Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by wj4

Just curious, what size pants are you guys? I know majority has to fall between 29-34 on here. My pants are starting to fit snug now...that's motivating me like hell because replacements in a bigger size will be $$
laugh.gif
Im a 32.  Ive been a 32 since I was around the age of 12.  32x32 but im thinking of seeing if i can find some 32x33 pants.  They might fit me better.

I'm having some trouble gaining weight. Workout Upper body 3 times aweek, Lower body 2 a week. But I play Ball everyday, which is like 2hours of cardio. Is that what's stopping me? I drink a whey shake afterevery workout. I eat healthy, 4-5 small meals a day. Any advice? I'm19, 5'9, 140 lbs.

How many calories are you consuming in a day?  If youre playing basketball for that long you really need to increase your calories by a significant amount.  Youre going to need to be in the 3000-3500 range.  (Just taking a rough guess judging by your measurements)

running is my weakness, i ran 2 miles in 16:11 what can i do to improvemy time? the best ive had was 15:04 i wanna get down to 13 FLAT. ANyadvice will be appreciated
13 flat is a really good time.  Maybe someone who runs more often than I do (rarely) would have better advice, but from my perspective it seems like you need to work on your quickness and acceleration.

Durden - how tall and how much do you weigh?

When I wanted to become quicker at running, I tried to decrease 10 seconds each week. I started out when I was still semi fat and was pretty determined. Having good music is also a big help. Also remember to stretch before running.

i dont contribute a damn thing because i dont care about the people on this site sorry i dont make all these insightful posts like you do i could careless good for you

i only posted it cause he told me there was no way i could be that BF so i wanted to tell him hes full of ishh and i dont like the guy to be quite honest he thinks he knows everything you guys eat it up when hes just full of crap like the rest of the people in this thread

go read a book its all the same crap your wasting your time but like i said good for you guys to count all your calories and eat only clean food blah blah blah

Carlos

I've always been mad skinny and athletic and that mixed with my genes(my uncle was a body builder, my dad was real into weightlifting and my older brother still wakes up every morning at 4am to hit the gym) and ive been hitting the gym consistantly for about 2 years now so its always been in my family and theyve helped me out here and there but heres what my diet consists of.

9am
Oatmeal(2 packs) with a banana usually a grapefruit or green apples and strawberries and and water

11am
protein shake and or 3 egg whites to one yolk with 2 pieces of ezekial bread and water

12pm-2pm
Thats usually my workout window ill workout sometime in there not for 2 hrs at a time sometimes ill go back later on and do legs and plyos and abs

2:30pm-3:00pm
Protein shake with bananas and strawberries

4:00-5pm
Usually 2 or 3 ground sirloin hamburgers or ill make turkey burgers with ground turkey with brown rice or raw sweet potatos and water

7pm
I usually eat about 7 to 9 oz of chicken or ground turkey with salad usually(raw spinich arougala sp?) and tomatos and avocado and water

9pm
Ill snack on some raw almonds and eat yogurt along with a protein shake before bed sometimes a grapefruit or a green apple

If im snacking in the day its always raw almonds or a green apple or string cheese the key is to be benficial with your snackin....heres a little tip you lookin to lose weight? eat a grapefruit before bed....grapefruit speeds up your metabolism

Originally Posted by nighthawk9421

running is my weakness, i ran 2 miles in 16:11 what can i do to improve my time? the best ive had was 15:04 i wanna get down to 13 FLAT. ANy advice will be appreciated

run five miles a day...key is pace.
steady pace rather than looking "macho"
like you're a machine.

....i laugh at the guys at the setting the incline to like 15 and speed to 8miles per hours, then give me a smug cocky look.
i burn em' out after 3miles holding at 5mph...on my last mile i always PUSH like 9mphfor 0.5miles.

NEVER DRINK WATER DURING...only before or after, i make water my reward.

The workout I've posted a few pages back from Muscle and Fitness is actually working good.

Going into week 2 of the workout regimen. Stepping up the HIIT to 2 minute splits of leisure walk and full out.

Originally Posted by supreme math

Originally Posted by nighthawk9421

running is my weakness, i ran 2 miles in 16:11 what can i do to improve my time? the best ive had was 15:04 i wanna get down to 13 FLAT. ANy advice will be appreciated

run five miles a day...key is pace.
steady pace rather than looking "macho"
like you're a machine.

....i laugh at the guys at the setting the incline to like 15 and speed to 8miles per hours, then give me a smug cocky look.
i burn em' out after 3miles holding at 5mph...on my last mile i always PUSH like 9mphfor 0.5miles.

NEVER DRINK WATER DURING...only before or after, i make water my reward.
There are 2 types of runners.  Those who run short distant at high pace, ie those who do HIIT and those who do long distant at a slower pace.

This has nothing to do with looking 'macho'.  Look up HIIT and see how a 15-20 min running session can be a hell of a lot more effective than running for a long distance.  A good example is....how many fat sprinters do you see?  And how many fat marathoners do you see?

And never drink water?  Come on, dude...you're suppose to stay hydrated through out the day, let alone while you're exercising.  When you get thirsty, you're already dehydrated.  Also just by drinking water through out the day, that speeds up your metabolism.

I just bought 5 lbs of grapefruit, that was about a week ago, I've only eaten about 2 then....my friend told me they help lose weight as well.
And just to clarify: Intra-workout means I should be taking the Purple wraath in the middle of my workout?

i wanna be able to dunk, or at least get up. should i just be doing weighted calf raises, leg press, leg extensions?

Keepz

Id take it before and see how it works out and if you dont like that drink it through out your workout.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

i wanna be able to dunk, or at least get up. should i just be doing weighted calf raises, leg press, leg extensions?
Plyometrics.  Get the twitch muscles up and working.

^good lookin out. I also got some white flood too....are they stack-able? Like...1 scoop of each or the regular dosage of both of em in 1 sitting?

Actually, I might try the white flood pre workout then drink the PW intra-workout.

Originally Posted by wj4

And never drink water?  Come on, dude...you're suppose to stay hydrated through out the day, let alone while you're exercising.  When you get thirsty, you're already dehydrated.  Also just by drinking water through out the day, that speeds up your metabolism.
smh, please do not mix what you over heard some ghetto high school football coach yelling to his players with ACTUAL HEALTH FACTS!

doing so you will DEHYDRATE yourself and sweat out essential electrolytes and DIE!

Originally Posted by wj4

smh, please do not mix what you over heard some ghetto high school football coach yelling to his players with ACTUAL HEALTH FACTS!

doing so you will DEHYDRATE yourself and sweat out essential electrolytes and DIE!
Dude...what are you talking about?  How old are you?

i gotta stop going out late at night, man.. every time i do, i end up eating some garbage at the worst times of the night. i NEVER eat fast food but just ate a bunch of wendy's at 1 because it was all that was open. smh.. i'll be in the gym hard tomorrow.

is this guy trying to say water is bad? im confused.

all i'm saying is that the body only needs 8-10 glasses of water a day to run efficiently.
most of that water comes from fruit and veggies technically.

when working out you sweat out "electrolytes", DRINKING WATER IS NOT BAD!
but DRINKING LARGE AMOUNTS thinking you're trying to stay hydrated cause
you to go into a seizure and DIE from WATER POISONING!

all i'm saying is that the body only needs 8-10 glasses of water a day to run efficiently.

Salt.

This is only true if you hold it in, everything is deadly if given enough dose.  This example dealing with consuming too much water hit the public a couple of years ago when a radio station had a contest called "Pee for a Wii" or something along the line.  A contestant died from drinking too much water and holding it in.  We studied this in Toxicology as it played a major part in my undergrad and continues to do so for my MS.

It's a rule of thumb that if your urine is yellow, you're dehydrated and not getting enough water.  You want it to be a clearer hue.  You can drink all the water you want, as long as you pee when your body tells you...you will be fine.

Keepz

You could take both of those together but id either mix em or use one then the other.

You have to drink quite a bit of water for your brain to swell and die..

It happend to a kid here in chico, trying to pledge a frat. Im pretty sure he had drank like 3 or 4 alahambra water jugs of water along with push ups and jumping jacks as they poured water on themselves in the middle of february. sad stuff people are heartless and people do some strange things for acceptance in our society.

Back
Top Bottom