Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

good to see y'all dudes keeping at it.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by jdub55

Joe do you compete?
absolutely not

i would get murked, and its not even an interest of mine i just do it to be healthy and to look the way i want

That goal is a little different than just being healthy.

Those are competition legs.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by jdub55

Joe do you compete?
absolutely not

i would get murked, and its not even an interest of mine i just do it to be healthy and to look the way i want

That goal is a little different than just being healthy.

Those are competition legs.
yeah i mean like i said i also do it to look a certain way.

and those legs are probably out of reach. i don't know if i'd even want legs with that much mass. but that definition is insane, definitely motivationat least. btw they belong to a natural bodybuilder, in case anyone was wondering.

kanes legs:

060506_170pics.jpg

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I just watched New Moon last night (don't ask) and... well... I need to get my Taylor Lautner on.

laugh.gif
same here

Also i've been lurking this thread since late July and i've lost 24 pounds, need to lose 16 more to reach my goal.

Dang i thought i was lean and thats like a whole other level like no water retention whatsoever

Dude Taylor Lautner is buff no 'mo, he put on like 30lbs of muscle/fat apparently and ate every 2 hours.

But he's got that base from Karate or something, so its just a matter of adding a turbo to a V8, I myself an an all motor vtec kind of body lol..

How do you guys progress weights? I lift 40lb dumbells for 8-12 reps. But I can barley do 6 reps at 50lbs in clean form. Should I sell the 50lb dumbell and geta 45lb dumbell?

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

How do you guys progress weights? I lift 40lb dumbells for 8-12 reps. But I can barley do 6 reps at 50lbs in clean form. Should I sell the 50lb dumbell and get a 45lb dumbell?
nothing wrong with 6 reps bro

i rarely go above 10 reps / set unless it's a high rep/"burnout" set at the end of a workout

i like the 5-8 rep range best, personally, 6 is awesome.

How do you guys progress weights? I lift 40lb dumbells for 8-12 reps. But I can barley do 6 reps at 50lbs in clean form. Should I sell the 50lb dumbell and get a 45lb dumbell?
I usually go up 5lbs at a time.

Just increase your weight once you can do your current weight without much of a struggle.

5x5 is good for strength, lift as heavy as you can at a 5rep max.

Oh a sidenote, got absolutely off my face lastnight, amazing... lol

I would say lift for up to 10 reps for mass. I do 40 lb dumbells too, but I find that I cheat around the last 2 reps to get an extra pump but if your gonnacheat you gotta cheat smart and not throw your whole back into the mix. It's hard to explain but for my last 2 reps I curl across my chest towards my armusing some momentum instead of using your back and momentum and curling straight back to your arm. You can really throw your back out that way and injureyourself.

Im going more for mass then strength right now. Is it still fine for mass I3?
for mass i'd up the reps a little. try for 8-12.

for me, i've always had more success keeping the reps to 10 or under , 12 is rare for me.

I do 10-12 reps usually until fatigue the last couple being what grimlock is talking about

and Yankee try starting with the 45s for a set of 12 or 15 and then do the rest of your sets with the 50s for 8-12

my triceps feel good today, got down on arms yesterday

Hey guys, I'm looking to try and gain more mess on my triceps. So far I only mess with skull crushers, and the cables with the rope (pulling rope downwardstarting at a level where my elbows are bent 90 degrees, finishing with my arms straight by my side). Yeah, those are the only tricep isolating workouts I canthink of....and I need new ones!

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Hey guys, I'm looking to try and gain more mess on my triceps. So far I only mess with skull crushers, and the cables with the rope (pulling rope downward starting at a level where my elbows are bent 90 degrees, finishing with my arms straight by my side). Yeah, those are the only tricep isolating workouts I can think of....and I need new ones!
Dip machine and the triceps extenstions machine

JOE, do you pyramid in weight, or use the same weight for your sets?

I was pyramiding down in weight, but this week, I went back to the old 3x8 and I'm wondering if it's going to be as effective...

Back
Top Bottom