Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Yankeephan87 wrote:

blaxoid wrote:

Your crazy if you think Oatmeal, Chicken breasts and Broccoli are not part of healthy diets.

I didnt say that. I meant that a Diet consisting of ONLY the body builder staples is also not well balanced.
yeah for sure, Ive read that guys guide to cutting before its pretty good. But for someone trying to loose around 20lbs, they should be stricter than he says and work out a lot miore then he says. Ive lost 35 lbs since June and still got like 10-15 more, I noticed that it took me a while to get a good diet down pat and once I did, I didnt have to run as much. Its like the pounds burn off just by lifting heavy and eating right.

Yea same. Like I said, changing to the bodybuilder diet definitely helps as you're controlling your calories without knowing it. A Big Mac won't be as nutrient dense as a Chicken & Brown Rice, so I'll have to eat more Big Macs to get my nutrients.
However, if I've met my nutrient requirements and I've got 'room' for the Big Mac, best believe i'm having it
laugh.gif
A lot of people think they'd undo Months of work by doing stuff like that, which is just wrong.

Are you crazy Fit like Joe and audi? I still got like 10 15 more lbs to loose so I feel like if I still got room left and I DO have something like a big mac itsets me back..wouldn't it be best to avoid it at all costs when trying to loose fat?

Yankeephan87 wrote:

blaxoid wrote:

Your crazy if you think Oatmeal, Chicken breasts and Broccoli are not part of healthy diets.

I didnt say that. I meant that a Diet consisting of ONLY the body builder staples is also not well balanced.
yeah for sure, Ive read that guys guide to cutting before its pretty good. But for someone trying to loose around 20lbs, they should be stricter than he says and work out a lot miore then he says. Ive lost 35 lbs since June and still got like 10-15 more, I noticed that it took me a while to get a good diet down pat and once I did, I didnt have to run as much. Its like the pounds burn off just by lifting heavy and eating right.

Yea same. Like I said, changing to the bodybuilder diet definitely helps as you're controlling your calories without knowing it. A Big Mac won't be as nutrient dense as a Chicken & Brown Rice, so I'll have to eat more Big Macs to get my nutrients.
However, if I've met my nutrient requirements and I've got 'room' for the Big Mac, best believe i'm having it
laugh.gif
A lot of people think they'd undo Months of work by doing stuff like that, which is just wrong.

Are you crazy Fit like Joe and audi? I still got like 10 15 more lbs to loose so I feel like if I still got room left and I DO have something like a big mac it sets me back..wouldn't it be best to avoid it at all costs when trying to loose fat?

You have to give yourself room to breathe, man. If you're uncomfortable with eating something as unhealthy as McDonalds, then you can gotowards something a little less extreme, say ...a bag of chips or something (individual size). Or a slice of cheesecake. In my case, it's gonna be pumkinpie, martinelli's cider, and 2 slices of prime rib accompanied by a few biscuits and mashed potatoes topped with gravy.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Yankeephan87 wrote:

blaxoid wrote:

laugh.gif

Are you crazy Fit like Joe and audi? I still got like 10 15 more lbs to loose so I feel like if I still got room left and I DO have something like a big mac it sets me back..wouldn't it be best to avoid it at all costs when trying to loose fat?

You have to give yourself room to breathe, man. If you're uncomfortable with eating something as unhealthy as McDonalds, then you can go towards something a little less extreme, say ...a bag of chips or something (individual size). Or a slice of cheesecake. In my case, it's gonna be pumkin pie, martinelli's cider, and 2 slices of prime rib accompanied by a few biscuits and mashed potatoes topped with gravy.
glasses.gif

Pumpkin pie
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

gnc has terrible prices but right now they have a lot of stuff 25% off and an extra 30% off with the code "GIVETHANKS".

search for gnc.com with bing.com to get 25% cash back rebate.

just copped 2 5lb. tubs of ON natural whey, 2 2lb. tubs of ON natural casein, 1 1.93lb tub of ON hydro whey, 2 1.1lb tubs of AEN Intrabolic, and a gold card (for an extra 15% off)

total : 177.94, and i get a $44.49 rebate check.

not too shabby
glasses.gif
Hook us up with that gold card id
wont know the # on my card til i actually get it in the mail

but if you need a number right away i can PM you one.

as for the big mac debate......if weight loss is your goal, you will acheive it if you maintain a caloric deficit, no matter where the calories come from.

BUT

with any diet, ESPECIALLY one where caloric intake is limited, it's important to make sure the calories come from healthy foods that arenutriotionally-rich/dense. much harder to get all the nutrients you need if you're eating, say, 2500 calories a day on a cut as opposed to 3800 calories aday on a bulk.

with that said......it's thanksgiving. enjoy it, eat a ton of food and have fun with your family. one day a year won't kill you.
happy.gif

No I'm not crazy fit, I went from chubby to barely visible abs.
I can see how you would feel like you do esp. when you've already made lots of progress and have come from being overweight.

I used to slave over calories and eat stuff I didn't enjoy to get results, but I felt that food became too big of a deal in my life and got kindamiserable. I stumbled upon that thread about the guy who eats what he likes and thought what the heck. At that stage I had lost a bit of weight, but theresults continued when I compromised between the two, so I've just stuck with it.

Re-read the quote from Layne Norton I posted; he's a pro who's won on the big stage. If he has room for pizza here and there why can't you? Do itfor your sanity
laugh.gif

Anyone know how to use the gold card at gnc? I put in the code and it recognizes it but it doesnt take off extra from it

Joe

Whats your height and weight, I keep seeing people talk about how crazy fit you are especially all you guys in team fitness

I like to think of myself as a pretty fit person and i wanna see if im on your level

Anyone know how to use the gold card at gnc? I put in the code and it recognizes it but it doesnt take off extra from it

Someone please b4 midnight help, I put in the gold card info but on the order page it doesnt take an amount of it just says gold card is associated with thisorder.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by wanksta23

can anyone help me out? whats the best tasting protein powder? i cant pass up this deal right now at gnc
100% ON gold standard

heaven
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(Double Chocolate?)

any other suggestions? i wanna get a couple of them
i really like vanilla...good thing about vanilla is that you can add fruit to make a smoothie

Joe I just bought a 2 lb. tub of the same ON whey protein. How much do you take post workout?

I just started using it so I took 1 1/2 scoops which to my estimate equals out to 36g protein then I eat a baked potato with some smart balance butter forcarbs since I want to pack on some good size. Is 1 1/2 too much or should I just stick with 1 scoop + water.

can anyone help me out? whats the best tasting protein powder? i cant pass up this deal right now at gnc
100% ON gold standard

heaven
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(Double Chocolate?)

i really like vanilla...good thing about vanilla is that you can add fruit to make a smoothie

You can make awesome shakes by adding fruit to chocolate whey, too. Chocolate whey + milk + banana or blueberry + strawberry =
pimp.gif

Im getting sick of my Cookies N Cream ON.. I wanna go back to Chocolate or Vanilla.

So that Layne fella says, as long as you get your required protein and EFAs, a variety of healthy foods and junky foods will ensure you drop weight if your ina deficit correct?
Anyone know what the recommended dose for EFAs are?

I agree with those novices who read that bit of information and think its perfectly okay to cheat.. I think pyschologically its wrong. Meh, after a few monthsof eating clean and what not, you learn to not crave those foods much. Thats how it works for me anyway, I usually do 1x a week where I eat whatever I want..and it feels so damn good. haha. One thing i'll never do is drink sodas, i've had maybe 3 glasses of soda in the last 6 months. I'll only drinksodas when I get drunk.. and that happens to be tomorrow!!!

Its just too hard to not pass up a drink with the boys!

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Joe I just bought a 2 lb. tub of the same ON whey protein. How much do you take post workout?

I just started using it so I took 1 1/2 scoops which to my estimate equals out to 36g protein then I eat a baked potato with some smart balance butter for carbs since I want to pack on some good size. Is 1 1/2 too much or should I just stick with 1 scoop + water.
yeah 36 g is enough PWO, especially if you mix it with milk.

i usually go for two scoops of protein (usually about 50 g) but that's probably overkill, especially since it's usually all WPI.

what i'm gonna try now is actually a blend of hydrolyzed WPI, WPI, WPC, and micellar casein PWO. i'll let you guys know how it works compared to justfast-absorbing protein.

i would recommend a sweet potato or another lower GI carb but a baked potato is fine too, and the smart balance will give you some healthy fats

also, someone asked a while back......i'm about 6' and i'd say i weigh 210 now? i'm taking the week off from lifting so i haven't weighedmyself recently. i'm trying to put on some mass in the winter, but i've been sloppy about it.......i'm gonna start cutting early this year so i canbe shredded.i want to be down to like 190 or less, just cut as hell.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

100% ON gold standard

heaven
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(Double Chocolate?)

You can make awesome shakes by adding fruit to chocolate whey, too. Chocolate whey + milk + banana or blueberry + strawberry =
pimp.gif

even with chocolate? hmmm well thats different
laugh.gif
, but i got a 2lbcontainer of chocolate, so i'll try it out
smile.gif

I3 wrote:
Im getting sick of my Cookies N Cream ON.. I wanna go back to Chocolate or Vanilla.

So that Layne fella says, as long as you get your required protein and EFAs, a variety of healthy foods and junky foods will ensure you drop weight if your in a deficit correct?
Anyone know what the recommended dose for EFAs are?

I agree with those novices who read that bit of information and think its perfectly okay to cheat.. I think pyschologically its wrong. Meh, after a few months of eating clean and what not, you learn to not crave those foods much. Thats how it works for me anyway, I usually do 1x a week where I eat whatever I want.. and it feels so damn good. haha. One thing i'll never do is drink sodas, i've had maybe 3 glasses of soda in the last 6 months. I'll only drink sodas when I get drunk.. and that happens to be tomorrow!!!

Its just too hard to not pass up a drink with the boys!
was never a fan of my current cookies and cream ON. so far, vanilla is still my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom