Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by chino905

whats the best/healthiest foods to bring for lunch while working? I plan on packing celery,carrots, mixed nuts (pause), bananas, etc for snacks throughout the day, but what should i bring for a whole lunch? Cold Cut Sandwich? PB & J?

Pistachios, Cashews, and Almonds.
pimp.gif
for lunch? u weak
Why not?
What do you think is a PB&J sandwich?

If you're eating every 2-3 hours then "lunch" isn't anything special.

I guarantee that I;m not weaker than you.
laugh.gif

yo maybe its just me, but nuts dont fill me up at all.

i'll be snacking on pistachios and i'll go thru like 1200+ calories so fast and i just kinda get bored of eating them but i don't feel full.

which is a good thing in my eyes, btw.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Can somebody school me on how to bake a chicken breast?
i think baking chicken is one of the easier ways to cook it, and it's worth experimenting with. i think dry overcooked chicken breast isterrible. i'd recommend some kind of marinade, which would require some preparation a few hours before (or overnight), but it definitely worth it. easiest choice is almost any kind of salad dressing, something like a vinaigrette or something on the sweet side (i wouldn't try ranch
sick.gif
or one of those creamy ones). you can also marinade in a bunch of randomthings... vinegar, soy, soda, fruit juice, lemon/lime, etc. a little bit of oil is good too. try some different seasoning like rosemary
pimp.gif
, basil, thyme, etc.

cook covered (with the marinade) around 350 for about an hour. you can take off the cover the last 15 minutes if you want it to brown a little.

^ Thanks.

I plan on eating 2 chicken breasts a day, so there's plenty of room for experimenting.

I just cut up 6 oz. of chicken into small pieces, spray a lil pam on a pan and throw the chicken on it. Theres no prep time, no extra calories and if cookedright its not too dry.

Its not the most flavorful way to cook it, but its the simplest and healthiest.

Line a cake pan with aluminum foil. Insert chicken breast(s). Cover with more foil. Voila, juicy chicken.

I'd imagine that would be like chewing on dirt.
laugh.gif

And I'm assuming you're talking about baking, right?

Its not that bad when paired with mixed vegetables, spinach or lettuce.

Im talking about putting ol' chicken breast right on top of the stove in a skillet.
laugh.gif
About as plain as they come.

What kind of shoes do you guys wear to the gym? My '89 Flights are really destroyed. I want to invest in some older Nike Free 7.0s but they don'tsell them anymore.

Originally Posted by Durden7

I'd imagine that would be like chewing on dirt.
laugh.gif

And I'm assuming you're talking about baking, right?

Its not that bad when paired with mixed vegetables, spinach or lettuce.

Im talking about putting ol' chicken breast right on top of the stove in a skillet.
laugh.gif
About as plain as they come.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I know that'll be way too dry for me.

I might give it a try since it's so simple and quick.

whats the best/healthiest foods to bring for lunch while working? I plan on packing celery,carrots, mixed nuts (pause), bananas, etc for snacks throughout the day, but what should i bring for a whole lunch? Cold Cut Sandwich? PB & J?

pimp.gif

not for a lunch for DEF for a snack. im going on the atkins diet. sucks, cause my body has been addicted to carbs for awhile.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

pimp.gif

not for a lunch for DEF for a snack. im going on the atkins diet. sucks, cause my body has been addicted to carbs for awhile.

Maybe thats because it needs carbs................

If I'm making alot of chicken breasts at once (like 6-10) I'll put them on a baking sheet covered in foil and put the oven to 400, and cook it forabout 20-30 minutes, turning it over one time. Usually works fine.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

pimp.gif

I wouldn't recommend atkin's per se. You'd be better off by just cutting out grains, flours, and refined sugar. Beans, nuts, vegetables, and somelow gi fruits should be the basis of your eating. Atkins misses out on important micro and macronutrients. Vitamin and mineral deficiency is not whats up.Plus, you'd probably lack in the fiber department.

I am starting a new workout tomorrow from the new Men's Health Book that is due out around Christmas time (I believe that is where it is from, a friend ofmine ordered it). In either case, by starting a new workout, I plan on going to GNC to get protein, for shakes and whatnot.

(I'm 18, weigh about 150-155lbs, and I'm 5'10''). I'm not looking to gain a whole lot of weight (a natural weight gain though isexpected at some point), but I am looking to gain upper body strength, because at the moment it's not all there. My question is, what protein do you allsuggest I take? A name/picture would be highly appreciated, so I know what I am looking for whenever I get over to GNC.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I am starting a new workout tomorrow from the new Men's Health Book that is due out around Christmas time (I believe that is where it is from, a friend of mine ordered it). In either case, by starting a new workout, I plan on going to GNC to get protein, for shakes and whatnot.

(I'm 18, weigh about 150-155lbs, and I'm 5'10''). I'm not looking to gain a whole lot of weight (a natural weight gain though is expected at some point), but I am looking to gain upper body strength, because at the moment it's not all there. My question is, what protein do you all suggest I take? A name/picture would be highly appreciated, so I know what I am looking for whenever I get over to GNC.

Thanks.
Nitro-tech Pro Series by Muscle Tech
Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
Myofusion by Gaspari

When buying supplements I suggest not buying from gnc, instead shop at prosource.net, supplementkingdome.com or a few other sites for great prices, gnc.comsometimes have great prices when they have 25 and 30% sales, but usually gnc prices are outrages example nitrotech pro series for 80 when prosource.net has itfor 50.

Originally Posted by gberdin

Serious Question: I'm thinkin of taking steroids someone school me on them.

Long term harm. Not worth it... no matter what some idiot tells you "it's OK man, just cycle it...blahblahblah"

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Long term harm. Not worth it... no matter what some idiot tells you "it's OK man, just cycle it...blahblahblah"
yeah, i know someone who got into insane shape. no visible side effects...

then one day he went to the doctor and found out it did irreversible heart damage and he didn't even know....

My latest snack of late has been soft-boiled eggs and hot sauce lol. Ive been extremely consistent with this.

Who else eats whole eggs and not just egg whites? Ive read a lot of research and a lot of it has said theres no reason why to avoid the yoke and has nosignificant effects on cholestorol levels. Having said that, on a cut i'll eat egg whites eh.

If you need schooling on them, you shouldn't be considering them. I did a speech on them this semester and there are so many effects of them that it'sjust not worth it. High blood pressure, increased heart attack and stroke risk, acne, increased body hair, testicular atrophy, head reshaping, decline innatural hormone production, development of breasts, testicular atrophy, aggression, etc. are all effects of steroids. If you're young, they may ruin yourhormone levels for life and may even inhibit the production of certain healthy compounds in the body. Try adjusting your diet. Fats are very anabolic andpromote testosterone production. If you really want to take steroids, I suggest your do your homework on them and make sure that you do them safely. It wouldsuck to look good but have terrible insides.

I wear Nike Free 3.0s and Vans or Chuck Taylors on back days and sometimes on leg days.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Nike free 7.0. I should've bought two pairs of these...
SMH.. I've been looking all over for these on the net. Came up nothing, either used or not in my size
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom