller (the one with a wheel)?

I was thinking of buying one. I also do other ab workouts, but also want to try the ab roller.
!%*%+ is wack. Only works the top half of your abdominals, if that.

The ab roller works your entire abdominal region as well as your lower back. I think that it's a good ab exercise but there are way better ab exercises out there. After a while you're gonna need to start doing weighted ab exercises to challenge yourself.

I've found that the bender ball thing works pretty good too. I prefer it over my stability ball

I was thinking of buying one. I also do other ab workouts, but also want to try the ab roller.

The ab roller works your entire abdominal region as well as your lower back. I think that it's a good ab exercise but there are way better ab exercises out there. After a while you're gonna need to start doing weighted ab exercises to challenge yourself.

Would putting weight on a barbell and using it instead of ab roller help with the weight issue?

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Would putting weight on a barbell and using it instead of ab roller help with the weight issue?
No, thats the exact same thing as using an ab roller.

Some good weighted ab exercises can be done on the decline bench or other exercises like russian twists, captains chair with a dumbell between your feet, etc.

No, thats the exact same thing as using an ab roller.

Some good weighted ab exercises can be done on the decline bench or other exercises like russian twists, captains chair with a dumbell between your feet, etc.

Yeah but if you put a lot of weight it requires more strength stopping/pulling it back than just the ab roller?

how many of you deadlift? i swear i'm the only one i see in my gym doing it week in and week out... it's the best muscle building exercise yet peopleneglect it. makes no sense to me

But it is good for a beginner to use an ab roller. And what other exercises for the ab have u fellas found affective and seen results? I am a newbie at doingweights but i been running for a long while.

Originally Posted by ScoopEm

how many of you deadlift? i swear i'm the only one i see in my gym doing it week in and week out... it's the best muscle building exercise yet people neglect it. makes no sense to me
Right Herrre. I used to think that too but then I started going to the gym at different times and there's other people in my gym that do ittoo. This one guy helped me with some tips. So far me, a handful of people, and the personal trainers in the gym know about deadlifts. I just did DL'syesterday 2nd time doing 225 and most of my body is feelin sore today
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Had CrossFit this morning...

4 reps for time:

400 meter run

20 pullups

20 air squats

20 situps

20 burpees

I'm sore, exhausted, beat... everything. Almost wanted to quit because of this.

You havent felt anything until you've done "the murph"

The Murph:

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

My boys just made it to the under 21yo curling world cup and now they're trying to make me drink...

I'm on the verge of breaking down and drinking a little. How bad would it $%$@ up my diet?
go for it, won't kill you. you don't make or break a diet in one day.

if you have a "cheat day" consider this one of them.

how's that warrior's food thing taste? proprietary blend might mean you get insignificant amounts of most of that stuff, but it does have high qualityprotein and low gi complex carbs which is rare in that type of product.

also....not really playing sports anymore has me less intrigued by crossfit, that and the fact that the crossfit dudes i've seen at school gyms have alwaysbeen obnoxious, loud, weak, and skinny. "COME ON BRO PUSH PUSH PUSH!!!!" doing deadlifts with one red 25kg plate
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Had CrossFit this morning...

4 reps for time:

400 meter run

20 pullups

20 air squats

20 situps

20 burpees

I'm sore, exhausted, beat... everything. Almost wanted to quit because of this.

You havent felt anything until you've done "the murph"

The Murph:

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

eek.gif
that's some Spartan ++%! for real. SMH at me that I can only do 3pullups
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

how many of you deadlift? i swear i'm the only one i see in my gym doing it week in and week out... it's the best muscle building exercise yet people neglect it. makes no sense to me
Right Herrre. I used to think that too but then I started going to the gym at different times and there's other people in my gym that do it too. This one guy helped me with some tips. So far me, a handful of people, and the personal trainers in the gym know about deadlifts. I just did DL's yesterday 2nd time doing 225 and most of my body is feelin sore today
pimp.gif
Deadlifting is my favorite exercise
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I prefer squats, but they are both equally as beneficial, no? Or does one have an edge

I feel that both are necessary exercises but I think deadlifting may have an edge over squats.

starting back on it monday
pimp.gif
didn't get a chance to all break

wanna break my max of 510 by Spring Break (pics/ video will follow)

yeah i do em both but squat really feel harder even though deads use more weight and supposedly build more mass

it's probably the fact that with squats the weight's on your back, wheras with deads if it's too heavy you can just drop it or you don't evenpick it up.

zn09za.jpg

Thought it'd be better just to scan and post the page. Rates on Energy expenditure performing various exercises.

1RM order is what i expected but the 80% threw me for a loop

i guess it kinda makes sense though?
laugh.gif
a little?

honestly though back squats feel harder than front squats to me because i can throw more weight on them......i'm assuming these guys are competitionlifters and so they only go to parallel? but then i guess they'd do that for front squats too so i don't know

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I prefer squats, but they are both equally as beneficial, no? Or does one have an edge

I feel that both are necessary exercises but I think deadlifting may have an edge over squats.

Originally Posted by Matt53

starting back on it monday
pimp.gif
didn't get a chance to all break

wanna break my max of 510 by Spring Break (pics/ video will follow)

impressive. i started a new routine 6 weeks ago which includes deadlifting for the first time and i got 405 last week. i'm only 6'3" 203 soI'm hoping by the end of my bulk in March I'll be able to get at least 450

Back
Top Bottom